Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #121
pferreira
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not really, no.
Did you see my quote from the Ask Editor thread? Am I totally misinterpreting what was said or is it what I originally said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
No I agree with Andrew here, it really doesn't work like that either. The official story behind the creation is that Kevin drew a turtle carrying ninja weapons, which lead to brainstorming between him and Peter. That story would imply they were an original idea at first and any similarities were added later on.
Right! Someone call Wiki, they got it wrong!

No really, if it's wrong, it needs correcting as whenever sources talk about the history of TMNT they're going to use Wiki. The Wikipedia site doesn't validate my edits so I can't do it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #122
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

I am sorry if i did miss the boat or stepping on some feets but i have to Ask is Sofia cambell the same AS ross campbell??perhaps i rember wrong but a long time ago i mean that it was printed a pic of ross campbell with glasset, almost no hair and skinny and it did say something like he did like to go to cafe and comic stores etc.was it a cover identety like some writers do and publish a book under a diffrent name?or is it a other story to it??in the end it dosent matter because he/she is one of my top tmnt artist with Peter,kevin,farly.just did Wonder because all this time i did think it was a man and now its a she it seems.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #123
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
I am sorry if i did miss the boat or stepping on some feets but i have to Ask is Sofia cambell the same AS ross campbell??perhaps i rember wrong but a long time ago i mean that it was printed a pic of ross campbell with glasset, almost no hair and skinny and it did say something like he did like to go to cafe and comic stores etc.was it a cover identety like some writers do and publish a book under a diffrent name?or is it a other story to it??in the end it dosent matter because he/she is one of my top tmnt artist with Peter,kevin,farly.just did Wonder because all this time i did think it was a man and now its a she it seems.
Yes. Sophie Campbell is the same person as Ross Campbell.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:10 AM   #124
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Ok thank you fore clearing that up😊
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Did you see my quote from the Ask Editor thread? Am I totally misinterpreting what was said or is it what I originally said?

Right! Someone call Wiki, they got it wrong!

No really, if it's wrong, it needs correcting as whenever sources talk about the history of TMNT they're going to use Wiki. The Wikipedia site doesn't validate my edits so I can't do it.
It's pretty simple.

We asked Kevin: "Hey Kevin, is or was TMNT a parody?"

Kevin: "No."

We asked Peter: "Hey Peter, is or was TMNT a parody?"

Peter: "No."

Case closed. But people still like to often pretend the opposite, and/or call them liars.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #126
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

I guess similarities would be entirely coincidental? When did the parody narrative spring to life?

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I guess similarities would be entirely coincidental? When did the parody narrative spring to life?
Mostly fans looking for ways to belittle or poke holes in the Mirage TMNT or otherwise illustrate, "See? The whole thing is silly, just like Fred Wolf! It was made to be a parody! Lighten up!" Etc..
Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM   #128
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Why are we still talking about the Quartering?

Last Movie Watched: Wonder Woman (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Power Rangers Zeo (S1:E16).
Last Video Game Played: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #129
TommyT
Thug

Quote:
Mostly fans looking for ways to belittle or poke holes in the Mirage TMNT or otherwise illustrate, "See? The whole thing is silly, just like Fred Wolf! It was made to be a parody! Lighten up!" Etc..
So Splinter being named for Stick, and naming the Foot clan instead of the hand. The whole daredevil connection, you're washing that away?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
So Splinter being named for Stick, and naming the Foot clan instead of the hand. The whole daredevil connection, you're washing that away?
Some homage elements do not a parody make. And what's to wash away? We asked Kevin and Peter and they said no. We know better than them what they had in mind?
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #131
TommyT
Thug

Quote:
Some homage elements do not a parody make. And what's to wash away? We asked Kevin and Peter and they said no. We know better than them what they had in mind?
It's a soft parody, if they cop to it or not. There's evidence all through the Mirage books. It evolved into it's own thing, but that wasn't where it started.

It's in the name, as we all know.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #132
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
It's a soft parody, if they cop to it or not.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM   #133
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

So as someone has never read the IDW, largely because it came out when i lost interest in the franchise and when I got back into it, it had a large number of issues that I couldn't catch up with.

I heard about Jennika a few days after the initial issue came out. I started thinking it was a bad idea, but after reading her backstory and seeing her design, I liked the idea. She doesn't look female. She looks like a Mutant Turtle. The other four don't look overly male, so why does Jennika need to look overly female?

Also, due to her backstory, the idea of her wearing clothes is perfectly fine.

The idea that people are calling this 'SJW pandering' is pathetic really. They wanted to make a female Turtle, and they did. Not because of an agenda, but because they wanted to
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote