The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Bishop is likely going to remain the antagonist for the entire rest of the series. Or reluctant ally, but it's harder to see IDW Bishop befriending the Turtles like the others due to how evil this one seems.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Bishop is likely going to remain the antagonist for the entire rest of the series. Or reluctant ally, but it's harder to see IDW Bishop befriending the Turtles like the others due to how evil this one seems.
The previous Bishop was human... or upgraded human.

This Bishop is a robot or android wearing a meat suit. No inner humanity that can be reached and nurtured. No better nature to appeal to.

He's programmed. Mutants are a menace. They must be destroyed. End program.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

What if the real John Bishop is still alive but in captivity or stasis somewhere, and was replaced by this cyborg with an extreme worldview? That way we get evil Bishop and then later on good Bishop without coming off as such a massive face-heel turn, and puts a twist on the Utrom Bishop from the 2012 series.

Who knows, anything is possible.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #24
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
What if the real John Bishop is still alive but in captivity or stasis somewhere, and was replaced by this cyborg with an extreme worldview? That way we get evil Bishop and then later on good Bishop without coming off as such a massive face-heel turn, and puts a twist on the Utrom Bishop from the 2012 series.

Who knows, anything is possible.
Agent Bishop very well could have been John Bishop Sr. who had his work continued by a clone who had him killed. We don't know all the details from the #67-#70 arc yet.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Bishop Sr never had an actual kid. Or he did, and kid was killed by aliens so he created an artificial replacement.

It sounds like answers are forthcoming in the near future, so we'll see soon enough...
Old 07-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #26
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

At this point, we might as well just look at them as some kind of...horrible, twisted Geppetto and Pinocchio .

But yeah, I'm starting to agree that Bishop was never human. At first, I figured he may have had some horrible accident in the same vein as Honeycutt or Donatello, but now I'm not so sure.

He is absolutely "programmed". It's just a question of if he knows or not.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:24 PM   #27
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
At this point, we might as well just look at them as some kind of...horrible, twisted Geppetto and Pinocchio .

But yeah, I'm starting to agree that Bishop was never human. At first, I figured he may have had some horrible accident in the same vein as Honeycutt or Donatello, but now I'm not so sure.

He is absolutely "programmed". It's just a question of if he knows or not.
Well, he definitely knows he doesn't need to breathe

But that's all we know
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Thanks.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:45 PM   #29
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

My foot Techicians made him to kill the turltes. Didnt you realize it yet?! After i saw that the human 2003 Bishop and the 2012 Utrom Bishop became friends with the turltes i decided to create a robot Bithop with the fighting skills of the other Bishops to kill and destroy all mutants and turtles!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Well that was a fun start!

My favorite segments were definitely with the "U-Tube" guy. He was fun.

I didn't expect that Wingnut and Screwloose wouldn't last the mini series, but those Time Lords are probably going to fvck up everything by leaving everything behind. I am a little confused by them, though. Are they aliens or mutants? Or...mutant aliens?

Bebop head tiny little cloven feets this whole time, apparently. And was somehow able to keep them in his boots?
Old 08-01-2018, 01:03 PM   #31
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
Well that was a fun start!

My favorite segments were definitely with the "U-Tube" guy. He was fun.

I didn't expect that Wingnut and Screwloose wouldn't last the mini series, but those Time Lords are probably going to fvck up everything by leaving everything behind. I am a little confused by them, though. Are they aliens or mutants? Or...mutant aliens?

Bebop head tiny little cloven feets this whole time, apparently. And was somehow able to keep them in his boots?
Spoiler:
I think Wingnut and Screwloose are mutants, they're just really confused. After all, they were in the reject storage.

What I'm more curious about, is wheter or not Bebop and Rocksteady are reverting due to the timeline alterations.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #32
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Agreed.

I was actually pretty confused when the Time Lords came around saying that WN&SL were going to be put in stasis tanks in a lab that will "burn in a few weeks".

I thought they were referring to Stockgen, putting the story a year or so ago in the timeline because of their junking around with time, only to remember that Ravenwood was referring to the Triceraton invasion at some point, and that they did get back to their original time in the end. Even if they took a car from an alternate future with them.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like how they kept their dementia, actually believing some huge hunk of metal building was going to carry them into space. And the "plankton-chip" stuff taken directly from Archie. I really like their designs in this series too, I think we might see them again if that line about them being in a lab in a few days means anything.

As for Bebop/Rocksteady, pretty funny they're reverting back to humans. I mean I expect them to be full mutants again by the time the mini ends, but it's nice to see something we've never seen with their characters before. I also like how Bebop/Rocksteady are the few humans who actually *like* being mutants, whereas all other humans consider themselves freaks when they get mutated. It's a nice aspect of Bebop/Rocksteady that I'm glad is kept here, they like being mutants over "stupid humans."

The humor was on point in this issue too, along with the art, made it fun to read which is what a Bebop/Rocksteady-centric story should be. Funnily enough Bebop/Rocksteady decided to become "heroes" in their last appearance in the Nick cartoon, so this seems something similar to that.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm just gonna come out and say it: Wingnut & Screwloose were f***ing amazing! Easily my favorite incarnation ever of one of my favorite TMNT characters! That rock through the windshield was sooo cool! And the mentions of Huanu... OMFG, the nostalgia! And there's still a bunch of ways they can return.

Was that Savanti Romero at the end? Or someone/something else?
Old 08-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm a little disappointed they died so quick.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Savanti Romero too. He did have some designs shown at SDCC.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think that was the end of them at all.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, I didn't expect the first issue of this miniseries to be so great. Bates and Weaver freaking own Bebop and Rocksteady, they really get this version of the characters. I lover how already everything is turned up to 11. The only thing I'm not completely sold on yet is Ravenwood. Like, how many EPF employees are gonna turn out to be enhanced humans or not even human at all?? But I'll wait and see what else is revealed in the coming issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As for Bebop/Rocksteady, pretty funny they're reverting back to humans. I mean I expect them to be full mutants again by the time the mini ends, but it's nice to see something we've never seen with their characters before. I also like how Bebop/Rocksteady are the few humans who actually *like* being mutants, whereas all other humans consider themselves freaks when they get mutated. It's a nice aspect of Bebop/Rocksteady that I'm glad is kept here, they like being mutants over "stupid humans."
Bebop and Rocksteady are furries, confirmed
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #38
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, if that's the situation, Bishop really, really needs to get his foot out of his mouth. Especially since he's not really human himself.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #39
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Eh. I've never been a fan of Wingnut and Screwloose, and this didn't change my opinion. Too weird. Wish they'd been a little more grounded. Same actually for Ravenwood... her proportions are way too bizarre.

Loved Razzmatazz, though.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Eh. I've never been a fan of Wingnut and Screwloose, and this didn't change my opinion. Too weird. Wish they'd been a little more grounded. Same actually for Ravenwood... her proportions are way too bizarre.
The genius of their IDW incarnation is, I feel, that you're left unsure if they were actually telling the truth as far as being aliens is concerned or if they're just insane. You always knew what's what in previous iterations, but not here.

And have I mentioned how much I loved that rock-through-the-windshield nod to their first appearance in the Archie series?