The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #1001
oldmanwinters
Overlord

And here I thought TVtropes was only for TV !

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1002
Vegita-San
Emperor

Mr.Day,
i'm not sure of your history, so i apologies if this is the wrong place... but do you do commisions? Love your style, and I'm looking for people to design stuff for a new web comic series. First I need characters designed and locations, and then I'd like to do 3 Pages per month..

if interested, lmk id be curious how much you charge
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #1003
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Mr.Day,
i'm not sure of your history, so i apologies if this is the wrong place... but do you do commisions? Love your style, and I'm looking for people to design stuff for a new web comic series. First I need characters designed and locations, and then I'd like to do 3 Pages per month..

A couple people, including myself have already asked that question, dude. Apparently Tony's taking some time off. Besides, why dontcha use your computer animation technology and make a 3D comic strip? That'd be awesome!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #1004
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
A couple people, including myself have already asked that question, dude. Apparently Tony's taking some time off. Besides, why dontcha use your computer animation technology and make a 3D comic strip? That'd be awesome!
i can't without character designs, and my crap doesn't cut it I need something good to translate into bad CGI
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #1005
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Hidden 1st Movie Reference

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but Tony Day included part of the 1st movie's climatic dialogue of Leo and Shredder in this panel.
http://www.trydowave.com/t4.9.web.htm

The "You Lie!" "Do I?" dialogue parallels that to the movie, except instead of Splinter they're talking about Raphael. I think it could be deliberate on Tony Day's part since he enjoyed the 1st movie and was inspired by the character of Raphael in the first movie. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=995

Tony Day you little tease! LOL Still discovering these little hidden references!
Not surprised since it took us (the readers) months to realize that you incorporated the different TMNT series' logos on the covers of your comics!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #1006
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

Hi guys... just thought i'd check in and see how everybody's doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Just listed this story as a recommendation on Tvtropes. As I've said before, It honestly needs a page all it's own there
Thanx for this Zarius man. Much appreciated and that was a really nice write up. I just read JLS fic (thought it was great btw) and i'll be sure to read your script soon now that i'm frequenting these forums again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Mr.Day,

Hey. I'm interested in doing this if you want me too. Dunno how much i'd charge though coz i've never charged before. But, if you still wanna do this project, send me an email and we'll chat about it.

Anyways... Whats new here on the Technodrome forums... Everyone hyped up for Michael Bays Turtles movie lol (~ a loud laugh with a hint of sadness)
Tony Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #1007
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Day View Post
Thanx for this Zarius man. Much appreciated and that was a really nice write up. I just read JLS fic (thought it was great btw) and i'll be sure to read your script soon now that i'm frequenting these forums again
No worries mate, glad to have helped give your work an extra bit of publicity, it's well earned.

I've also added a page for it on my steadily growing TMNTFanfiction wiki

Hope that web series commision gets off the ground, sounds interesting.

I've written about five books since churning out that little audio script, and beleive me, they're much better detailed and the stories improve with each succcesive title, be sure to check them out.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #1008
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Just finished Turtle Turncoat and was pretty impressed with the ending
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #1009
Gadget
Thug

whoah it's been a long time catching up to this, but i have to say it's been such a brilliant ride and i've loved every moment of it. thank you Tony for your wonderful art, I have especially loved the way your draw Shredder (oh well i'm biased since he was always my favourite ) and this ending was very fitting and actually pretty bittersweet for pretty much all characters imo.
thanks again, and i'll certainly be re-reading it from time to time!!
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #1010
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

I'm glad you liked it gadget. Its been a while since I completed it. Over a year in fact. Better get my arse in gear and get on with a new project
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #1011
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
I'm glad you liked it gadget. Its been a while since I completed it. Over a year in fact. Better get my arse in gear and get on with a new project
How about a Fan comic based around one of the Old Nes or Snes TMNT games such as TMNT III "Manhattan Project" or TMNT IV "Turtles in Time"

Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #1012
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Welcome back,Tony! Care to toss a spoilers our way?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #1013
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

Soz guys. Haven't actually thought of anything yet. Turtles related or not. I was just thinking it might be a good idea to pick up a pencil and draw something before I get really rusty.

The only things ive done since Turncoat are a few one off pics and about 4 portraits and I always remember what my art teacher said. Make sure you draw something, anything, at least once a day. Been a bit lazy of late but work has a lot to do with it.

Not sure if I could bring myself to draw another Turtle again lol. Still love them but I was glad when it was over. If I choose to do another comic it will definitely be in b&w with lots of shadows (minimalist style) with someone else completely writing the script.

Time will tell. At the moment im trying to learn Illustrator... and I hate it
Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #1014
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Soz guys. Haven't actually thought of anything yet. Turtles related or not. I was just thinking it might be a good idea to pick up a pencil and draw something before I get really rusty.

The only things ive done since Turncoat are a few one off pics and about 4 portraits and I always remember what my art teacher said. Make sure you draw something, anything, at least once a day. Been a bit lazy of late but work has a lot to do with it.

Not sure if I could bring myself to draw another Turtle again lol. Still love them but I was glad when it was over. If I choose to do another comic it will definitely be in b&w with lots of shadows (minimalist style) with someone else completely writing the script.

Time will tell. At the moment im trying to learn Illustrator... and I hate it

Lazy? More like your heart was not into like Peter's has been because you are overwelmed with the creative process of the property and need a break from it. Its perfectly undestandable and I would be the same way if I were you.

The first step to another project is which characters do you want involved. After you devise the characater set figure out a tone and if its to be a marriage of two or more versions. From there the plot will flow together in how to work it all out. I do like the Manhattan Project made into a comic idea IF Rat King will be added into the mix between level five and six adaptation. How about that? I would be happy to assist with plot uncredited if you want/need it.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #1015
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I think the resolution of Turtle Turncoat stands well on its own. I wouldn't want to see a full-on sequel, personally.

Though methinks Tony has the itch to do a Rocket Raccoon comic or something.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #1016
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Forget Illustrator! I use it all the time in my freelance work and it sucks unless you're doing logos or maybe packaging art. But for comics stuff, I love Manga Studio for the pencilling and inking and Photoshop rules for coloring. Illustrator is an exercise in frustration!! (Unless you really want to use it for package art and logos!)
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #1017
Tony Day
Stone Warrior

Nah. I love Rocket Racoon but id never do a comic of it. Animals are very hard to draw

As for Illustrator. I hate it with a passion. Im just learning it and updating my skills with other programs so I can get back into my previous line of work. Something to do with print.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #1018
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Hey Tony Day! Glad to see you back! Looking forward to your new projects!
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #1019
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Animals are very hard to draw
Says the man who drew over 200 pages of man-sized turtles!

View my sketch work!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #1020
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
OMG! I can't believe I just found this! I just read through the ENTIRE run of Turtle Turncoat at one sitting, and WOW! Loved it. You've captured the feel and look of the OT turtles, with a darker and more mature edge. Awesome work!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan comic