The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (OT)- Mutants and Miracles: The Novellas

A project that spent three years in development hell has finally come to fruition.

For a long time now, I've been attempting to develop stories based around the original TMNT Fred Wolf series, the project took on the form of a comic, then a novel, and finally after some major plot abandonment/retooling, returned as a ten book series of novellas

I hope you enjoy them, as a regular reader or as a performer. There's quite a lot in them for everyone

Mutants & Miracles (Editor's Cut)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-03-2021 at 02:58 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Season 4

So you're using season 4 (Technodrome in Dimension X, season 3 has already happen with that dinosaur cave in the Earth's underground).

I've been waiting for years for something like this!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
So you're using season 4 (Technodrome in Dimension X, season 3 has already happen with that dinosaur cave in the Earth's underground).
It's set after Season Ten and Turtles Forever
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Overlord

Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
It's set after Season Ten and Turtles Forever
So that's that "other shredder"? When will the other stories be published. Would be nice to just add next time when the stories are set.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
So that's that "other shredder"?
I'm not one of those people that like to disavow Turtles Forever just because it didnt synch up with their preffered perception of the old show, to me, it's canon.

I fully intend to explain away all the odd characterisations in TF with a few lines in the next episode. I'm also explaining how April and everyone got back on their feet.

Quote:
When will the other stories be published. Would be nice to just add next time when the stories are set.
I don't have a timetable for the eps. My plate is pretty full right now, I have a TMNT fanfilm script to continue work on, and I also write other fanfics for FF.Net based on other interests I have. I have to begin major retweeks on the second episode also, so they'll be "done when they're done". I was fortunate enough to have free time to finish this one up.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I have now begun novelizing "So Long, No Thanks For All The Fish" for Fanfiction.net. Updates will be daily.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Interesting endeavor. I like the story so far! Maybe someone could do an action figure play with it or something.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Interesting endeavor. I like the story so far! Maybe someone could do an action figure play with it or something.
That boy in the story doesn't have his own action figure yet.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-15-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I read your story, Zarius, and left my reviews. Maybe you could post a link to FF.Net so others can view it as well. It's really great so far though.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

I second what Shell said, it's really good and i'm sure others would like to read it. Left you a review too (BrookeT).
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks Bubbly and Blossom. Much appreciated. Expect some more chapters tommorow (having the script makes the process of novelizing much faster)

Bubbly, I've already given the link to the FF.net version of the story in the first page (see the "read the novelization" option)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ah, okay. I didn't see that. Thanks for telling me.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
ZariusTwo
Overlord

No problem. Thanks for your reviews and pointing out some of my typos on the story.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Right, I've taken the fan audio script down for the time being. I just felt that my novelization of the story was a far more polished product and I'd like the script to reflect that more, so I'll be rewriting it in the future. Sorry folks.

The good news is I've just about finished work on the novel, and it will be completed later today.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome. I just read the latest two chapters and loved them. And no problem on pointing out mistakes. It's what I'm here for.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

A project that spent three years in development hell has finally come to fruition.

For a long time now, I've been attempting to develop stories based around the original TMNT Fred Wolf series, the project took on the form of a comic, then a novel, and finally after some major plot abandoment/retooling, returned to a script format to serve it's newest purpose: As an audio drama script!

Overall, I plan to write at least ten of these, a full "season" so to speak, split into two waves. The first episode is a 50-minute "primetime special", with the remainder of the episodes being 25 minutes in length like a standard episode of the old show.

Due to FF.Net's flippant rules and regulations regarding fanscripts, I've taken to posting them on Deviantart until further notice. In time I may "novelize" the scripts to give them some kind of prescense on FF.net, but I'd rather they be read in this form first.

People keen on TMNT audio dramas or just plays in general should feel free to use these scripts to their hearts content, I hope you enjoy them, as a regular reader or as a performer. There's quite a lot in them for everyone

Episodes

"Wave One" (Eps 1-5)

1."So Long, No Thanks For All The Fish"
(TEMPORARILY DOWN FOR REWRITES)
(Read the Novelization here)
2. "My Seer, My Secretary" (in development)
3. "Raphael Counts 'Em All" (in development)
4. "The Lotus and The Sun" (in development)
5. "Mutants and Miracles" (in development)
...... read a bit of it... instantly turned off by the story starting off with 'penis-size jokes'. Yeah, I know it wasn't that... but all the suggestive dialogue... just no dude. Bad! Bad! Bad! No pizza for you! Keep that kinda stuff out of the OT-type Turtles.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
...... read a bit of it... instantly turned off by the story starting off with 'penis-size jokes'. Yeah, I know it wasn't that... but all the suggestive dialogue... just no dude. Bad! Bad! Bad! No pizza for you! Keep that kinda stuff out of the OT-type Turtles.
This. You tend to get after people who go too high violence with the FW Turtles, why go so blue with the humor?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 01-17-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And the novel is complete. I'm pretty thrilled about that.

As for the humor...well there WAS a prostitute joke in the old show once, heh heh. Don't worry, I'm behaving myself on the other stories I'm doing.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Congrats, Zarius. I just reviewed the last two chapters. Are you going to put the other scripts into novel form as well? That would be cool.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Quote:
And the novel is complete. I'm pretty thrilled about that.

As for the humor...well there WAS a prostitute joke in the old show once, heh heh. Don't worry, I'm behaving myself on the other stories I'm doing.
LOL, I don't mind some of the implied humor because the OT did do that a few times. I know you are referring to the "Donatello's Degree" episode where Irma says that she's not "that type of girl" when Donatello tells her to wait for a group of guys to pick her up.

There were other examples of this implied adult humor too:

"Leonardo the Renaissance Turtle": Lex arrests Leonardo and April for jaywalking and the Lex robot asks if they have any "final words" she says "Yes, but they're not appropriate for television."

"Plan Six from Outer Space": Michelangelo becomes frustrated that they can't find pepperoni throughout the entire city for his pizza. Raphael comments, "Who knew there would be such a sausage shortage??" He breaks the 4th wall and says, "...And don't ask me to repeat that again."

"Menace Maestro Please": The Turtles attack Bebop & Rocksteady at a costume closet and both Bebop and Rocksteady fall into a box with either half of a donkey costume. Leonardo remarks, "Oh...so that's what they have in common."

So I don't mind the suggestive, implied humor because the OT had that, it's just that we as kids didn't pick it up on our radar. As long as the fanfic doesn't have blantant and explicit adult humor then its fine for me at least.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote