The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #21
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

If it's a movie and not a TV series, I could go for it. Movies have bigger budget s and go for higher age ratings.

-Yoshi's and Saki's history as 'brothers'

-Karai as Yoshi's long lost daughter (but no later mutation, keep her human)

-Kraang as a subgroup of Utroms

-Have the Turtles start out with their signature weapons and masks, but later 'advance' to their appearance and weapons seen in 'Vision Quest'

-Chris Bradford and Xevor, with Chris still being Shredder's top student, but this time, actually showing it. It was mentioned a couple times in the show like it was a big deal, but he still got beaten like a chump.

-Xever and Bradford being mutated. Both were cool, but Bradord's second mutation got wasted when he was still beaten down like a chump. The horrific skeletal mutation should be kept, but it should make him almost feral and extremely dangerous, pushing him over the edge when Shredder replaces him with Tigerclaw (not for incompetence, but due to being hard to control)

-Tigerclaw (duh)

-The Rat King looking kind of corpse-like

-Slash being a sort of anti-hero
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It would probably be easier to list things I'm not so keen on seeing come back.
What I don't want back

April O'Neil being a teenage girl, or half-Kraang.

Characters like Karai, Kirby O'Neil or Shredder mutating.

Dimension X being such a weird place. Make it another galaxy instead.

Pulverizer.

Foot robots are pointless with both Shredder and the Kraang. The turtles can knock Human Foot ninjas unconscious (uness it's Mirage on the big screen) while the Kraang's robots can be hacked and slashed into pieces without any moral problems.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #23
newfan
Mad Scientist

Course, I assumed live action, if an animated movie was also in the speculation then that may be a little different and allow for a little more still. In terms of mutant characters, too many would be too much in live action, for me anyway. I'd still have a tad less in an animated movie than in the show, including Shredder as pointed out above by Original TMNT fan. Becoming Super Shredder in the show made him loose the last part of himself and become more of a threat, therefore the TMNT had to choice but to kill him, so I get it from that point but otherwise no I liked him better in human form.

Last edited by newfan; 01-13-2019 at 02:37 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #24
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Course, I assumed live action, if an animated movie was also in the speculation then that may be a little different and allow for a little more still. In terms of mutant characters, too many would be too much in live action, for me anyway. I'd still have a tad less in an animated movie than in the show, including Shredder as pointed out above by Original TMNT fan. Becoming Super Shredder in the show made him loose the last part of himself and become more of a threat, therefore the TMNT had to choice but to kill him, so I get it from that point but otherwise no I liked him better in human form.
I DO mean live action, I should have pointed that out.

One thing I really want to see is the interaction between Leonardo and Karai, they were the only couple of the series where it felt believable, it was never a case of "We HAVE to give Leonardo a girlfriend just because."

The way they exchanged banter, the way they sparked the other on, even during the season two episodes before Tiger Claw came around. How do they call it "Flirting with danger."

So if they have the story line of Karai as Splinter's daughter, they should include that click she and Leo had.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 01-14-2019 at 08:42 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #25
newfan
Mad Scientist

Pulling at my heart strings there Great Saiyaman much I got caught up in that (my only tmnt ship) I'm not too sure about that working well in live action....having a special connection as in an alliance and they have a good chemistry just generally interacting could work though.

Last edited by newfan; 01-14-2019 at 10:26 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What I don't want back

April O'Neil being a teenage girl, or half-Kraang.

Characters like Karai, Kirby O'Neil or Shredder mutating.

Dimension X being such a weird place. Make it another galaxy instead.

Pulverizer.

Foot robots are pointless with both Shredder and the Kraang. The turtles can knock Human Foot ninjas unconscious (uness it's Mirage on the big screen) while the Kraang's robots can be hacked and slashed into pieces without any moral problems.
I agree that most of these aren't stellar concepts. Although I don't really care that much about April's age, Donatello's crush was a bigger problem, which admittedly might have been part of the reason to age her down. To be honest, having the turtles openly admit being attracted to humans is off-putting an awkward. If you're going to present a species whose only few members are related, it's probably best if sexuality and romantic feelings never get adressed.

Not sure about Dimension X though, if you're going to call something an alternate dimension, wouldn't you want it to be weird? Otherwise it might as well be another part of the universe.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not sure about Dimension X though, if you're going to call something an alternate dimension, wouldn't you want it to be weird? Otherwise it might as well be another part of the universe.
I don't want Dimension X to be another dimension, with different laws of physics. I want it to be regular a galaxy within our Universe, just like the Milky Way Galaxy or the Andromeda Galaxy.

The Archie comics definately went that route. If you want it a galaxy and think the name dimension is too confusing for a galaxy, maybe the Theta Galaxy should be used instead (as in 4 Kids).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote