The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Full House To Return

TGIF classic family sitcom 1987-1995 is in the early stages of devleopment of setting up a sequel. Its said to revolve around both DJ and Stephanie, hope it will not be like the ill fated Brady Brides but having grown up with the series and watching it in syndication to this day I am excited at the possibilty of what awaits. At times people were not all on board speciifcally Saget wanting to go back to his roots and Stamos's typecast fear. Stamos is much more interested these days and the only holdout might be the world of fashion beckoning the Oslen twins specically the edgier Mary Kate. I do wonder if its related to the Boys Meets World sequel that also has such a fan following and a cotemporary series of the TGIF same lineup. Its just in the pre-production stage but hope it goes full speed ahead. Thoughts?
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/full-house-...163700032.html

Thoer links to the info if it does not work above.
http://perezhilton.com/2013-11-04-fu...-jeff-franklin

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 11-04-2013 at 03:34 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I really hope this is true, as I LOVE Full House...but considering how little information there is, I can't be sure if this is gonna really happen or not.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

First we get the Boy Meets World sequel and now Full House with Stephanie and DJ?!

I have heard over the years that Candace would be up to doing this...and Im sure Jodie would as well. I know the cast have always kept in touch and often do stuff together.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ugh, what's next? Saved by the bell 2? The Fresh prince of bel-air the sequel?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

As a fan of Full House; I think it could really work. The only people I'm sure you won't see is the Olsen twins.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
As a fan of Full House; I think it could really work. The only people I'm sure you won't see is the Olsen twins.
I think Ashley Olsen would be up for a brief appearance. She unlike Mary Kate no longer acts however is the more willing to interact with fans and the Full House family. So if she can find time in her executive fashion duties and get Mary Kate's blessing I think Michelle will not be out of the question.

I would feel more comfortable if we get a report that both Candace and Jodi signed contracts. There was a statement that Vince Vaughn was set to produce a Brady Bunch follow up featuring Bobby's blended family back in late July 2012 but have not heard any more of it. Doubt it would interest me unlike this but its nice to know we got a chance of a follow up. I really wanted a tv movie reunion to fix the Danny/Vickie romance like Return To Mayberry fixed the Barney/Thelma Lou romance. Maybe I can get my wish if this get get into development. Fingers crossed. Hope it will go the way of Boy Mets World rather than the Brady Bunch follow ups.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
TGIF classic family sitcom 1987-1995 is in the early stages of devleopment of setting up a sequel. Its said to revolve around both DJ and Stephanie, hope it will not be like the ill fated Brady Brides but having grown up with the series and watching it in syndication to this day I am excited at the possibilty of what awaits. At times people were not all on board speciifcally Saget wanting to go back to his roots and Stamos's typecast fear. Stamos is much more interested these days and the only holdout might be the world of fashion beckoning the Oslen twins specically the edgier Mary Kate. I do wonder if its related to the Boys Meets World sequel that also has such a fan following and a cotemporary series of the TGIF same lineup. Its just in the pre-production stage but hope it goes full speed ahead. Thoughts?
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/full-house-...163700032.html
Hmm, Link not working, I get the page not found screen. But I found a cached version of the page here.

However I found the source of the story here.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 11-04-2013 at 03:29 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ugh, what's next? Saved by the bell 2?
Hasn't that already happened two or three times? They tried to continue on with Saved by the Bell: The College Years which was very much short lived. Then, there was Saved by the Bell: The New Class which still had Mr. Belding and Screech returned later.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I found out why it did not work Tigerclaw, apparantly it was a rumor that ABC had picked up and spread to other sources. Dammit, I was looking foreard ot see a show I grew up with in a new light and fixing loose ends.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/f...ids-8C11528034
Old 11-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I found out why it did not work Tigerclaw, apparantly it was a rumor that ABC had picked up and spread to other sources. Dammit, I was looking foreard ot see a show I grew up with in a new light and fixing loose ends.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/f...ids-8C11528034
Ah, It was an April Fools joke.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Ah, It was an April Fools joke.
Considering valid sources picked it up and the cast is crazy about each other reuninted about three to four times a year it seemed legit. Not to mention this is Novemeber 4th not April 1st. I do think something will get into the works due to all the private reunions they have.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Even with this being a hoax, it sure makes sense it would be believable, considering how Hollywood sure is milking this 80s nostalgia wave. I mean in the past few years there's been reboots, or news of reboots of: Dallas (2012 TV series), 90210 (2008 TV series) (early 90s but still close enough), Murder, She Wrote, Knight Rider (2008 series), RoboCop (2014 film). The Karate Kid (2010), Nightmare on Elm Street (2010), 21 Jump Street (2012), Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps (2010), Footloose (2011), Clash of the Titans (2010), The A-Team (2010 film), Tron: Legacy (2010, sequel to the 1982 film)...

Shall I really go on...?

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 11-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Hmmm....maybe.

Although:

For years I said Family Matters should get a sequel series following the family of the married Laura and Steve. To make it easier on Jaleel, I saw married life kinda "mellowing out" Steve making him more "normal" allowing him to not have to do the freakin' Urkle voice. I mean a series where we see Urkel's kids practically writes itself.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hmmm....maybe.

Although:

For years I said Family Matters should get a sequel series following the family of the married Laura and Steve. To make it easier on Jallel, I saw married life kinda "mellowing out" Steve making him more "normal" allowing him to not have to do the freakin' Urkle voice. I mean a series where we see Urkel's kids practically writes itself.
I don't know. I watched it during its original run in elementary school, but cannot being myself to watch it once it went into syndication. Its something that does not hold up with me. Full House is beleiveable because of their close relationships. I don't know about the relationships of Jalel White and gang. I know the actress who played Harriett finally had enough of the show's refocus to the point of recasting the last several episodes. I admit to calling it The Steve Urkel show around age 8-9 so I guess that proves her point. No one complianed when the Crappy Days post-Richie( it was Happy Days with Richie) focused on Fonzie the superhuman though.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'll admit the sci-fi (and Urkle) focus later in the series was a bit weird, but I think it's something a sequel series could remove in favor of standard family sitcom stuff.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'll admit the sci-fi (and Urkle) focus later in the series was a bit weird, but I think it's something a sequel series could remove in favor of standard family sitcom stuff.
Maybe. It will take a cast warm to each other like the FH cast and not be too busy with other projects, a stable of fans already into the idea, and a smart tv executive to put together a workable premise that the studio and cast can appreciate.

I feel like the family sitcom died with TGIF in favor of adult sitcoms. It was the staple of televsion for decades now its just Disney live action as the only remotely family sitcoms out there since the mid-late 90s'. I really hope that changes. I am not asking for another I Love Lucy or even something like Full House but something on the main four to five networks that is a successful family sitcom.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

F*ck Urkel, GOD I hope we never see a spin-off for that sh*t. I think the entire world had enough of f*cking Urkel about 4 seasons before the show was cancelled.

As for Full House, I always loved that show and could be behind a follow-up, but it'd be kind of sad in a way, too. Aside from Stamos, who was a legitimately talented actor and musician and was therefore going to be successful no matter what he did (as his stints on E.R., etc., would prove), literally nobody else in the cast has done anything important in the entertainment industry in 20 years. Even Sagat's claim to "fame" these days is pretending (?) to be a washed-up burnt-out drug addict. A spin-off/reunion show could risk becoming a very sad, depressing, "Look! None of us have ever moved on from this show!" kind of thing.

As for the Olsens, f*ck them, too. I can't stand them. I can't stand how they somehow are considered "Icons" in the fashion industry, despite dressing like homeless people. I can't stand how Mary Kate more than likely had some involvement in Heath Ledger's death, but got out of testifying simply by crying a lot (Ever see the photos from when she got served a summons on the streets of NYC, where she immediately breaks into a full-blown crying fit? They're hilarious. She definitely knows more about what happened to Heath than she's telling, but she's rich, so we'll never ever know).

If they do a Full House reunion I'd hope they DON'T get involved. Sweetin's the hot one nowadays, anyway; they don't need Michelle.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

A reboot focusing on DJ and Stephanie?

Let's call it Two Pair.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Clever, very clever.

And totally agreed. They both turned out pretty nice.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #20
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ugh, what's next? Saved by the bell 2?
There was Saved By The Bell; The New Class. Dennis Haskins was still Belding & after the College Years flopped, Screech became his new assistant. Like BMW, it went from 1993-2000. Mr. Belding & Screech went 12 years (counting Good Morning Miss Bliss).

Mikey drums with nunchucks!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full house