The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #201
NitpickingMask
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai Samurai View Post

[*] Between Pizza Face, the mushrooms, and Ho Chin, the writers are getting really creative with their villains. I appreciate the variety.[/LIST]
Err as much as I like that movie, Ho Chan is exact same character as Lo Pan, so I don't know if you can call it creative when they are spoofing a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Except that Ho Chan sounds exactly like him, and anyone who's seen JCA and not BTILC will instantly imagine Wong.

Then again, a lot (if not all) of James Hong's performances sound the same. He just has one of those kinds of voices I guess.
So? He looks like Lo Pan, acts like Lo Pan, sounds like Lo Pan, Lo Pan has three minions called Rain Thunder and Storm wearing those straw hats things, his name sounds like Lo Pan, etc etc, clearly more common with Lo Pan

(Basically, yeah, you are right about that James Hong's performances sound the same. Duh. Hes not voice actor, hes actor, nobody would be interested in hearing him voice act if you couldn't recognize him)
NitpickingMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #202
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Whoever came up with that full Wikipedia-like page of text, that would never even be readable in the course of the episode, possibly never assumed to ever really be read or looked at closely by anyone, and yet it is an actual story/history and not simple small print nonsense to fill space... that is the kind of detail I have to admire, I salute you and your team.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #203
NitpickingMask
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Whoever came up with that full Wikipedia-like page of text, that would never even be readable in the course of the episode, possibly never assumed to ever really be read or looked at closely by anyone, and yet it is an actual story/history and not simple small print nonsense to fill space... that is the kind of detail I have to admire, I salute you and your team.
I would assume they did assume someone would pause video and read it and get few chuckles out of it <_< Since you know, recordings and such things ARE invented
NitpickingMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #204
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Perhaps Nick assumes... Though not everyone is going to go into that deep of meticulous detail on small stuff like that. I applaud it, but in terms of some of the environment/prop work I've done it would not be good use of my time when I've got more to be working on, though Nick has the advantage of a large team to afford to have someone spend time writing it up.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #205
Powder
So tired of this place

I know I sure did. Paused on my first viewing & soaked it all in. Was disappointed when Donnie scrolled down & the text repeated.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #206
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Was disappointed when Donnie scrolled down & the text repeated.
lol Ok, that's kinda more what I'd expect, still a nice write up though.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #207
THGhost
Puppet Master

Did it repeat though? I couldn't read all of it because it made my eyes hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitpickingMask View Post
So? He looks like Lo Pan, acts like Lo Pan, sounds like Lo Pan, Lo Pan has three minions called Rain Thunder and Storm wearing those straw hats things, his name sounds like Lo Pan, etc etc, clearly more common with Lo Pan )
All irrelevant if you haven't seen BTILC, which I will watch very soon though.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #208
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Did it repeat though? I couldn't read all of it because it made my eyes hurt.

All irrelevant if you haven't seen BTILC, which I will watch very soon though.
I've never seen this or Jackie Chan Adventures. I remember when JCA started how I wanted to see it but couldn't because my area didn't get the WB.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #209
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitpickingMask View Post
I would assume they did assume someone would pause video and read it and get few chuckles out of it <_< Since you know, recordings and such things ARE invented
I actually did plan to do that. LOL.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #210
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That's one awesome web page, and they really put effort in the article and all. No wonder Ho Chan is so bitter. He wants to be human to get revenge on people. I have a feeling he will be back and will seek revenge on the Turtles when he does. It's kind of ironic that he stepped on a turtle and then cursed said turtle.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #211
Karai Samurai
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Err as much as I like that movie, Ho Chan is exact same character as Lo Pan, so I don't know if you can call it creative when they are spoofing a movie
Good point. I never watched "Big Trouble in Little China" (a bit before my time...) so I didn't recognize this. Even then, I'm happy that we have a new villain that isn't a mutant. There are way too many mutants as there is.

Karai Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #212
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I hope Ho Chan returns.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #213
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
This is one of the times that I agree. I actually thought the ghost guy was cool, and this episode didn't have the irritating feel like the Pizzaface episode or bore me like the Malachi one. Maybe they should send a few scary ghosts over to Shredder's lair, I'd love to see all of his baddies crap themselves in horror.

I hope they have more movie spoofs in the future
Yeah MW, I was hoping the same about the ghostly characters. When he mentioned finding himself a lair, I was thinking he was going to crash at Shredder's. Ah well. Maybe when he returns, he'll team up with the Foot. I can't wait to see Shredder's reaction if they ever meet. Not a bad filler episode, but not one of my favs. I liked the new villain and hope to see him again, but now I'm ready to get back to the main story arc of s2.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #214
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai Samurai View Post
Good point. I never watched "Big Trouble in Little China" (a bit before my time...) so I didn't recognize this. Even then, I'm happy that we have a new villain that isn't a mutant. There are way too many mutants as there is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I hope Ho Chan returns.
As do I, he was a breath of fresh air.

Quote:
I've never seen this or Jackie Chan Adventures. I remember when JCA started how I wanted to see it but couldn't because my area didn't get the WB.
I highly recommend it, if you can find it. It's not exactly available in its entirety by legal means.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #215
victory_angel
Foot Elite

According to that Wikipage Donnie and Casey were looking at, it said Ho Chan did have a penchant for cursing stuff. Such as for example he gained his "Enlightenment" by tripping over a small but very dense Turtle, rolling down a steep hill and hitting his head on a small but dense rock. And then proceeded to throw said rock and the Turtle and curse to roll down hills forever.

And later a kind hearted man gives him his turban, but after trying it on Ho Chan didn't like how it made his head look small and cursed the kind hearted man so he would be sunburned all over his body forever

Perhaps if he returns, he would be coming back with the intent of cursing Casey and Donnie for their part in his defeat. Technically he would want to curse April as well as she is the person who traps him in that dagger again, but as a he needs April in order to become human he can't really curse her.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #216
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Yeah MW, I was hoping the same about the ghostly characters. When he mentioned finding himself a lair, I was thinking he was going to crash at Shredder's. Ah well. Maybe when he returns, he'll team up with the Foot. I can't wait to see Shredder's reaction if they ever meet. Not a bad filler episode, but not one of my favs. I liked the new villain and hope to see him again, but now I'm ready to get back to the main story arc of s2.
That would have been cool if he tried to take over Shredder's lair, because we rarely get to see Shredder doing stuff unless it's directly involving the Turtles or Splinter. I would even say that this would have been even better if they had gone this route, and even made it only be between the Foot and the ghost, so that we got to see how the Foot deals with things. I'd be surprised if they never got to deal with weirdness, and it's only the Turtles that run into this stuff.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #217
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
I hope Ho Chan returns.
Add him to the long list of characters that need to return.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #218
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I hope Ho Chan returns.
Just throwing the dagger off the pier, surely a return is inevitable.

Could take inspiration from hurricanes Irene and Sandy and have a storm-related episode that washes the dagger back onto land. (Threat of lair flooding, Turtles and Splinter camp out at April's place...)
Old 09-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #219
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Just throwing the dagger off the pier, surely a return is inevitable.

Could take inspiration from hurricanes Irene and Sandy and have a storm-related episode that washes the dagger back onto land. (Threat of lair flooding, Turtles and Splinter camp out at April's place...)
Yeah, I don't think we seen the last of him. Surely someone is bound to find the dagger underwater, one of those Deep Sea Divers could probably find the Dagger and take it back to the surface.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #220
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ho Chan pretty much said he'd return as Donnie was throwing the dagger into the river, so you can bet he'll be back for sure.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote