The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #41
Powder
So tired of this place

"These turtles are being arrested & they're really happy about it"

But yeah that's about as lame as I expected it to be. Buncha dollar goods from Wal-mart with a random toy & a shirt. Meh. Easy pass.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #42
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
"These turtles are being arrested & they're really happy about it"

But yeah that's about as lame as I expected it to be. Buncha dollar goods from Wal-mart with a random toy & a shirt. Meh. Easy pass.
Exactly. It's so rare these things offer anything worth what you're paying. It's only worth the cost if you understand you're paying for the excitement of being surprised every month. It's like buying MtG repacks.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #43
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Exactly. It's so rare these things offer anything worth what you're paying. It's only worth the cost if you understand you're paying for the excitement of being surprised every month. It's like buying MtG repacks.
I don't know about other boxes. I will say that Loot Crate has been pretty good. Even when it's a theme that I have little interest in, I still tend to find at least a few cool items each month. But they seem to be large enough to be able to work out exclusive deals and design their own shirts. Most of these gift boxes probably don't have anywhere near the subscriber base to be able to do that.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #44
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

ugh

every unboxing video that pops up is the f'n Combo box
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #45
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Just a suggestion here but does anyone think this type of idea would work for this forum? I mean, who better to buy random turtles stuff than from hardcore turtles fans? It could be its own section under the for sale/want to buy. I know I could put together a few kits and sell them for cheap. We could even show what's included or at least half of what's inside so people don't feel like they are getting ripped off.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #46
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Just a suggestion here but does anyone think this type of idea would work for this forum? I mean, who better to buy random turtles stuff than from hardcore turtles fans? It could be its own section under the for sale/want to buy. I know I could put together a few kits and sell them for cheap. We could even show what's included or at least half of what's inside so people don't feel like they are getting ripped off.
idk, some guy tried a "mysterybox" thing here once and there was some kid that ripped into him pretty hard over it.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #47
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Right, I wouldn't buy a complete mystery box either but say when you advertise the half-mystery box, you say (or show) what the highlights of the box are. For example, if you were selling a box that included a on-card turtle figure, a couple of loose figures, some comics and some other small random things, just reveal the on-card figure and the comics so people will at least get something they know they want but also get a small surprise. If they don't like the risk of the surprise, they don't have to buy it.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 AM   #48
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
idk, some guy tried a "mysterybox" thing here once and there was some kid that ripped into him pretty hard over it.
It was a mystery box for 200 bucks. Stakes need to be lower.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #49
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

$200 is ridiculous, especially if you have no idea what you're getting. I'm talking $25-$35 and some clue as to what will be in there. You could even have fun with it and just show pics of a small portion of each item such as only the artwork of a carded figure or just a corner of a comic.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #50
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I was totally intrigued by this TMNTBox, but after seeing these videos...yikes. The puzzles, stickers and washcloth all come from dollar stores. I know a lot of people say this about a lot of subscription boxes, but I have most definitely witnessed all those items in my local Dollar Tree. However, the shirt and T-Machine are great items to be included in there. The mystery "red" box with an infant turtle is kind of dumb to me, as I'd hate seeing a loose figure...but maybe that's just me.

I too am interested to see what comes in a classics box, but I won't lie in that I would have chosen a combo box since I love both old and new turtles.

When it comes to these subscription boxes, I have been a customer to Loot Crate, Horror Block and Collectible Geek (for their Cowabunga Cache only). Some have their stinkers and some have seriously made my day. There's something crazy addicting and fun about receiving a box of mystery items in the mail, so I factor in some of the cost as the element of surprise.

Seeing as this was TMNT Box's first box...it should have wowed the first customers to intrigue the YouTube audience into purchasing a later box. They mega failed in that area. I'm happy I didn't jump on this, but I don't think it's a total loss for anyone who subscribed. A box like this would be fun to share with kids.

On a random note, has anyone seen that particular shirt in a store? I like it and I'm curious to know if anyone has seen it?
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:07 PM   #51
Antrax
Hench Mutant

I have only seen reviews with ninjas in training Mike. Have others received any other Turtle? There are lots of bulk sales of that figure from China.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #52
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

no

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post

On a random note, has anyone seen that particular shirt in a store? I like it and I'm curious to know if anyone has seen it?
i haven't seen it. i googled codewords for it but couldn't find it either. i really like it too.

EDIT: i found it http://www.tvstoreonline.com/tmnt-te...een-shirt.html

but it comes with every box and it's gonna cost u around the same price to buy the shirt might as well buy the box man

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 06-16-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #53
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

lol

They changed their slogan from $50 or merch to $40 plus
Old 06-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #54
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Is there any more art or better pics of those Rock n Roll turtles?
https://www.tumblr.com/search/mello%20smello
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #55
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Classic

Just heard back from someone about the classic box

they got (and i quote) "I got a pocket pop, a bad ass beanie, a drinking glass, some good quality tmnt boxers and the shirt."

that's swayed me
Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #56
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
still might get one regardless

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #57
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Finally!

a classic unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=9zHt0sAlBBg
Old 06-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #58
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so

i'll be buying the 2nd months box. I'll let you all know what i get. (Classic)
Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I might get the July box and see if I can film my bro and I unboxing it. I hope to meet up with him early August and it seems these boxes arrive near the end of the month so it should be fine, if a bit late.

I see the classic boxes come with more... 'all ages' stuff while the mixed or modern ones come with more childish things like the stickers and the puzzles. Guess it makes sense since kids watch the Nick show and you have to be at least 30 to remember the original show.

And also.... did they HAVE to put 2 sets of stickers and 2 puzzles? The only thing that there should ever be two of in a blind box are those awesome shirts.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 06-30-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #60
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
you have to be at least 30 to remember the original show.
What? That's ridiculous. I'm 24 & I grew up on the OT.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote