The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Kids think boogers are delicious. Anything kids like, I have to question the quality of.

On a side note, everything I've heard the last few days says they're looking for a group of four 12-13 year olds for this movie. If true, it shows they've learned nothing. Still thinking some dumb gimmick or stunt casting is gonna be the spark that lights the fire. Unbelievable.

Hopefully it's fake, but I've been seeing it everywhere, so I'unno.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #42
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kids think boogers are delicious. Anything kids like, I have to question the quality of.

On a side note, everything I've heard the last few days says they're looking for a group of four 12-13 year olds for this movie. If true, it shows they've learned nothing. Still thinking some dumb gimmick or stunt casting is gonna be the spark that lights the fire. Unbelievable.

Hopefully it's fake, but I've been seeing it everywhere, so I'unno.
or they are trying to replicate the 'success' of stranger things.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, exactly. I have no idea what that show is about, but like everyone else I've seen the pictures of the kids dressed up like Ghostbusters. And I can totally imagine some f*ckwit at Sony seeing that and being all, "THAT'S the hook for the next one!"

What's next after that fails? Four midgets? Talking dogs? C'mon.

I'm not going to commit to how I feel until it's either proven or disproven. But if it's true, I am once again out. That kind of thing would only prove with 100% certainty that these people have no idea what they're doing and are just throwing crap at the wall. Or the fan.

... I mean, they already proved that last time, but that could have just been a single misfire. In theory. If they do this, they're just plain stupid.

Old 01-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
or they are trying to replicate the 'success' of stranger things.
You could be onto something here. "It" as well. Though I see "kids" now and saw "teenagers" earlier. A bunch of 18 year olds is very different than say, 12 year olds.

It's interesting. To me that suggests the old Ghostbusters will have more considerable parts vs. if the word was that the movie would have a bunch of younger comedic actors. Like, who is going to drive the Ecto-1 around? It's not going to be 12 year olds. You know what I mean?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #45
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, it doesn't sound like Dan has much to do with this creatively beyond maybe sticky notes that can be regarded or disregarded. Probably a good thing since Murray didn't like any of his scripts.
But Murray didn't actually read any of his scripts. He simply didn't want to do a third movie.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #46
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

getting a Kids on Bikes genre feel with ghostbusters could be a interesting take.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #47
Leo656
The Franchise

Part II was already enough of a kids movie. No mas.

They went for the Angry Feminist/SJW crowd last time, and it flunked. Sounds like all they've done is start talking about which "demographic" they should pivot towards next.

"People who just want a good movie without a pandering gimmick stapled onto it" would be a nice start. Too bad those people don't have a convenient label sticker that lumps them all together for marketing purposes.

I'unno. I'm hoping that it's just rumors, because that's not a good idea.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
While I didn't dislike that film, it was fun in its own way (and to be fair I'm a very casual viewer of that franchise), it hurt any chance of being tied to this one BY being its own total reboot.

I still feel it would have been far cooler and more acceptable (esp as a female viewer) if instead of an unrelated reboot the women had all been the daughters of the original characters, picking up the torch from their dads. (Then you could have either had them lend a hand at some point in this movie too or they're simply out of the picture because, I dunno, they opened and moved to another headquarters on the other end of town and this film just focuses on their dads getting back in the game.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-19-2019 at 06:30 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #49
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm being serious, after seeing the last one over a year ago, I have really been trying to remember watching a worse movie in my entire life, and the closest thing I have come up with is "Meet The Feebles". And at least that movie has knockoff muppets doing cocaine and murdering each other. Therefore, it's bad, but retains some level of "Dude, you HAVE to see this retarded ass movie!" appeal.

All I saw from the GB reboot was bad slapstick, a recurring "joke" about wontons (Just order from someplace else, you hags! What the F*CK is this sh*t taking up space for?!), a whole bunch of "Men R dumb, duh-hurr" stuff, a main character whose entire "personality" is screaming at people, PS4-quality CGI, and a color palette that looked like it was trying to see how much saturated neon it takes to murder a TV. Plus, not one, but TWO "What the F*CK am I watching?!" dance numbers (extended version).

I can only call what I see, and I seriously can't even remember anything worse. "Teenage Catgirls In Heat" had naked boobs. "Legend of Chun-Li" had Michael Clarke Duncan. Every single piece of sh*t I can remember seeing in my life had at least ONE redeeming factor. I got nothin', here.

I am not doing schtick. I'd have more colorful material if I was. I hated that movie more than R. Kelly hates age of consent laws.

....Always end on a joke, even when you're cranky.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Hey, like I said, very casual viewer here. I don't really expect my reception of it to have much more merit then the casuals who think it's fine to eff the Turtles up. (I just wish any women getting to play too didn't have to turn it into a niche version and thus a joke.)

So if you had to choose which was worst... 2016 Ghostbusters or 2016 TMNT?

Anyhow... Hopefully this next one will be good. Will be fun to see the 'old' guys reprising their rolls.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Leslie Jones slams this movie, says it's "like something Trump would do."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...uld-do-1177578

lol... wtf?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

lol... wtf?
Wow. Somebody needs to up her daily ambien intake.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:28 PM   #53
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:

lol... wtf?
She definitely sounds like she has some screws loose.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #54
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Man, and I actually like Leslie.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Jesus, Indigo, that's like asking if I'd prefer slicing open my scrotum on razor wire or chainlink fence. In a perfect world, I'd never have to deal with either one.

It's also not a fair question, because I saw "Answer The Call" beginning to end in one sitting, whereas I have probably seen all of BayTurtles 1 but only in clips taken out of order. I may have missed a scene here or there, but I saw enough to know I'm definitely not interested in watching it in its entirety, just to compare it with the GB reboot in a contest to see which one makes me swallow an entire bottle of Lithium first.

Also, please note, at no point in my "review" did I mention, even once, whether or not the film was at all fair or faithful to the Ghostbusters concept or its history, or whether it was at least "good from a fan's point of view". The answer to all of those questions is "Absolutely Not", but I swear, that's not even the issue. The only factor the "Ghostbusters" brand plays in all of it is, is without that sticker on it I wouldn't have ever seen it at all (and for that, I'd be grateful). I do think it was a terrible Ghostbusters movie, but I mostly just think it's a terrible movie and the fact that it hurt the franchise is just a "bonus".

I forgot to mention the horrible soundtrack. Oof. Movie was bad but the soundtrack should be a f*cking hate crime.

There's a ton of nitpicking of other sh*t, like the editing, in which some scenes are hacked off in awkward places where others go too long (or shouldn't exist). But that's probably not going to be worth noting for most people. I've just never been so frustrated by a bad movie, but a lot of that has to do with the "smugness" of it all. Clearly the people making it felt that it was SUPER clever, except not a single thing was funny, every character was a terrible person, the villain was Some Bozo, and the whole thing physically looked like they started out making a straight-to-DVD Scooby-Doo movie, then switched midway through into a live-action Ghostbusters movie with the same budget and hoped nobody would notice.

I don't judge it as a Ghostbusters movie at all. It's more like an SNL skit that makes fun of Ghostbusters, dragged out for eternity. I simply judge it based on the fact that I found it to be a very incompetent production with a cast of people I never want to see in anything again. I hate it because it ruined my evening, not because it "ruined Ghostbusters", something it doesn't have the power to do, in and of itself.

I feel like some people assume that people hate it solely from a Ghostbusters perspective, rather than the fact that it has no reason to exist aside from the logo and does nothing right at all.
-----------------

How appropriately on time that bit about Jones is, as she was one of the worst things about that movie by far. She's got no reason to have a job in Hollywood at all, she's unbearable in any setting. She talks a lot of sh*t for someone who, in any other era, would still be giving people "sassy" directions to the back of the line at the DMV, rather than attaching herself to more successful people's projects like a rotting barnacle just so studios can avoid getting scolded by the entertainment "reporters" at the Huffington Post for not hitting an arbitrary quota.

Terrible. She's terrible. Ugh.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #56
Allio
Foot Elite

Trump’s reaction is more like

“Ghostbusters? Is that one of them chink cartoons?”
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #57
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wow Leslie shut the **** up. you were one of the worst parts of that terrible movie
Old 01-19-2019, 11:17 PM   #58
Xav
Foot Elite

Jason Reitman Is Directing 'Ghostbusters 3,' And It's All Your Fault
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:34 PM   #59
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:

lol... wtf?
Wow,...someone's salty that her film sucked. Yeah, **** you and your movie, Leslie.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:20 AM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What a cuck.