The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-09-2020, 12:31 AM   #3661
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Took almost 4 months but my order from Pakistan finally got here.

Brother-in-law's birthday. The "inspection and retrieval" tool set I gave him was a more perfect gift than I had known. Had gotten it months ago and put it away. Turns out he'd had a similar set before, but it had been in the truck when it was stolen and the thieves took it.
Well that's very serendipitous.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #3662
Leo656
The Franchise

Spent FIVE f*cking hours today unpacking, cleaning, and re-packing most of my old toy vehicles. I set 'em out in the sun, sprayed 'em down with a mix of Oxy-Clean and Fantastik All-Purpose, let 'em sit, splashed some water on 'em, gave each of 'em a good toothbrush-scrubbing, sprayed 'em hard with the hose and then wiped 'em down with a clean dry rag before wrapping them in paper and re-packing them in plastic totes instead of the musty old cardboard boxes they've been in for the past decade-plus. Most of these things haven't been so clean since they came out of the box 30-odd years ago! Although several are in various states of disrepair, but them's the breaks I guess. MOST of them are still in decent shape.

Found my Turtle Van - the tab that keeps the side door shut broke off long ago but otherwise it's in great shape! - a bunch of my Ghostbusters vehicles and most of my He-Man ones. It was a lot of work but it was great to see stuff that I haven't looked at in at least 10 years, some of it even longer.

I have one more box of them to go through but I did enough for today.

EDIT: I forgot... my vintage Stratos came in the mail today! ONE MORE for the Good Guys!

Last edited by Leo656; 09-14-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #3663
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

More of an LOL maker...

When people use odd, conflicting font choices. Such as what I'm pretty sure is a horror font on an info page that is not at all horror related. Looks like it should be the title of a horror novel.

Spoiler:

Had to open up the good old Photoshop as I knew I recognized it as a font of I have. Yup. It's a horror font named Chiller.

Dang it... wanted to include a screen shot, but imgur is being a little you know what and giving me an error accessing my albums today, so... there's just the direct header from the page at least, just not as impactful minus the totally not horror info beneath it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #3664
Leo656
The Franchise

Zodac showed up in the mail today! Another long-needed MOTU character I somehow never had. Most of what I need now are replacements for broken guys or ones missing parts.

Most of the guys in the final, sixth Wave are about $300+ loose, so I'm gonna have to pass on most of those. I can get a couple of them like Blade, Gwildor, and Sssqueeze but the rest are just too much. I guess you can't have everything, and most of the Wave 6 guys aren't really popular or essential anyway. I can live without Mosquitor, I guess.

My "new" Fisto is on the way, and after that I think I'll get Rattlor, probably. Mine broke forever ago.

Old 09-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #3665
Leo656
The Franchise

Our dog Riley and the neighbor's German Shepherd apparently have a "thing".

Every couple of days or so she'll come up to the fence and bark until he shows himself. When he goes over to the fence they start jumping around barking and wagging until he eventually gets bored and walks away. Lately she gets sad whenever he leaves and sits there waiting until he comes back. They'll do this three or four times in a cycle until she finally takes off. But today when he left she laid down in the grass by the fence and just watched him roam around the yard and wouldn't move, until finally she looked at me like "Will you go get him already?" So I brought him back over and she got all excited again, and then after a while he got bored again and left and then she laid down in the grass again watching him, until my wife brought him back over and they had another "conversation." Then my wife gave both of them a treat and she eventually went home. I just wasn't expecting her to lay around waiting for him to come back, it was adorable.

She comes over to see him every couple of days. I didn't have my camera on me today but these were from last week. It's funny watching them run around on account of she's like twice his size.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's so funny, even if he's in the house when she shows up she just barks until he comes out, and if one of us is outside she yells at us to go get him. I don't even know her name, I don't know those neighbors.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:04 PM   #3666
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Too funny and cute.

Reminds me of one of our cats years ago. He and the girl cat two doors down had a thing for a bit, until we lost him far too young. She even came to our door a few times looking for him and mom once found them curled up asleep together in the flowerbed. (She slipped out of the house and showed up at our door one night after we lost him. How do you tell a cat that her friend is gone? )

Did this dog know yours before he disappeared for a while? Feel bad for her if she was sitting around missing him. Sounds like she'd be happy to track him down though if he ever tried to do it again.

LOL maker... Googled Turtle face masks and this one from RedBubble came up. Okay, who did this? You are a twisted person. I am somewhere half way between horrified and can't stop laughing.

Spoiler:
Omg the giant teeth. LOL!

Old 09-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #3667
Leo656
The Franchise

Nah, she's new I think. If she lived back there I don't think they met until recently.

I am very happy today because my epic new Batcave playset came in the mail. I posted about it in the appropriate places but I really can't get over it. We also filmed a video about it that'll be up at some indeterminate point in the future.

It's so damn awesome.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #3668
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

First test of the auto trackers I got for me and mom and worked out well and easy to use (the app/online site), so quite happy with them.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #3669
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Found this VHS tape at a flea market for $1.00. Why does that matter? I had it when I was a wee Jester.
Spoiler:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #3670
Leo656
The Franchise

The replacement armor for my Zodac came today, as did a few more figures I ordered. Sweet!

