The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-16-2022, 01:17 AM   #4381
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The sheer idiocy of this website.

What the actual heck?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:21 AM   #4382
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Nothing better than to see a little kid totally love something you gave him.

Handmade a little plush ghost for my own nephew last year. Never made a plush before in my life, but far as I know has held up pretty well, albeit now wearing that "worn out a bit by a kid" look. He's always been into "monsters," but last year was a little wary over the idea of "ghosts" and I wanted to give him one that is friendly. It probably mostly hangs out in his room or whatnot now, which is fine, but he was quite attached to it for a long while and got to go to a bunch of places with them and made me happy to see. I even made up a little jar that was a mix of mini marshmallows and light green rock candy (ectoplasm of course!) as ghost food, safe for him to eat as well, and I think he mostly just kept it for the ghost.

edit: Still proud of making this little thing, so here's pics.
Awwww, that’s so sweet.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:24 PM   #4383
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The sheer idiocy of this website.

What the actual heck?

WHAT is that.

$99 each. May as well just cut to the chase and rob people directly. Though I see it's already "sold out." Were they ever actually for sale, or only very few available, because what better way to look popular than to make people think something sold out too quick.

Quote:
Some will be one-of-one’s (i.e. the only one in the world)
How? Are they immediately deleted from the computer they were made on and from the system that delivered it?

Quote:
“limited edition cards featur[ing] amazing ART of my Life & Career”
Yeah, he's definitely done all those things in that fan art, including being like Superman and going to space.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-16-2022 at 04:59 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:10 PM   #4384
Leo656
The Franchise

I went and got a haircut a couple weeks ago. My bangs were still too long, so I went in today for another trim and the guy didn't charge me. I still insisted on tipping him. Stuff like that is partly why I've been going to the same place for almost 25 years.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 07:12 PM   #4385
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quite a few things have made me happy recently

signed up for a kids book project, and hopefully, that will give me more art experience

while some physical health issues have been happening, I managed to successfully swallow pills for the first time (I usually just dissolve them, because I used to not like the texture of taking pills traditionally, but this time I managed to successfully take two of my iron meds)

got back into a cartoon from my childhood and it ended up with me having some realizations about the positive impact it has had on me over the years

and I'm just improving generally when it comes to looking after myself, managing my stress levels, sorting deadlines and trying to overthink less.
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 11:20 PM   #4386
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTurtledude View Post
I managed to successfully swallow pills for the first time
Kudos, from someone else who has always had trouble.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:35 PM   #4387
Roseangelo
Emperor

Exchanged Christmas presents with one of my favorite people.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:50 AM   #4388
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

My brother, who’s in the Air Force, coming home for Christmas.

Having a white Christmas for the first time in years.

Getting gifts.
Old 12-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #4389
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, lucky. No white Christmas here, and rarely do, we'd only gotten rain.

But on the other hand, I'm happy that I don't have to worry about the roads or go clean any of it off my soft top vehicle in these ridiculous cold temps or deal with it Monday... so technically a win.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:23 PM   #4390
Roseangelo
Emperor

Spent Christmas alone, but not lonely. It's an important difference that I'm appreciating right now.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 10:36 PM   #4391
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Spent Christmas alone, but not lonely. It's an important difference that I'm appreciating right now.
That's really good, Rose.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #4392
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ooph, post-holiday work done, thank goodness. Already ended up in "%#^& this, burn the world down" mode by yesterday evening, so am grateful it was the last of them to tackle and just the small accounts to hit up today.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:01 PM   #4393
Storm Eagle
Saved by

My year isn't really off to a good start, but I received some good news on when the movie Sidekicks would be getting a 4K release that also comes with a Blu-ray copy. It hasn't even been released on DVD in North America. So I might get it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 01:15 PM   #4394
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw my nephew's drama group do The Lion King Jr. this afternoon. Knew he was supposedly going to play one of the hyenas, but being a 6-year-old goober and the youngest of the bunch who is still getting the hang of keeping focused, etc, I figured they probably made him Ed. Nope. They made him Shenzi, and had way more lines than I expected, far more than his last two experiences putting on a show, and the kid did great!
Old 01-11-2023, 09:26 PM   #4395
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:09 PM   #4396
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ran to Target to check on any chance in hell they might have those big classic TMNT figures. If not, well, I DID also have a properly adult reason of hoping they might have restocked their bags of fruit... hopefully the little oranges, and maybe the rarely available pears? Was there a couple days ago and all they had were bags of apples and more apples. Meh. (I do like apples, but dislike the skin and honestly not feeling any motivation to spend time peeling them.)

So the happy maker... Holy crap I won 3 for 3. Leo figure, oranges, AND the pears.

What gives, Universe? Too often Target doesn't have what I'm after, so is Thursday the 12th increased luck to offset its sibling Friday the 13th? I'd almost be willing to believe it. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-12-2023 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:16 PM   #4397
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well I couldn't stand it, I went and found myself an original giant Leo (via eBay) to go with the smaller remake.

Wish he was a little cheaper, but looks like he's in really nice condition and was still a decent amount cheaper than others on there that have more wear and tear. No belt, like most, but it's such a simple design I'm just going to make him a new one! Preferably with real leather if I already have or can find some thin stuff that's dyed black.

1/19 -- Order from China took 12 days from date orderd, ordered 4 small pieces, still got the one they were supposedly out of and canceled, and got a bracelet as a freebie. What world is this? lol I was ordering a few little trinkets for Easter gifts and did so now expecting it to take the usual month or more. Didn't even know it COULD be that fast. lol Guess that seller is going in my faves list.

1/21 -- More of a positive sort of "wait, what?" than a happy maker, but... long, long ago, in a decade that doesn't feel all that far away, way back before Facebook and the like, I'd run across a guy online distantly related and living in some other country and briefly exchanged messages with this distant cousin. Both of us high schoolers at the time, think he was maybe a year older. Bring Facebook along years later and my mom had friended him, still seeing what he was up to as he was getting involved in community stuff, then local office and the like... (Also because she's nosy.) Now it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that the kid I'd simply said a brief "hi cousin!" to is apparently becoming prime minister of his country! Boggles the mind a little. lol

1/23 -- The '89 giant Leo is here! In amazingly good shape, so glad I was able to hunt this one down. Now to see about making a new belt for him.

2/1 -- Omg snow does still exist here. Didn't get a single flake in January, but woke up (unintentionally) a little before 5am this morning and we had a dusting of it. Most of it gone by morning though.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-01-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2023, 05:46 PM   #4398
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

As if owls weren't cute enough already, today I learned that some owls make cat-like noises...

Hoot hoot...meow... (Audio is really low on this one)

Impersonating one of those more raspier-voiced cats...

Can't forget little kitten owls.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:51 PM   #4399
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Neeeeat. Pretty sure we just saw a couple osprey helicopters/planes (which are they?) go through.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:17 AM   #4400
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Celine Dion 55
Chris Walken 80

birthdays.......
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote