The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How exciting. Exciting, like I woke up in an alternate universe where we haven't had perfect emulators and ROMs for 19 years.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord

From this article, Star Fox 2 sounds like it will have quite a few similarities to Star Fox: Command on the DS:
Quote:
As originally conceived, it would have been very different from the first Star Fox. The sequel would have eschewed the level-by-level shoot 'em up gameplay of the original in favor of a more tactical experience. It was to have featured a map screen in which players would have piloted their Arwing around the Lylat System and engaged enemy forces as they made contact. The goal would have been to protect Lylat from interplanetary missiles while taking on various bosses, including Star Wolf.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/star...is-it-complete

Weird that even though I never finished the SNES original, Star Fox 2 is among the cancelled games I've most wanted to play.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:51 AM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
From this article, Star Fox 2 sounds like it will have quite a few similarities to Star Fox: Command on the DS:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/star...is-it-complete

Weird that even though I never finished the SNES original, Star Fox 2 is among the cancelled games I've most wanted to play.
a Star Fox 2 programmer was surprised, and thrill that the game is finally coming out.
http://kotaku.com/starfox-2-programm...ame-1796446311
Old 06-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really hope Starfox 2 gets a Virtual Console release separately from this. No way did Nintendo take an ancient game from 20 years ago and finally release it just to make it exclusive to a short-lived product.

It's really weird in general, to think Nintendo has a near completed SNES game from a mainstream Nintendo franchise like Starfox and they just sat on it and never released it for 20 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #45
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
a Star Fox 2 programmer was surprised, and thrill that the game is finally coming out.
http://kotaku.com/starfox-2-programm...ame-1796446311
Quote:
The frame rate might not be a smooth 60 fps, Cuthbert said, but he explained that Star Fox 2 changes with each play. “I hope people don’t think they cleared the game with just one playthrough! In that sense, it is a very unique game.”
Hmm.. also similar to Star Fox Command! Looking forward to this, whether on the SNES Classic or on a legal alternative venue.

View my sketch work!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #46
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I found out about this yesterday morning. Had me at Starfox 2. I remember being sad when this was cancelled at the time. Hope I can get one. A nice collector's item. There are also some good games there...even if I do own some of them in some form.

Hm, is it wrong that I'm more interested in this than the elusive Switch at this point?

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-28-2017 at 12:51 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:43 PM   #47
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hm, is it wrong that I'm more interested in this than the elusive Switch at this point?
Maybe wrong of Nintendo. When the rumors started about an SNES Classic, I straight up didn't believe it. The idea of producing one-off novelty hardware while they can't keep up with Switch demand sounded ridiculous. But, perhaps production is separate enough.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #48
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

At least people will be able to purchase Nintendo produced SNES style Wii/U classic controllers that are aren't obscenely priced Club Nintendo exclusives. I already have a softmodded Wii and some VC games, so that's something I'd like to have.

Am I the only one who doesn't like that these "Classic" systems are so small?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #49
wvfan
Random Punk

I want one but it will be murder to get just like the nes mini. Which I couldnt find I dont see them putting many out especially since the are suppose to be release some kind of program thats modeled like netflix on for games for the switch.

These mini systems to me seem to be their way of luring older gamers back to them. In hopes of getting them back in to games and selling a switch.
wvfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really hope Starfox 2 gets a Virtual Console release separately from this. No way did Nintendo take an ancient game from 20 years ago and finally release it just to make it exclusive to a short-lived product.

It's really weird in general, to think Nintendo has a near completed SNES game from a mainstream Nintendo franchise like Starfox and they just sat on it and never released it for 20 years.
I agree. And as curious I am about Star Fox 2, it is not a cherry on top of the cake type of deal to me at all.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #51
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I agree. And as curious I am about Star Fox 2, it is not a cherry on top of the cake type of deal to me at all.
It's explained here why games like it that used the Super FX chip haven't been on the Virtual Console. At the end of it, it makes it sound like there's hope, but I don't even know if I'd hold my breath.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba.../#ecb96371fe06
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #52
chrisdude
Foot Elite

StarFox 2 is such a weird move. Like, it's nice of them to put it on there, but they were going to sell every SNES Classic they produced, anyway. Putting it on there to sweeten the pot won't earn them any extra money, at all. At least on Virtual Console, it'd make money.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #53
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
StarFox 2 is such a weird move. Like, it's nice of them to put it on there, but they were going to sell every SNES Classic they produced, anyway. Putting it on there to sweeten the pot won't earn them any extra money, at all. At least on Virtual Console, it'd make money.
The article I posted explained why games like it weren't made available on the Virtual Console. But hey, it's Nintendo. So they're most likely just bullsh*tting, yes?
Old 07-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #54
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
The article I posted explained why games like it weren't made available on the Virtual Console. But hey, it's Nintendo. So they're most likely just bullsh*tting, yes?
Well, they said they didn't have to include the Super FX chip, so they may have just found a way to emulate it.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:44 PM   #55
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Well, they said they didn't have to include the Super FX chip, so they may have just found a way to emulate it.
Well I remembered that Yoshi's Island is available on the Wii U Virtual Console, although it's the GBA version.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #56
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Kinda stinks that the Super Famicom Mini doesn't include Mother 2 (Earthbound) though I can understand why. It's a more common game over there, so people can just buy the original cart or the virtual console version if they want to play it. And it seems like they got some more RPGs that are more popular over there, so it worked out in the end.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hey, the Super NES Classic went on sale at Wal-mart for about 10 minutes before the pre-orders sold out!

View my sketch work!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #58
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Now Walmart cancels some SNES Classic Edition pre-orders due to website error.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...nceled-walmart
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #59
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Now Walmart cancels some SNES Classic Edition pre-orders due to website error.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...nceled-walmart
Haha, shame on Wally-World Wide Web!

View my sketch work!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #60
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Who's Wally? Wal-Mart?