The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

What do you guys think of the human villains(non-shredder related)?

I'm talking about the gangsters, mad scientists, and greedy rich men who tried to take on the turtles and failed. It's nice they gave Shredder and Krang a break and allowed the non-super villains run the show.

edit - it kinda shows you that shredder and Krang are not the only villains in the turtleverse.

Last edited by TurtleFan2012; 01-24-2013 at 01:23 PM.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I always found the mad scientists fascinating, though after a little while it got repetitive! They always had some beef with society for whatever reason, like the dude who was too short to be in the navy, so he created a minitaurizing ray to shrink boats.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 01-25-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The Rat King is my second favorite villain after The Shredder. He was crazy and mysterious with a dark edge. I hope to see something close to the '87 cartoon in the future. He shined the best there. It just lacked an origin and the only time we got one was a bizarre belated one in Mirage Comics. A character that can be great if used well and I hope reflects the '87 cartoon opposed to a clone or a zombie.

Big Louie,I have little interest in mob bosses and mad scientist,but Big Louie was a fun and threatening Godfather sterotype I always though could have been expanded on in a more serious manner if he would appear elsewhere. A character with a lot of untapped potential. I hae a couple ideas of my own that involve him,but I hope he is used again.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Big Louie, Pinky Mcfingers and Don Turtelli are some of the best characters of the show. I loved them everytime they appeared.

I also liked Baxter when he was human too, he was a bit more unique than black Baxter in all other incarnations.

Rat King, Lotus Blossom, and Shreeka (I know she's an alien, but she looks human) were also great.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
Icebot
Foot Elite

I liked Alex Winter (Megavolt) from State of Shock and his ninjas. It was almost like having Shredder and human foot soldiers. The Rat King was also an interesting villain.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Swatter was like David Wise making fun of anime/comic book nerds.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Big Louie, Pinky Mcfingers and Don Turtelli are some of the best characters of the show. I loved them everytime they appeared.

I also liked Baxter when he was human too, he was a bit more unique than black Baxter in all other incarnations.

Rat King, Lotus Blossom, and Shreeka (I know she's an alien, but she looks human) were also great.
I find it humorous that the gangsters and mad scientists were voiced by the turtle crew lol. You would hear Peter Renaday, Clam Clarke, Rob Paulson, and even Barry Gordon's voices whenever they speak. I guess Wolf wanted to save some money

Anyone remember "Mad Dog", the crook who used a dog-theme gimmick to commit crimes?
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Huh, I didn't think that was an option. I thought this thread was about the non-regular mad scientists, and human Baxter was a regular for a while.

Well, then, of course I like 'im.

You can take or leave the rest of the mad scientists and gangsters. It's usually very hard for me to get attached to extremely minor characters, though there are exceptions in other fandoms.

Barney Stockman was fun, though. He's a lazy idea which lazy jokes are told with, but his personality is different from Baxter, which is actually the funniest part.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
You can take or leave the rest of the mad scientists and gangsters. It's usually very hard for me to get attached to extremely minor characters, though there are exceptions in other fandoms.
I dunno, some of my favorite characters in the show were ones who only ever appeared in 1 episode, like Shredder's mother.

That being said I enjoyed Shredder's Mother and his brother too.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
zkarlette
Fashionably late

I think Hun and Bishop where pretty cool.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I dunno, some of my favorite characters in the show were ones who only ever appeared in 1 episode, like Shredder's mother.

That being said I enjoyed Shredder's Mother and his brother too.
Hey, I said "for me".

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its always interesting to me that they created more human villains than mutant villains in the OT.

I also liked Wally Airhead.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I hae a couple ideas of my own that involve him,but I hope he is used again.
You can always create fanfiction about it. I saw Jephael using him in a fanfic ("Reporters Never Quit) on his fansite. I really like the mob. Mutants and aliens shall also be around, but I prefer most, both friends and enemies, of the TMNT to be ordinary humans from Earth. Also think of Irma, Zack, Buffy Shellhammer, Kevin Tyler and Lotus Blossom they probably befriended more humans than mutants too.

If TMNT was sent in 1920's-1930's Chicago, he would probably been more used more often.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-26-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Human villains gan go a lot further to boosting the Turtles' reputation among the general public than the mutants, since they can provide the most evidence that the Turtles are heroes, and April never got criticized by Channel 6 for reporting the Turtles defeating human villains. My favorite is probably Don Turtelli just because he can be both funny and angry/stubborn, and the feather encounter still remains one of the most memorable moments of the OT.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
Overlord

Quote:
Its always interesting to me that they created more human villains than mutant villains in the OT.
Thanks for killing off a prejudice. The most overused plot was Krang and Shredder breaking into power stations, required to do so when the Technodrome needed fuel, not "Mutant of the Day/Week".
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Weirdo-Warrior
Foot Soldier

Apart from the Rat King, a fantastic villain, I found all the other assorted gangsters and mad scientists terribly lame. I wish they had given room for the other mutants and characters from the toy line and Archie comics in stead of wasting episodes that way.

Villians like Don Turtelli or Swatter gave me the same feeling when I was watching Masters Of The Universe and there was no Skeletor in the episode. No way!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #17
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior View Post
Apart from the Rat King, a fantastic villain, I found all the other assorted gangsters and mad scientists terribly lame. I wish they had given room for the other mutants and characters from the toy line and Archie comics in stead of wasting episodes that way.

Villians like Don Turtelli or Swatter gave me the same feeling when I was watching Masters Of The Universe and there was no Skeletor in the episode. No way!
They're not intended to have the same feeling.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

other than RatKing and Baxter and possiable one or two other ones I am forgetting to mention I thought most of the other villians stunk or were missed opertunities. **cough**Slash**cough**

I would have liked to see more of Tokka and Razar, too bad they only had one appearance.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo-Warrior View Post

Which toys did you want to have an episode?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Bill
Stone Warrior

There were good, although Shredder and Krang tried to get rid of them in Adventures in Turtle Sitting.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote