The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2019, 11:40 PM   #1441
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Another one down. Just figured out from some figure picture perusing online that the spear I've crossed out in red was from Stone Armor Goliath from the Gargoyles line.

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:12 AM   #1442
Shortfuse
Thug
 
Shortfuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: London, UK
Posts: 63
And the sword top left (which I may have pointed out before) looks like Archer's from Small Soldiers.
__________________
"Leave this to the real Raphael!"

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #1443
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortfuse View Post
And the sword top left (which I may have pointed out before) looks like Archer's from Small Soldiers.
Itís not.



I would say each one of the accessories is from 1984 or 1985 to 1997 (at the latest). The light (possibly glow in the dark) staff reminds me of the staff included with the Evil Sorcerer from the 1983 LJN Advanced Dungeons and Dragons line, even though it is not the staff from that action figure line. The staff could be from anyone of those Masters of the Universe knock-off toy lines from the mid 1980s. Itís difficult to tell. Regardless, the dates for some of those accessories do not exceed 1996 or 1997.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 AM   #1444
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortfuse View Post
And the sword top left (which I may have pointed out before) looks like Archer's from Small Soldiers.
Maybe not, but this was helpful because that sword is clearly a reused mold, which means that the sword on the top right most likely comes from a Kenner produced line of some kind.....

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #1445
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Maybe not, but this was helpful because that sword is clearly a reused mold, which means that the sword on the top right most likely comes from a Kenner produced line of some kind.....

https://i.imgur.com/noHjQjZ.jpg
Please pardon me; I wasnít looking hard enough for all images of Archerís sword from the 1998 Hasbro Small Soldiers line.

That is the sword to the first Archer with the Arrow-Strike Crossbow.

The other accessories are definitely to the muscular action figures of the mid 80s to the 90s.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #1446
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Please pardon me; I wasnít looking hard enough for all images of Archerís sword from the 1998 Hasbro Small Soldiers line.

That is the sword to the first Archer with the Arrow-Strike Crossbow.
I actually just found out that I've got the sort of gargoyle missile thing that goes with his launcher as well. You can barely see it on the left of a MOC example.

Another one down!

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #1447
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I actually just found out that I've got the sort of gargoyle missile thing that goes with his launcher as well. You can barely see it on the left of a MOC example.

Another one down!

https://i.imgur.com/SPAJCjA.jpg
I suggest you take a good look at the other accessories. The projectiles could belong to any Transformers Beast Wars figure. Take a closer look and go to an online action figure encyclopedia site like Figure Realm or Super Toy Archive. By now, you should be able to scan an image of any action figure accessory and have a database match it and give you results immediately afterwards, but unfortunately we don’t have technology like that.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #1448
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I suggest you take a good look at the other accessories. The projectiles could belong to any Transformers Beast Wars figure. Take a closer look and go to an online action figure encyclopedia site like Figure Realm or Super Toy Archive. By now, you should be able to scan an image of any action figure accessory and have a database match it and give you results immediately afterwards, but unfortunately we donít have technology like that.


I've got a bag of about 500 accessories that I am going through and matching up the best I can. These are in the [large] pile that are already qualified as "I've already taken a good look....", and now my best recourse is to ask the community.

And you guys have been helpful so far, so thank you.

And yes, it's going to be a great day when there's a website with image recognition for cataloging toy accessories. -big thumb's up-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:50 PM   #1449
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 329
Anybody recognize any of these? (Attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E1452C5B-4C1D-49B3-B8B1-A518CE7820F9.jpg (16.5 KB, 11 views)
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 AM   #1450
The Turtle Terminator
Stone Warrior
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Anybody recognize any of these? (Attached)
The lime green one on the left hand side that looks like a seat is from the Flushomatic toilet machine

https://images.app.goo.gl/i7gsm62wgt3oHZ81A
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:38 AM   #1451
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,221
The smaller toilet seat came with Leo's Jolly Turtle Tubboat
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #1452
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
I am pretty sure these are all vintage TMNT, but I have faith the experts here will be able to eyeball at least a few....

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #1453
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I am pretty sure these are all vintage TMNT, but I have faith the experts here will be able to eyeball at least a few....

https://i.imgur.com/1JoOUCk.jpg
The barrel on the right bottom is from Biker Mice From Mars' Grease Pit's bike.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #1454
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I am pretty sure these are all vintage TMNT, but I have faith the experts here will be able to eyeball at least a few....

https://i.imgur.com/1JoOUCk.jpg
The two orange bars along the top are from the Mighty Mutations: Construction Mutation Don

the red rod on the left side is from Toxie from the Toxic Crusaders line.

The green nunchuk / pole is from Hot Doggin' Mike though it is missing the tip

The green camo disk is from an Exo Squad E Frame.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #1455
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
The barrel on the right bottom is from Biker Mice From Mars' Grease Pit's bike.
I can't believe you knew that. That's great, thank you. I'd never have figured that out - that' a line that I just have no exposure to at all. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
The two orange bars along the top are from the Mighty Mutations: Construction Mutation Don

the red rod on the left side is from Toxie from the Toxic Crusaders line.

The green nunchuk / pole is from Hot Doggin' Mike though it is missing the tip

The green camo disk is from an Exo Squad E Frame.
-facepalms- That's right - jeeze man I even had Toxie sitting in a box right behind me in my office here....

I'd never have guessed about the E-Frame. That's another one I have had no exposure to.

Thank you.

Here's where we are at now after some help from you guys!

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:26 PM   #1456
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can't believe you knew that. That's great, thank you. I'd never have figured that out - that' a line that I just have no exposure to at all. Thanks again.



-facepalms- That's right - jeeze man I even had Toxie sitting in a box right behind me in my office here....

I'd never have guessed about the E-Frame. That's another one I have had no exposure to.

Thank you.

Here's where we are at now after some help from you guys!

https://i.imgur.com/49xxyeH.jpg
Those TMNT Spoke Sliders with the Don and Leo faces are from the March of 1993 Burger King Kids Club promotion.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #1457
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Those TMNT Spoke Sliders with the Don and Leo faces are from the March of 1993 Burger King Kids Club promotion.
Thank you bud! Updated the sale thread here because I am throwing in the Spoke Sliders with the original deal, no price changes.

And updated the image to reflect our identifications:

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #1458
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 206
The orange eyelid is from a Taco Bell monster eye straw.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #1459
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
The orange eyelid is from a Taco Bell monster eye straw.
Hhahaha, man you are going to laugh at this - I had no clue what that was from. My best guess? That it was a shark's jaw from Street Sharks or something. But no, it's an eyelid from a straw.... hahahaaha

Thank you....
Updated...

IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #1460
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can't believe you knew that. That's great, thank you. I'd never have figured that out - that' a line that I just have no exposure to at all. Thanks again.
Yeah, I had the entire first run of them when I was a kid, a shame they got lost over the years
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.