The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

Do you ever wish you could restart your life from scratch?

By keeping your current consciousness and going back and fixing sh*t. I've been thinking about this a lot recently and how much better I'd be off if I had a more fulfilling childhood and established friends earlier. Once you get a reputation, that stigma doesn't go away once established.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Ho yeah.

Best not to dwell too much on woulda, coulda, shouldas, better to be proactive about your future and getting to where you want to be. It can be hard to not think about the past and wish you had done things differently though, I'm guilty of doing it at times. But if you learn lessons from mistakes you've made then you can do better next time.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've had that thought before but I wouldn't want to do it, I value past experiences and my current life overall too much to completely start over.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

God yes. Definitely things, situations, and opportunities (or lack of) I'd change if I could.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Only if I can jot down all the winning lottery ticket numbers up to date and go back to my 18 year old self and become a millionaire Biff style ala Back to the Future.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Let's make this more fun, you can go back to whenever you want in your life, HOWEVER because your "brain" is travelling with you it'll still be that age.

That means if you decide to go back 20 years your brain is still old so instead of dying at say 85 you'll die at 65. Now you can balance if living less years to fix some mistakes or actually seeing more of the future is worth more.

See I'd like to go back and be 13 again with what I know now just to have more fun during all my teenage years knowing what I know now, but with the added consequences no way would I take it. My biggest regret I made when I was 19 but going back a decade to fix that one mistake isn't worth not living ten more years in my life.

The other thing is I really like my life now too and all my mistakes led me here and to meet the people that I met without having made them would prove very difficult, like meeting my significant other. I mean I would do everything in the world to have it happen similarly but man, imagine if those variables changed enough that it wouldn't happen, now that would be a big mistake.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Nah. There are minor things I regret here and there, but overall, I'm dope.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

only to correct a few major mistakes that I Think changed me dramatically. Like getting a major SHOCK while working on my arcade monitor that still had some charge in it. I kind of think that started the ocd/anxiety somehow since i was never as bad before it.

I would also try and find some way to make sure my love life and social life was somehow existent/better. that, I am sure, would entail not moving into a far more well off, snootier town. I went from a town where you saw people on their lawn working and playing every weekend, to a place where you're lucky to see someone outside of their house once a month. the old place just felt more sociable.

but other than a few life regrets, life hasn't been all that bad yet. and it's not worth making it somehow worse if i got the opportunity to change things.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yes, more rules always make everything more fun. And way to try to hijack someone else's thread.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

There is not enough money in the universe to make me want to go back to high school.

I don't get me wrong, I would love to go and smack past me around a little bit, but there's no way I'd want to redo adolescence.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:33 AM   #11
Shark_Blade
Emperor

"I never look back darling, it detracts from the now." - Edna Mode
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah looking back or worrying about the future makes you miss some of the present, easy to do though.

I don't want to start from scratch, over all there's not a lot I would change (mostly trying harder) but yes like a lot of people I do find myself thinking of some things I'd do differently. As for changing my path too much, I'd still have to have had my children at the same time point and with the same person or they would not be them so a lot up until then couldn't change too much.

Could have spent less time worrying about my age, thinking I was old when I wasn't but that's not a major thing
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:53 AM   #13
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I wouldn’t change anything. I’ve had a rough life, but that rough life gave me my drive and determination.

If I went back with current knowledge, I’m afraid I’d ignore some of those painful things ( like the death of my first love ) by avoiding him all together and missing all the wonderful things we did together.

No, even though I have battle scars from life, they are the foundation of my personality.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #14
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Nah, I wouldn’t do anything different. Your past is a part of you and one can learn from mistakes. I wouldn’t like having to restart my life over again anyway. You can’t change the past but you can change the future.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Also, Heaven is gonna be dope. I'm not suicidal or anything, but I don't wanna prolong getting into Paradise, either.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #16
Roseangelo
Emperor

Do I get new parents?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #17
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Do I get new parents?
QFT.

And my parents were pretty decent parents, but they still manage to create an environment that eft up a lot of people.

Quote:
This Be The Verse
BY PHILIP LARKIN
They **** you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****ed up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #18
Sumac
Banned

Would have jumped on that opportunity without a thought.
Preferably with the change of country and family. And maybe with change of time.

Not really sure why people say: "But I couldn't be myself, if I did that". You wouldn't even knew the difference though.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote