The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #3121
Ninjinister
無問題

There's a smaller babb now

Old 04-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #3122
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Awww! So tiny! I love kittens, they are so cute and innocent- until they learn that they are cats.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:57 PM   #3123
Vegita-San
Emperor

forever done with Skyward Sword. finally beat regular mode, and beat my first ever hero mode within a week, both 100%.

Hard to imagine was a totally different person 7 years ago when i first tried to get into it. feels bitter sweet moving on.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #3124
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Are you fostering ? Hand sized babbs are great. Even when they learn how to climb into your bed.

I've officially started working with my cousin in her museum. I have my work cut out for me, but it will be fun. I've already fixed some of the text on the website a little bit.

As soon as I get Illustrator to cooperate
Old 04-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #3125
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Congrats on being a kitten Dad Ninjinister. Hopefully the momma cat is being good to the kitties.

Just stating the above, since I had to be a foster mom to a couple of kittens that I found last September.; one was on on my back porch, her brother was the one mewing for help / food. Many a time I had to feed them kitten formula from an eye-dropper until I got them to eat wet food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
As soon as I get Illustrator to cooperate
I had a difficult time with getting my Illustrator teacher to be cooperative just to help me use Illustrator.

I think that old codger eventually retired. Last I heard, he wasn't getting enough students to enroll in his class(es).

Last edited by DarkFell; 04-29-2018 at 11:43 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #3126
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I pretty much ended that part of my day by hanging out with my cousin and her fifteen month old son. He was enthralled by one of the games on my phone. And there's a particular way I call his name (kind of high and raspy), to which he responds by "roaring". It's adorable.

My cousin's cats also are big into my visits. Since her mom's cat is shy and one of her two dogs is extremely anxious. The other dog is the total opposite and is the "door greeter" variety of dog.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #3127
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lol, Demona is a "door greeter" cat. At least, she was before she became blind. But she still manages to feel her way over to check out visitors when they come over. It just takes a bit longer now.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #3128
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'll be spending a lot of days with my cousin.

Today, we had to get me some slippers and a bathrobe (I ended up insisting my cousin get a pair of the slippers I picked fro herself, because they're amazing), and I got Ben a pair of new shirts and shorts.

He's getting pretty familiar with me at this point.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #3129
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I found out today that The Wizard is coming out on Blu-ray next month, three days before my birthday. It'll be an MOD release, but from what I understand, Universal's MOD Blu-rays are regular Blu-rays.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #3130
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thank god a tiny sapling I'd kept an eye on in the basement all winter (along with the rest of the potted plants, who almost all hate being down there and we unfortunately lost two) was in fact only dormant, like I'd hoped it would do, and has shown signs of life. Worried about it all winter though not knowing if it was still alive or not.

The last existing child of a beloved tree that family decided to murder last year... Killed me to come home from work to see what they had done, and without warning. I'd have been kind of heartbroken if this little one didn't make it, but so glad to see today that it did.

With spring being so stupid and delayed getting all these plants outside I'd moved that pot to the top of the attic steps where it would get some actual sun via a skylight in hopes it would get the idea to wake up and glad that seems to have done the trick; which I found today when I went to grab the pot to put it outside with the others.

Even just the other day I'd checked it and still nothing was happening, so quite glad to see today that it has started to wake up.

5/2 - Nature Valley Granola Cups (peanut butter)...

Local grocery store, $4.50 for a box of 5 packs (two cups each). I've tried them only once when they actually had a reasonable sale.

Dollar Tree today... Found same thing as a 4 pack for $1. $0.25 per pack vs paying $1.11 per pack? Yes please.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-02-2018 at 01:45 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #3131
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A bit morbid, but something I found while designing donation cards for the Baltimore Community Museum

I even found his grave and only learned that he was 44 or 45 when he was murderlated.

Did that even need to be included on the card? All we needed was the information on the shoe things! And now I'm just wondering what happened! I want to know!

It's given me amusement and a mystery. I FOUND IT.

From August 26, 1932
Quote:
FARMER SLAYER ARMED SHERIFFS POSSE Victim Shot Dead While Sitting on Horse At Water Trough In Barnyard
DAUGHTER SEES KILLER Gunman Flees Into Woods and Dodges Capture Under Cover of Darkness LANCASTER, o., Aug. ss posse of 100 farmers and deputy sheriffs today scoured the countryside around the village of Etna, near here, for the assassin who shot and killed Earl Basing, 44-year-old farmer.

A full charge from a shotgun tore thru Basing's back as he sat on a horse at the water trough in the barnyard of his farm near Etna. The shooting occurred at dusk. A joung laughter (?) of the farmer the gun explosion rang out. A few minutes later, the daughter told authorities, she saw a man dashing thru a corn field and into a nearby wood. Although a posse was organized immediately, darkness of night guarded the assassin's escape. Mystery surrounded the shooting as friends and neighbors said they were unable to venture a motive. Basing was well-known m the farming community.
And then from October 20th of the same year. I'm having to copy from the nonsense script from the newspaper sites, but they'll have to do.
Quote:
Ohio Farmer Freed Of Murder Charge By The Associated 1'rvis LANCASTER, 0., Oct. ^0--Ed A. Varner, 38, who was charged with having shot and fatally wounded Earl Basing, a farmer of Basil, was freed by the order of the Fairfield county grand jury which refused to imlh't (?) him. Authorities charged that Warner shot. Baslnp off his horse from HUI- nush, but liic investigators held there was not sufficient evidence upon which to return a first degree murder indictment.
Still can't find more beyond that, especially since newspaper recording sites suck and should fire that typist.

I have just dove head-long into a really obscure area of local history and I love it.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-03-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #3132
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I enjoy a good mystery on occasion. Almost as much as I love a good adventure.

Old 05-05-2018, 03:32 AM   #3133
newfan
Mad Scientist

The summer weather we going to have for the next few days will be making me happy, along with celebrating my mom's 60th Birthday later.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #3134
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's official! The porch cat is my friend now!

Three days ago, I couldn't even touch her and now she meows at me when I stop petting her. I was even able to pick her up and she's a lot lighter than she looks.

Now for her friend, who we call The Phantom, and have finally gotten a good long look at.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #3135
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lots of happy makers this weekend. In lieu of our game yesterday, we went with one of our group to see Infinity War. Great movie! Had lunch at Subway afterward. Had to walk to get there, but was worth it.

Today we slept in- tired after yesterday- and basically did nothing. Well, I did laundry, but that was it. I baked cookies, which came out perfectly, and we've just been playing games most of the day.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:59 PM   #3136
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm trying so hard to avoid spoilers even though I'm not a big MCU follower. I watch the movies casually, but I'd like at least some surprise.

Today I got to "re-meet" some distant relatives today. Cousins I usually don't get to see often enough. I think five in one day? It seems like my dad's relatives are everywhere around here. And while I didn't get to speak with my dad's youngest sibling - who I also don't know very well compared to his sisters, who I'm pretty close to- only passing him while leaving my grandmother's, I questioned how he looked so much older than my father. Who was the oldest child, yet somehow the youngest looks older than all of them.

The cat that lives on my aunt's porch also doesn't run away from us anymore. In fact, she's very receptive to petting and meows at me when I stop. It took me two days to do what is usually a week or two of socializing work.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #3137
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, I can tell you for certain you'll need some tissues, at least if you get emotional during movies.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #3138
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've only really cried at one thing, and that was an episode of Call the Midwife during the death scene of one of the younger midwives, with her husband and matronly best friend at her bedside. And the episode after that.

But that was mostly because I had attachment to her (and had barely been married for a year and got septicemia really fast), and I don't quite feel it as much for the Marvel characters.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #3139
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ah, well, perhaps not then, unless you have a particular favorite who, erm..... well, let's just say "bites the dust" is an apt term for this movie.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #3140
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Imgur panorama fails. Love some of these.

Finally got my Jeep over to a shop to get looked at. Hopefully they can figure out what's up with it. I don't look forward to the possible cost, as I suspect it's probably transmission related, but I at least am hopeful that they can figure it out and get the issue taken care of so I can stop worrying about it and wondering what this unknown issue is. May as well do it now while the money is there.

And I've got a phone interview tomorrow. I suppose I'll be a bit nervous, but it helps that I've done it once before for the same kind of position for the same company back in 2015, before getting hired with Sears, and recall it being an easy interview. Plus I think all that I've done with Sears probably makes me an even better of a candidate this time. In a way a lot of it is very similar work, but just, imo, on a smaller scale as a merchandiser dealing with product in stores I won't actually be working for.

If I can get in, I don't mine AT ALL not having to deal with the customers unless they're shopping in the stuff I'm actually responsible for while I'm there working. "Sorry, I'm just a merchandiser, I don't actually work here" sounds like amazing words. (I don't know which stores, but if one of my guesses is right, well I at least shop there enough to know which direction to point someone in.)

My #1 choice to try for again once leaving this last job and lucked out in spotting a fresh job listing for locations near me, so fingers crossed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote