The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #9981
CyberCubed
Overlord

A lot of the shrine quest riddles are really tricky just for the sake of it. I just said the hell with it and started looking up the answers of what to do. Most of them I would have never figured out myself.

Some of them were really dumb and poorly worded, like the one in Gerudo where you have to wait for the shadow of the tower to shine up the pedestal, and then shoot a single arrow at the sun. The way the riddle was worded I thought I had to stand on the tower and shoot an arrow at the pedestal.

A lot of the Rito Shrine quest riddles were ridiculous too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #9982
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I solved all the ones I have. They're not poorly worded, that's just...you.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #9983
CyberCubed
Overlord

Some of them were definitely very confusing, like also the "crowned beast" riddle. I had no idea what that referred to until I looked it up.

There was also a lot of Rito shrine riddles about the giant bird in the Hebra snow area, I had no idea it didn't mean an actual bird.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #9984
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, man, on you. Don't blame the game for stumping you. How hard is it to figure out they were speaking about a buck? Think a little.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #9985
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was actually looking for a Moblin with a crown on his head, lol.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #9986
Storm Eagle
Saved by

With complaints about the Switch's screen getting scratched from going in and out of the dock, I decided not to use it until I got a screen protector. My screen protectors arrived yesterday, and I finally took the Switch out of its box. I did my best to apply the screen protector, but I actually have this big bubble on the middle. As weird as it looks, I'll just live with it. Nintendo should have just used a better screen.

I played Breath of the Wild for about two hours, and have completed two shrines so far. I ordered a players guide which came about a week ago, but then returned it for the hardcover version since it has an art section. That should be getting to me later this week.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #9987
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do those guides show the location of all 900 koroks? Pretty insane, just imagine the page space it would take to print the locations of all 900. I remember the Ocarina of Time players guide back in the day had all 100 Skulltula locations marked out...but this game has 900 Koroks...so how did they fit that all to print?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #9988
Chris
Mad Scientist

The guide has a fold out map with little dots showing all 900. Dots are colour coded to say what type of korok it is (like stone ring) and has pictures for like 12 of the really tough to find ones.

Just finished the first 4 shrines today. Loving it so far. Trying not to use the guide & just explore but it's there for when the going gets tough (which it totally will!)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #9989
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm now at 106 shrines. I can't believe I'm almost done. I can't think of where the other shrines could be, I've explored virtually everywhere.

Might just have to bite the bullet and look up online the last few shrines.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #9990
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I have 9 shrine quests left and don't even have them in my travel log. I'll do some sidequests because some lead to shrine quests.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 PM   #9991
Powder
So tired of this place

My aim is not to "beat" the game until I've done all the shrines. It'll be hard to resist breaking that little rule I've set for myself, but it's how I wanna do things. I'm about 80 shrines deep, 130 Koroks found, 2 Divine Beasts down, oodles of quests completed. Really enjoying myself.

Can't get over the fact there's 900 of my little woodland friends though. With how much time I've spent looking for them & how often I actually did, I was sure I'd gotten around 300 or so, & yet I've got less than half of that...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...th_of_the_wild

& as you can see here there's really no incentive to go all out. Yikes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #9992
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You have way more Koroks than I do. I'm at like 90. Which beasts have you done?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #9993
Powder
So tired of this place

Started with the Elephant, then did the Camel. I'll be doing the bird one next, within a few days I guess. Trying to space them out in a way that "rewards" me, so to speak, since I'm trying to earn my way to the end with shrines.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #9994
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Started with the Elephant, then did the Camel. I'll be doing the bird one next, within a few days I guess. Trying to space them out in a way that "rewards" me, so to speak, since I'm trying to earn my way to the end with shrines.
Yeah, from all your Koroks, pretty clear you like exploring so do the Rito one next. Revali's power is very useful in exploration.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #9995
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I haven't gone to Hyrule Castle yet to fight the final boss, not before I finish all 120 shrines.

I've done everything else and have all but one of Link's memory (since the last one is in Hyrule Castle), have 110 shrines now and I'm pretty sure I did the vast majority of the sidequests. Maybe just missing 1 or 2, I'll look that up later.

I'll find the last 10 shrines, then that's it, off to Hyrule castle. I'll get Link's last memory there and then beat the final boss. After that I'll research online to see if I missed any sidequests in the game, but if I did it can't be more than a handful. I don't care about completing the picture gallery of every monster/weapon/item, so that's out for me. I might buy all of Link's outfits though just to see how they all look.

My playtime is a little over 70 hours. I love how you can see exactly how long you played, at least on Wii-U anyway.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #9996
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My aim is not to "beat" the game until I've done all the shrines. It'll be hard to resist breaking that little rule I've set for myself, but it's how I wanna do things. I'm about 80 shrines deep, 130 Koroks found, 2 Divine Beasts down, oodles of quests completed. Really enjoying myself.

Can't get over the fact there's 900 of my little woodland friends though. With how much time I've spent looking for them & how often I actually did, I was sure I'd gotten around 300 or so, & yet I've got less than half of that...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...th_of_the_wild

& as you can see here there's really no incentive to go all out. Yikes.
You sound like me. I pretty much like to explore everything, if possible and given how this game truly encourages exploration, I don’t see how anyone can’t just take in the vast world. Now, I wish I had the game and either a Wii U or Switch to play it. ^^
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 PM   #9997
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You need to turn in to Impa when you get the last memory so she can make you find a 13th memory. Just go in the castle, get it, and be out. There's a shrine in the castle so you can just fast travel to it.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #9998
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Yeah, from all your Koroks, pretty clear you like exploring so do the Rito one next. Revali's power is very useful in exploration.
Boy, do I ever. Just been lost in the sauce every day since it came out. Barely getting anything done in real life. Even eating less. I wish I had known that about Revali's power, I've covered so much ground already. Oh well, maybe I'll do the Rito mission a bit sooner then so as to benefit from the reward! Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah I haven't gone to Hyrule Castle yet to fight the final boss, not before I finish all 120 shrines.

I've done everything else and have all but one of Link's memory (since the last one is in Hyrule Castle), have 110 shrines now and I'm pretty sure I did the vast majority of the sidequests. Maybe just missing 1 or 2, I'll look that up later.

I'll find the last 10 shrines, then that's it, off to Hyrule castle. I'll get Link's last memory there and then beat the final boss. After that I'll research online to see if I missed any sidequests in the game, but if I did it can't be more than a handful. I don't care about completing the picture gallery of every monster/weapon/item, so that's out for me. I might buy all of Link's outfits though just to see how they all look.

My playtime is a little over 70 hours. I love how you can see exactly how long you played, at least on Wii-U anyway.
Oh, cool, so we're on the same page then, play-style wise. A few of the memories are really tricky to locate, I've not yet come across a few of the more woodland-looking ones. I'll probably resort to Googling the location of 3 of the 5 or so I've yet to discover. No shame in it, I've tried my best. I'm not bothering with the Hyrule Compendium either, but like you, I do wanna get all of the clothes/armor that you can get (without amiibos, as I don't have any).

I've taken note of the collectible count, but I didn't notice playtime. I'm on the Wii-U version too, so I'll have to give the loading screen an observant eye next time. Feels like I've been doing 7 hours a day on average, would love to actually break the math down & see how far down the rabbit hole I've gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
You sound like me. I pretty much like to explore everything, if possible and given how this game truly encourages exploration, I don’t see how anyone can’t just take in the vast world. Now, I wish I had the game and either a Wii U or Switch to play it. ^^
Yeah, I don't get that either! A good friend of mine had "beaten the game" in like a week. There I was thinkin' she was hot sh*t when it turned out she had barely done anything else. In the weeks following, she's gotten to be very jealous of my experience with the game because I'm basking in its glow whereas she rushed through it. I mean, sure, you feel compelled to see the story progress, but why not savor the flavor? There's plenty to see & do after defeating the boss, but like, isn't the fun of all that how it will aid you in that very fight? What's there to gain from getting badass weapons, armor, etc. if you've already taken out the head honcho? Silly.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #9999
CyberCubed
Overlord

If you don't know, the painter guy tells you the location of every memory in the game. You first meet him in Kakariko village and then he's at most of the horse stables telling you where each memory is in each region. Nearly all the memories were extremely easy to find once he told you where they were, except one tricky one on a mountain in the Death Mountain area. The last memory is actually in Hyrule castle so you can't get it till you go there.

The sidequests are fun to do but it's a shame your reward is just rupees or a diamond or whatever. In previous games the sidequests/minigames is where you got all your Heart pieces from. But in this game you get all your Heart containers from the shrines instead, so the sidequests don't really give you anything useful besides money. Still they're fun to do and I always like helping the townspeople in every Zelda.

Besides that there's also 5 Great fairies to find, 4 regular ones and a obscure 5th one.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #10000
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yo, again, the last memory isn't in Hyrule Castle. You'll still have another memory to find after you go back to Impa.