The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Early Utrom technology

Does anyone have any ideas or theories about how the Utroms, or similair species like the Kraang (any TMNT incarnation), used to get around on their own planet before developing hovercraft and robots.

Before the Industrial Revolutions kicking off in 18th Century UK, Humans on Earth would walk, and for longer distances: ride in horse-pulled carts on land, and ride in sailships on the waters. That would be very hard to do for a Utrom without any robot.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 09-11-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Atleast with humans, our hands were well suited for creating tools and manipulating the environment around us.

The Utroms may be intelligent, but how exactly they managed to create such great technologies with their stub-like tentacles is quite the mystery.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

*Cracks fingers*

Ok, so this is something I've thought a lot about, because of course I would.

There's one big factor that separates Utroms from humans in technological advancement is the great running gag that they don't have hands. Or much for vertical mobility.

My best guess is that Utroms didn't leave their planet and started finding other species. They were visited first. And those benevolent aliens decided it was a good idea to gift the cute little mobility challenged orbs technology beyond their wildest dreams. And then were shocked when they ran wild with it, making their own technology suited to what little they could do themselves.

Utrom architecture is another matter entirely; I kinda doubt it would look like what humans have, and would be more inspired by their ancient living. Which I would guess to be tunnels and caves