Old 09-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #3671
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Visited the Halloween store my bother-in-law is working at and even though Halloween is kind of a bust this year -- And a rare Saturday, of course, how dare you 2020! -- and I can't really wear it much anyhow, what with the glasses... I still at least got the one thing I wanted this year: a plague doctor mask. And of course because of this year.

If that (and gas mask themes) isn't a common costume this year for those who do dress up I'll be surprised.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:34 PM   #3672
Leo656
The Franchise

It was a pretty good Birthday, all things considered.

For one thing my wife gave me all kinds'a weed and CBD and I'unno what the actual F*ck it is but I've been on f*cking Mars for like most of it. So that got everything started really well.

It's like Hulk Hogan always said: "A day without smoking pot is like a day without sunshine, brother." He never said it on TV, but it's pretty much well-known to be his "Real Life" catchphrase. That's awesome.

Anyways, I got some cool sh*t. A bunch of action figures I needed and some video games. The replacement stickers I ordered for my vintage Ram Man's wristbands came in the mail; there was this big box packed full of bubble wrap and inside was a thin plastic envelope baggie with a single-sheet of stickers inside. Gotta love it.

We tried a new Chinese place, on account of I'd rather breathe wontons than oxygen, and it turned out pretty well. There was a smoking hot brunette in a thin white tanktop out walking her dog across the street from the place while we were waiting for our order, so that was a fun bonus, on account of she had big cans.

The Chinese place technically did screw up part of my order, but it's not the first time that happened. I specifically asked for two large orders of House Special Soup - the stuff with the chicken and beef and broccoli and shrimp and mushrooms and all'a that sh*t thrown in there - along with sixteen wontons for me to add to the soup at my leisure, which I prefer to do in groups of four. But instead they just gave me two large orders of wonton soup. So I got my 16 wontons for soup but I didn't get any of the vegetables or baby shrimp which I crave so very much. Luckily, they were incredible wontons, so no harm no foul. It's just that I was really counting on that broccoli to help grease the pipes on account of the wontons and the 10 fried chicken wings I had. I'm gonna need like three cups of coffee tomorrow before I can even walk. Ooof. Anyway, yeah, they made a mistake but I forgive them. If the wontons sucked I'd be mad. Some places do crummy wontons. When you find a good place, you gotta hold onto that sh*t.

My wife and I also f*cked but that's none'a your goddamn business.

So anyways, yeah, altogether not a bad Birthday at all. Everything worked out well. Last year I got a He-Man sword, but this year I didn't spend the first 17 hours of it in jail. So I think I came out ahead!

My wife also came in first place in some contest and won a whole ounce of CBD. That has nothing directly to do with me but I will end up benefiting from it long-term, so I'm counting it.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #3673
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Gave a home to a neat lamp I had seen on clearance at Walmart the other day. Got a "vintage" style light bulb at Home Depot and went back to see if the lamp was still there. It's now a Halloween decoration. Missing a part so the glass shade is detached, but still present and in one piece, so it itself is now a dome for a fake black widow spider in the display I set up.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #3674
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

My Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2 Poster I used points to get from Disney Movie Insiders came today. It looks amazing. Gonna hang it up Tuesday
Old 10-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #3675
Leo656
The Franchise

My "Nightmare on Elm Street" Blu-ray box set came today, two days earlier than expected!

The replacement stickers for my Kenner Ecto-1A finally came as well. Sweet!

Old 10-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #3676
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nice, I also got something two days sooner. Guy delivering for Amazon pulled up just after I'd pulled into the driveway after work.

Got my awesome RGB flood light for Halloween (and anything else I might use it for). 15 colors plus reg white light, color changing strobe, 2-speed fade options, dim/brightness adjust options... pretty cool for the price!

And a cute kid/folk story book (The Magic Fish) from my save list, because I needed something else to reach the free shipping. If ya gotta pay for the shipping otherwise, may as well get something for that cash instead!

10/9 -- Jeep Christmas ornament from Michael's craft store.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-09-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:25 PM   #3677
Leo656
The Franchise

First three rows for tomorrow in Colts Neck are sold out. Over 120 pre-sale tickets and we might have near 200 sold when all is said and done. Which for an outdoor show in the current circumstances is huge.

"Card subject to change" but if whispers are true I might end up in the main event Championship scramble. I never believe anything until it happens... but we'll see what happens.

Wish I wasn't a goddamn nervous wreck. But again... we'll see what happens.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:28 PM   #3678
IMJ
Emperor

Out ran a 2019 Z06 today in a helluva race, so that was pretty awesome.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #3679
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Finally finished my short film that I've been working on for the past 6 and a half months.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:27 AM   #3680
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well, it was last week, buuut- I got some good news last Tuesday. I just got a raise, from 8.75 to 10.50$! It is the biggest raise I've had since I started working there, and is very fortuitous, since my rent is about to go up another 30$ a month. I had originally been told it was going up to 9.50, but then the manager said she was bumping it up again. And as a side-"bonus", I also was employee of the month, so that was cool.

The only possible down side is that I miiight have just priced us out of our apartment. The new raise puts our income over the limit where we live, but hubster is going to see if the new rent might change that, or if there is a way to work it to stay there. So keeping fingers crossed there.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote