The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 07:58 PM   #501
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The film just passed the original box office total of The Empire Strikes Back here in North America. So, it will not hold the distinction of being the lowest-grossing Star Wars film in its first run in theaters. However, it will obviously never pass the lifetime total of any films in the near future.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#d55294653a4b
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #502
sdp
Megan Fox = April

B.O. numbers are a big fat lie though, they're not adjusted to inflation so that's the main reason top grossing movies keep happening every other year, without taking into account the cost of 3D movies, Imax etc that also inflate the price. If we went by tickets sold we'd get accurate numbers no matter how much time passed, and even then there's just more people on earth and these movies are distributed in other places that weren't before so it's not a fair measure of a movie being "better/more popular" than others in the past. If we took those into account I'm sure it wouldn't get close to the ESB.

It also wont be a the lowest grossing movie, why do people forget Clone Wars 2008? it was a theatrically released movie and for all intentions Lucas' first take on continuing with non-Episode Star Wars films.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:35 PM   #503
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
B.O. numbers are a big fat lie though, they're not adjusted to inflation so that's the main reason top grossing movies keep happening every other year, without taking into account the cost of 3D movies, Imax etc that also inflate the price.
There's also the tiny little thing about there being, I dunno, twice as many people on the planet since 1980 or whenever. That thing seems to be lost in most "let's retroactively adjust this movie for inflation."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:12 PM   #504
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

According to Kathleen Kennedy, the only reason Solo bombed was because Han Solo wasn't played by Harrison Ford:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kennedy...s-film-future/
Old 05-17-2022, 03:16 PM   #505
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
According to Kathleen Kennedy, the only reason Solo bombed was because Han Solo wasn't played by Harrison Ford:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/kennedy...s-film-future/
It flopped because it sucked.

Sorry. I know there's people here who loved the spin-offs. I am not one of those people. I think all of Disney's Star Wars (save for a few things here and there, though not the movies) missed the point of the franchise.

Oh, and I think Lord and Miller should've just done their movie. Would've been more fun than the pile of crap, I mean, uh, the feature film that we got instead.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:20 PM   #506
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
It flopped because it sucked.

Sorry. I know there's people here who loved the spin-offs. I am not one of those people. I think all of Disney's Star Wars (save for a few things here and there, though not the movies) missed the point of the franchise.

Oh, and I think Lord and Miller should've just done their movie. Would've been more fun than the pile of crap, I mean, uh, the feature film that we got instead.
There were "moments" of Rogue One I liked but it never really justified itself to me. Also, Solo had potential but it never quite felt particularly "important," it just felt like what you'd get if someone was hired to write an origin for Solo. Like, just going down a list of "here he meets Chewbacca, now time for the sabacc game with Lando, now the Kessel Run," etc.. But that's it. Nothing good has come out of the Disney Star Wars movies, only harm to the franchise.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #507
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There were "moments" of Rogue One I liked but it never really justified itself to me. Also, Solo had potential but it never quite felt particularly "important," it just felt like what you'd get if someone was hired to write an origin for Solo. Like, just going down a list of "here he meets Chewbacca, now time for the sabacc game with Lando, now the Kessel Run," etc.. But that's it. Nothing good has come out of the Disney Star Wars movies, only harm to the franchise.
All I'll say is that I disliked Rogue One and Solo. There's very few things in those movies I liked (and in Rogue One's case, it's mostly hypotheticals, not stuff actually in the movie). I'm just glad I didn't pay for any of the Disney Star Wars movies. Now I can die without regretting that I contributed actual money towards those turdbuckets-- I mean, motion pictures.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:41 PM   #508
CyberCubed
Overlord

No, the movie itself was kinda dull but recasting Harrison Ford took me out of it. Like even if they found a young actor who looked exactly like he did, it just wouldn't be the same.

You can't just recast roles like this. Either do it in animation/CG or don't do it at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story