The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

TMNT Daily Comic Strip

Do we know if a complete collection exists anywhere in either digital form or old cut outs from newspapers? Wonder if we could all pull what we have to complete it?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Yes, I have come across it but I don't remember where to find it and I wouldn't be allowed to tell you where anyway. Regardless it's annoying because each strip is a page of it's own, making it a pain to read.

You're better off hoping IDW will release a collection eventually.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #3
rich
Mad Scientist

I cut them out every day for years and put them into scrapbooks until my paper stopped running them. I'm not sure how much is missing from the end but it's a solid accounting of a lot of them. It's in two separate scrapbooks. Take a look:

Volume I

Volume II

Also, the publication 'Comics Revue' reprinted a bunch of them in the early 90s. These are the issues they were in: Comics Revue

Last edited by rich; 04-21-2020 at 06:44 PM.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:49 AM   #4
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I cut them out every day for years and put them into scrapbooks until my paper stopped running them. I'm not sure how much is missing from the end but it's a solid accounting of a lot of them. It's in two separate scrapbooks. Take a look:

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/memora...book-volume-i/

https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/memora...ook-volume-ii/

Also, the publication 'Comics Revue' reprinted a bunch of them in the early 90s. These are the issues they were in: https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-c...e=comics-revue
I Doubt these will ever get reprinted. A Long time ago in some other post I put the first 2 story arcs with 5 strips on each page with whatever I could find online. The 1st 2 story arcs seem to be complete. I didn't see any missing. Any way, in the 3rd story arc I filled in the missing strips, without removing your watermark, if you don't mind me posting it, Rich! I also scanned some of the comics revue. I could post those too
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:41 AM   #5
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Dan Berger used to post them occasionally on the old ninjaturtles.com website. Maybe they can be found on the wayback machine. I don't think he ever got through them all, though.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
I Doubt these will ever get reprinted. A Long time ago in some other post I put the first 2 story arcs with 5 strips on each page with whatever I could find online. The 1st 2 story arcs seem to be complete. I didn't see any missing. Any way, in the 3rd story arc I filled in the missing strips, without removing your watermark, if you don't mind me posting it, Rich! I also scanned some of the comics revue. I could post those too
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Dan Berger used to post them occasionally on the old ninjaturtles.com website. Maybe they can be found on the wayback machine. I don't think he ever got through them all, though.
Feel free to use the image from my site as you wish. I'd personally love to see the comic strips get reprinted but I think you are right that that it won't happen. IDW had indicated they might be interested in reprinting them at some point if they had the source material to do it (which they didn't) and if those were considered Viacom / Nickelodeon intellectual property. A few years later, I notified them where all the original source was for them but nothing ever came of it. Could be it's still in the works though. As long as IDW retains the rights for TMNT publishing it "could" happen...just likely won't.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hey! I think I might have finally found the Holy Grail on this. I'll report back in a while, hopefully with some definitive images!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

I'm not too familiar with this, but definitely interested.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Somebody remind me again which strips we lack from having a complete run.

I have all the files downloaded but on my home computer.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-21-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

The best way to ever get this done properly would be for someone who had the entire series run in their local newspaper from start to finish to go down to the local library and slowly start to take the scanned images that would be archived on microfiche for each day. You’d able to bring them home on a USB disk these days. It would take forever though. Unfortunately, this never ran in my local paper.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

As far as I remember there was a story that was sorta serious with dinosaurs and shredder and stuff and it followed a 'see the next strip to see more of how this story unfolds'. It felt like a missing story from Archie.

The next one was drawn out and followed the 'third panel is the punchline' format most strips do. Rat King was running for office and was gonna feed people brainwashing food but at the end (after the turtles finally got off their asses) it seemed Rat King was standing right onto the sewer lid the turtles would come out of, tripping him up, ruining his speech and whatever else.

I think the next take brought in shredder but it was more drawn out daily gag comic stuff but I either tuned out, dad stopped buying the paper or it ended.

I remember Batman had a strip around the time of the first movie which was serious in tone but happened after the movie. My teacher was so pissed it got cancelled over the turtles taking it over.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

wasn't there one of them dealing with mad cow?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
wasn't there one of them dealing with mad cow?
That was in the UK papers. Completely different team and storylines.

EDIT:
Example photos:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=50746

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 04-22-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #14
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Here's what I got. I have more somewhere "(1x5)" is the 5 strips per page for readability Singles folder has originals

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/wga6...Comic%20Strips
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Can we get a Mod to merge this thread with the older, more extensive one?
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52868

There's some information in the old thread that could possibly answer some questions in this one.

View my sketch work!
Old 05-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #16
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

The newspaper strip is a bit of blindspot for me. I vaguely remember it from my childhood but I might be mixing it up with the old magazine I had a subscription to. Can someone paint for me broad strokes of what we are talking about?

When did it run, what years? Which artists? I know Berger, Brown, Allan, etc. but I don't when they working on the title. Did E&L ever do a strip? How many strips in total, dailies, sundays?

I know lots of questions, just got curious recently and can't seem to find much to go on.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #17
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I think we should take this into our own hands. Just starting a website or a blog with well enough scanned pictures of every strip with touch-up on photoshop to make them look better.

I'm willing to do the photoshop part If I can get good enough resolution of the scans. And if we can't get good enough versions, we can just put the bad ones and replace them over time. AND if it get enough watch, maybe IDW might do something about it (or use them?).

Do a website like those webcomics strip ones. With the release date at the top and all.

(And, when it's all done and IDW never do anything about it, we can eventually make limited hardcover versions of them like Demon-Alukard is doing with the Italian LE TARTARUGHE NINJA Comics)
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #18
Diorm
Hench Mutant

i started collecting in a file every Strip I can find and put them in order of date (ex: 1991-04-01).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Here's what I got. I have more somewhere "(1x5)" is the 5 strips per page for readability Singles folder has originals

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/wga6...Comic%20Strips
I'm using your ComicRevue scan you found and cutting everything with photoshop (the resolution is better than the single strip) Problem is: There is some ComicRevue missing and I'll have to use the single strip version with smaller resolution eventually. And the Sunday strip can only be found all over the internet (the color comic)

For the UK strip, it might be more difficult. There is no real good sources.

AND I need to find a good free host for putting everything on a website. Thinking of using canalblog (the only one I'm used to) but if anybody know any other hosting for a blog version just tell me.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #19
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

just wanna say... i read them as a kid. loved them thanks for sharing!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote