The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #61
Galactus
Foot Elite

I doubt she will even be a permanent part of the IDW turtles-verse. It's built into the concept of her character that she can become human again. Even if the creators have zero intention of de-mutating her if her popularity dips she could easily be independent of the male turtles. Even with the turtles bringing her into the family she has more in common with extended family members like April and Casey than long lost 'sister' Venus and can easily be written out of the core cast. I expect we're in for the long haul with Jennika though and wouldn't be surprised if she turned up in other versions of the TMNT.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #62
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I say "it depends". Characters can come and go if they aren't part of the core cast. Like we usually expect April to always be there. But Bishop can come and go. So characters like Jennika and Old Hob could come and go and be semi recurring depending on who the current person in charge thinks they can utilize the character.

There is a big difference between "This character might return or cameo in a future version." Vs "They are here forever." Really any character who has been invented for TMNT has the possibility of coming back. It's all up to the whims of the creator in charge.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #63
bgb1018
Foot Soldier

As long as Sophie Campbell is taking the lead on writing, Jennika is 100% staying, which is fine with me. Sophie has been writing her own personal TMNT comic with Jennika (under a different name) as the 5th turtle that has always been partner the group. I like the idea of their being a 5th turtle, especially one that could potentially go back to being human down the road. And if not, thats fine too. Having her in the group doesn't take hurt the series at all.

My only hope is that if she is a staple moving forward, I dont want her to be a focus more times than not like she is now. In the current arc of the ongoing it makes sense to showcase her more since she's newly mutated and still coming to terms with it. But in later arcs, I'd really like to see a more equal focus on all 5 of them.

Other than that, I think she's a good addition to the series/turtles. I have faith they'll do right by it.
bgb1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:29 AM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

If IDW TMNT goes on to issue 150, of course she'll still be around. There's no real way to write her out.

However if IDW TMNT goes on to issue 200 or so, then we might see less of her, or her go on a journey of self-discovery where she's "written out" for a long period of time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #65
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If IDW TMNT goes on to issue 150, of course she'll still be around. There's no real way to write her out.

However if IDW TMNT goes on to issue 200 or so, then we might see less of her, or her go on a journey of self-discovery where she's "written out" for a long period of time.
She could be demutated. She could be killed. She could sacrifice herself. So many ways to write her out... I expect if she does leave, it'll be in one of the major milestone issues (125, 150, 175, 200, etc).
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Eh, if Jennika was to die they'd just have Karai impaling her be fatal. I knew the moment they saved her and she got mutated into a Turtle she'd be around for the long haul. You don't introduce a female Turtle just to drop it, you try to make it stick for awhile.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #67
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Eh, if Jennika was to die they'd just have Karai impaling her be fatal. I knew the moment they saved her and she got mutated into a Turtle she'd be around for the long haul. You don't introduce a female Turtle just to drop it, you try to make it stick for awhile.
Which is what they're doing. But it might not work out in the long run. Her death at that point would have had very little impact compared to her death now, after being mutated and integrated into the clan.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #68
neatoman
Emperor

There is ALWAYS a way to write character out. That's not to say it's always a good idea or could be done elegantly, but if you dared me to, I could pitch ten ways of writing Jennika out of the series in the next few issues if you'd like.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote