The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

X-Files returning again...

yep...that's right folks. We're getting another season. This time Mulder and Scully are back for 10 eps! Filming starts this summer for either a fall or winter run.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/x-files-com...231521915.html
Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

The X-Files was pretty great but there were a lot of missteps. The longer it went on the worse it got, I know I don't even have to go into the seasons where Mulder and Scully are just guest-stars. The way that what started out as such a simple story became so convoluted is frustrating, but I guess it's understandable given how many seasons the show ended up doing.

I'll give another season a shot, but I'm totally going to skip any episodes that tie-into the overarching plot. Just give me a monster-of-the-week and I'm happy.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
The X-Files was pretty great but there were a lot of missteps. The longer it went on the worse it got, I know I don't even have to go into the seasons where Mulder and Scully are just guest-stars.
There was only one season where they were guest-stars... season 9. Mulder left at end of 7, end Scully was a main through all of 8.

Quote:
The way that what started out as such a simple story became so convoluted is frustrating, but I guess it's understandable given how many seasons the show ended up doing.
I think it's sort of the Lost thing where they really didn't have a full plan to start with and sort of just kept making it up as they went.

Quote:
I'll give another season a shot, but I'm totally going to skip any episodes that tie-into the overarching plot. Just give me a monster-of-the-week and I'm happy.
I'm sure it'll structurally be like the 6 episode season 10. First and last episode are about the alien conspiracy plot, the rest are all monster-of-the-week type stuff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
sdp
-

I marathoned X-Files before season 10 came out and it does indeed start getting worse, at least the mythology episodes, they kept making stuff up as they went and not cool stuff. The show had already jumped the shark way before the new agents showed up or Mulder left. It's a shame too since so much could've been done with the concept, hell I was surprised you actually see the flippin aliens in the first episode.

I still love the show with all its faults and while I haven't seen season 10 I want more X-Files. It's really something hard to remake, it came out at the right time. I would still love if they made a new series with Mulder and Scully passing the torch as was speculated when we first heard rumors for season 10.

Smoking man rocks.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You know what's highly underrated? The Lone Gunmen TV show that lasted 1 season. Really good.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You know what's highly underrated? The Lone Gunmen TV show that lasted 1 season. Really good.
Yeah, I really like that show. It had a different vibe to it, but it still had a bit of an edge, and it was well written. I was disappointed when they whacked those guys in the final season of the X-Files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I marathoned X-Files before season 10 came out and it does indeed start getting worse,
I'm watching them all now. It does get worse, but I was surprised at how long it took to get good. Most of season 1 is pretty wonky.

Last edited by ProactiveMan; 04-20-2017 at 11:52 PM.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote