Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #1
Shargor
Thug

December 2019 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #101

Spoiler:

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Sophie Campbell (w) • Sophie Campbell (a & c) • Kevin Eastman (vc) • Dustin Weaver (vc)

Welcome to the new world of TMNT! After the cataclysmic events of TMNT #100, the Turtles find New York City drastically changed-new factions and enemies are on the rise, and allies are in short supply. The Turtles discover that in order to survive they will need to work together like never before!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

In Shops: Dec 11, 2019

Bullet points:

• An exciting new era for the TMNT, and the perfect jumping on point!
• A Turtle story unlike any you’ve seen, written and drawn by TMNT superstar Sophie Campbell!
• Kevin Eastman and Tom Waltz will be back with even more TMNT in 2020!

TMNT: Urban Legends #20

Spoiler:

Gary Carlson (w) • Frank Fosco (a & c) • Frank Fosco & Eric Larsen (vc) • Kevin Eastman (vc)

It’s a Triceraton invasion! As Leo rushes to gather allies for a last-minute attempt to stop the long-range teleportation machine that’s allowing the aliens access to Earth, Donatello fends off the ground forces. And during the chaos, Pimiko, Shredder’s daughter, makes an unexpected reappearance…

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

In Shops: Dec 11, 2019

Power Rangers / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (of 5)

Spoiler:

Ryan Parrott (w) • Simone Di Meo (a) • Dan Mora (c) • Goñi Montes (vc)

THE MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS AND THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MEET FOR THE FIRST TIME!

The Power Rangers arrive in New York City to find Tommy Oliver – a.k.a. The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger – but soon discover he’s joined forces with the villainous Shredder and the Foot Clan!

As the Rangers are sent reeling by this betrayal, they ‘re confronted by another (fr)enemy… the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Can these heroes find a way to work together to defeat the bad guys and save the world from total destruction?!

Written by Ryan Parrott (Power Rangers: Necessary Evil) and illustrated by Simone di Meo (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Venom Annual), the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fight – and maybe team up with – the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the first time.

FC • 32 pages • $4.99

In Shops: Dec 04, 2019

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 3: Sound Off!

Spoiler:

Matthew K. Manning (w) • Chad Thomas (a & c)

New characters, new attitude, and a new age of mutant madness continues in this graphic novel based on the Nickelodeon animated series. Join Raph, Leo, Donnie, Mikey, and April O’Neil in this exciting and hilarious adventure with an important message about learning to be comfortable speaking up.

A new batch of mutant villains are in town and they’ve mastered the art of noiseless theft! The TMNT are powerless to stop them-until they realize someone close to them shares a history with the bad guys: April O’Neil! Will she be able to overcome a case of stage fright and save the day?

FC • 72 pages • $9.99

In Shops: Feb 05, 2020

Last edited by Shargor; 09-21-2019 at 02:21 AM.
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:11 AM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題

Spoiler:

Mona Lisa!
Old 09-21-2019, 04:48 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

That #101 cover seems a bit spoilery.
Spoiler:
Where did Mona Lisa and the albino turtle baby come from?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:03 AM   #4
Vicky82
Emperor

Hmm, I wonder

Spoiler:
To save the kids, they are mutated.
Pretty awesome that Mona Lisa is appearing.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:36 AM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

WELL THEN. There are MANY questions! And only three issues to answer them!

Spoiler:
It's actually kinda cool she used the design that first debuted here, though! A whole year of Sophie writing, though. That'll be cool.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Mona Lisa is definitely the biggest highlight of the issue, but who or what is the threatening creature behind them?
Old 09-21-2019, 06:44 AM   #7
Igglet

Alright, I'm hyped.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:49 AM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Wow! I've been following Dustin Weaver's covers on the recent X-Men relaunch, but his work looks even better here. Both covers are great.

I'm excited for this fresh start, as it gives me a point to jump back on! I've been reading the last few issues and enjoying them, but I've also been, somewhat selfishly, hoping for a new direction for this book for a while. I love how successful it has been as what it does, but I'm just hoping for something that resonates with me a bit more. That said, I am glad to see that Tom and Kevin were involved with this story, as per the writing credits, and I wonder how much involvement they had. Probably just roundtable discussions, but I'm still curious. Also curious as to what they will be up to next.

Anyways, this is an exciting time for the book. Can't wait to see what other artists the main book may have lined up.

Artists I'd still love to see get a crack at this book (or at least a cover): Jerome Opena, Frank Quitely, Gabriel Ba, Greg Capullo. None of them probably come cheap, but I'm just having fun over here. In fact, the covers are one of my favorite things about the IDW series. There has been a lot of rotation and surprising artists popping up on them over the books run.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-21-2019 at 07:08 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:12 AM   #9
Igglet

Both of the covers are honestly great, especially Dustin's. Like half of the reason why I'm this hyped for #101 is because Dustin's cover got me sold on it.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #10
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
That #101 cover seems a bit spoilery.
Spoiler:
Where did Mona Lisa and the albino turtle baby come from?
Where did you get the second part of that spoiler from? Did a comment get removed somewhere? Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot

Last edited by hypered1; 09-21-2019 at 12:09 PM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
As a great man once said... You did it. You crazy son of a bitch, you did it.

I wonder if Hob sets off a Mutagen bomb (think the Inhumans' Terrigen Bombs) in the crowd during #98 and mutates a bunch of random people at once?

That creature in the background is either IDW Rahzar or just an OC mutant porcupine.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Issue 101 almost looks like a completely new series different from what came before. Almost a soft-reboot in a sense, where of course everything is in continuity, but now the series will go in a different direction. Sort of reminds me how TV shows have a new season where everything is different than what came before with new designs and everything, but is still part of the same show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Guys, guys... I just noticed this and can't believe everyone else hasn't, or at least not mentioned it: check out the street sign Pepperoni is stepping on...
Old 09-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Makes sense if there's going to be a lot more mutants, give them a sanctuary city. The X-men franchise does similar things.

I'd almost welcome a clean slate if there wasn't still so many unresolved arcs with Ch'rell and Null still lingering for years.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Makes sense if there's going to be a lot more mutants, give them a sanctuary city. The X-men franchise does similar things.

I'd almost welcome a clean slate if there wasn't still so many unresolved arcs with Ch'rell and Null still lingering for years.
If anything, this should make Null even more involved in the main plot. Mutants are pretty much her thing, for whatever reason we have yet to find out. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she's the big bad for the next 50 issues. As for Ch'rell, who even knows how he's gonna play into it... But he just might.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah I do feel post issue 100 will be Null as the main villain, with Bishop still around on the side, and of course the Patheon still with their grand master plan. I think Karai might be imprisoned, who knows. But I don't know what they plan to do with Ch'rell, it almost feels like he really wasn't needed this series and they could have wrapped up the Utrom/Triceraton stuff without him.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:44 AM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah I do feel post issue 100 will be Null as the main villain, with Bishop still around on the side, and of course the Patheon still with their grand master plan. I think Karai might be imprisoned, who knows. But I don't know what they plan to do with Ch'rell, it almost feels like he really wasn't needed this series and they could have wrapped up the Utrom/Triceraton stuff without him.
I'm very intrigued about Ch'rell's role going forward. We were told he was pretty much ax-crazy, and then when he comes out of stasis we get a far more stable individual than even Krang was. Sure, he's a formidable warrior and seems like a competent leader for the Burnow Island aliens, but he's (so far) definitely not as psychotic as I expected. He even feels like he could be a long-term ally to the Turtles. We're only expecting him to be villainous because of past iterations of the character. Meanwhile, it's the other Utroms who sneak around and plot and keep secrets... Maybe they're the ones to watch.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #18
Igglet

I've said this before and I know it's a controversial opinion but I do hope that the main Dragon King plot gets resolved by the end of #100. All things considered, it does seem to me like things are building up to that. I'm cool with the Pantheon still popping up and playing a part in the story as long as they move away from the Dragon King thing. When a plot thread dangles for years without offering any payoff whatsoever, I personally just lose all interest in it. I also hope that, going forward, Bishop is gonna play a similar role in the story as Krang did post-#50. I don't want him GONE just yet, but I do want the Turtles to take him down. The slate needs to be cleared for post-#100.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #19
ChosenOne
Banned

I have a feeling Stockman might play a big role in taking Bishop down, somehow. What with Mutant Town on the horizon, this comic is bound to get a smidge more political, which is right up Stockman's alley. I'm sure he didn't relish being forced to play along with the EPF, and assuming he becomes Mayor, he also won't take kindly to Bishop's attempts to keep him in check. He's like the Littlefinger of IDW TMNT. New York City will be his and his alone, and the first step towards that is getting rid of the man who thinks he can hold him by the leash. At least that's how I see it.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:43 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Where did you get the second part of that spoiler from? Did a comment get removed somewhere?
Spoiler:
There's literally an albino baby turtle on the cover, near the bottom left corner.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote