The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Schedule of Rise.

So I just took a look at the episode list of Rise on Wikipedia and I noticed something odd. The first two full episodes after the pilot (Origami Tsunami, War and Pizza, Newsworthy, and a new segment, Donnie's Gifts) will air in quick succession on september 17 and 18. Then the next episode won't air until november 18.

What the hell? I know the last show had some long hiatuses but at least there weren't any two month delays in the first season, certainly not before the third episode. Who makes decisions like these?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

November? I hope that's just old incorrect (or possibly mixed country scheduling?) info that hasn't been edited.

If they just obsessively showed up those few episodes for two months... wow. lol Please don't.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Argh! Not again! They make all this hype about the new series debuting on September 17th and then they go away for two months?! C'mon, Nick! Don't do this again. Their stupid, inconsistent scheduling is what killed the last series' ratings.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Wikipedia is not to be trusted.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:40 PM   #5
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Unfortunately I will not be surprised if it gets this kind of schedule again. Ducktales went on like a 3 or 4 month hiatus and barely finished season 1 and Gravity Falls had a similar problem towards the end.

How any tv company thinks this type of scheduling is good is a legitimate mystery. It frustrates viewers and hurts any flow a show has.

Somebody who works in tv (preferably at Nick or Disney) really needs to explain the logic behind cutting up their own shows just to drag them into a year.

Seriously just post a video or article and explain this format to us. Can’t we at least get an explanation?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #6
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Somebody who works in tv (preferably at Nick or Disney) really needs to explain the logic behind cutting up their own shows just to drag them into a year.

Seriously just post a video or article and explain this format to us. Can’t we at least get an explanation?
If this is happening with a lot of shows then well companies have a lot more data than any "fan" or respected chairman CEO online, I hate that in the age of youtube experts people take their words as facts. I have no idea what it is either but if so many shows are doing it there has to be a reason, they have tons of data to make a decision like that, so with the changing times of how we receive our entertainment it might be a way to maximize whatever their plans are for tv. It escapes me, they aren't out there to boycott the expensive shows they pay to air, at least not every single time as many people would be led to believe.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:49 AM   #7
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
If this is happening with a lot of shows then well companies have a lot more data than any "fan" or respected chairman CEO online, I hate that in the age of youtube experts people take their words as facts. I have no idea what it is either but if so many shows are doing it there has to be a reason, they have tons of data to make a decision like that, so with the changing times of how we receive our entertainment it might be a way to maximize whatever their plans are for tv. It escapes me, they aren't out there to boycott the expensive shows they pay to air, at least not every single time as many people would be led to believe.
For all the criticism movies and tv gets it’s funny that anyone would defend this specific thing.

This scheduling thing is a valid complaint. I’m sorry but I don’t think any reason they have is a logical one.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #8
newfan
Mad Scientist

I've noticed this with some other shows my children watch, not sure how accurate the info is here though.

Glad they don't do this with adult shows too, I'm not sure I'd want to bother tying to catch when they put a few new eps on.

Last edited by newfan; 08-27-2018 at 01:50 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 AM   #9
Vicky82
Emperor

There was 8 month break during season 2 of Thunderbirds are Go. Now Its on another break during season 3 and rumours are It’s returning next year.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #10
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is because they will add Ray Tracing for Nvidia upcoming graphics cards RTX 2070 2080 and 2080ti for it to have the best lighting and shadows ever made! Which means that those who will uprage their graphics cards from september 20 and buy one of these 3 they will watch it with better lighting and shadows than those who will keep their current graphics cards or those who will watch it on tv. It was me who conviced Nvidia to pay millions to Nickelodeon to do it so evryone can enjoy my adventures with the best graphics possible on current high end pc's!!
Old 08-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It is because they will add Ray Tracing for Nvidia upcoming graphics cards RTX 2070 2080 and 2080ti for it to have the best lighting and shadows ever made! Which means that those who will uprage their graphics cards from september 20 and buy one of these 3 they will watch it with better lighting and shadows than those who will keep their current graphics cards or those who will watch it on tv. It was me who conviced Nvidia to pay millions to Nickelodeon to do it so evryone can enjoy my adventures with the best graphics possible on current high end pc's!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:37 AM   #12
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I don't believe that. Checking the calendar, 18 November is a Sunday 2018, and this series is excepted to air weekdays, at least Mondays.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #13
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Old 08-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I have no idea what it is either but if so many shows are doing it there has to be a reason
I had long figured that it may be because there are just SO many shows these days, more-so than back in the day, so many tv stations dropped the old typical season pattern and cut them up more to fit it all in. (Some adult shows have done it... I know my old Ghost Hunters started doing that in a bad way late in it -- to the point of missing some because, big surprise, it caused me to forget about it -- and I think Walking Dead, which some family members love, has? Showing a handful then disappearing for a while. Along with plenty of others.)

Maybe there's some truth in it, but then came the 2012's stupid scheduling, where instead of showing a TMNT repeat if there was no new one scheduled they'd just show a repeat of something else, or launch into a two hour block of Spongebob repeats instead. So I don't even know what to make of it. (If they used to spot for a NEW ep of something else, I'd sort of understand... but a repeat of something else in that spot was insulting.)

I would not be surprised if the November info is wrong. It just sounds absurd to suddenly disappear for that long. Though I wouldn't put it past them anymore... Along with how soon they might chuck it onto Nicktoons only.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Iam telling the truth. The show is getting RTX patches to run on Nvidia RTX 2080 2070 and 2080ti that why the delay! And it is me who is paying Nvidia to do it.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #16
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Iam telling the truth. The show is getting RTX patches to run on Nvidia RTX 2080 2070 and 2080ti that why the delay! And it is me who is paying Nvidia to do it.
go back to the mental hospital you escaped from
Old 08-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote