The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

What would a mayor of Mutant Town even be able to accomplish?

Is anyone else at a loss as to why an elected leader would solve anything? An elected leader isn't magically going to have more resources to work with than Hob. It doesn't matter who votes and who they vote for, they're still going to be stuck inside a wall patrolled by armed guards and under an actual mayor who considers them more of a scientific curiousity. How would the EPF or Stockman the least bit more compelled to listen to them than Hob? Not to mention that lack of existing infrastructure means Hob could just ignore the results of the election and keep ruling through violence.

The only way I'm seeing this working is if the election happens, nothing gets better (possibly it gets even worse) and the characters admit it was a futile attempt.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:04 PM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well for one thing, i think sally would have a group of people to to work with her and the fact she has connections through the turtles, april, and maybe mona. for all we know mona might still have friends from collage that can help.

another thing is the thought that people on the outside might think sally can be negotiable and reasonable unlike hob who thinks he needs no help and wants to remain independent.

heck, i said on a current discussion they might even get a billionaire looking to get a good tax cut making a charitable donation to mutant town.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Nobody is even bringing up Raph's complicity and they never will so we might as well forget that part. But I don't want to. It's a missed opportunity for...something.

Hob has leverage against the Turtles, he knows Raphael helped him create that bomb. If he has the ability to spread that word around nobody would trust the turtles anymore. Which would cripple them greatly.

There isn't much a mayor could accomplish in these circumstances. If Hob was not the antagonist his duties would only be to fairly distribute food and train up some kind of police force. If Sally becomes mayor that is all she could do too. Its not like she can open parlay with the outside world and expect people to listen, Mutant Town has nothing to offer. And humans on the outside already think the people within the walls have lost their humanity.

But for the sake of argument, a mayor would do their best to keep the mutated citizens of new york alive and not allow them to kill each other. Keep society from imploding into chaos. With maybe not complete success. In the meantime, Sally would task the Turtles to leave mutant town to find null and get a cure. Sweating bullets because time is of the essence, people are dying. I'd argue Sally shouldn't be mayor, she needs to go with the turtles as she has the best chance of leading them to a solution.

Maybe split them up, have 2 turtles hang back to be "sheriffs" of Mutant Town. While the others go to get information out of Null. That way the dojo actually has a purpose, because they are training up law enforcement. And not just kids and random people who kinda sorta wanted to learn karate but never had time for it.

The sudden inclusion of a time travel plot makes it feel like the writers had no idea where to go with Mutant Town. But I still have my fingers crossed because of Rat King.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 02-14-2021 at 05:07 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

This is what I have been saying since it all started.Answer: Nothing. There is no legal recognition of any such office therefore its illegitimate. I know I keep beating that point home, but where is the government be it Mayor Baxter or FBI or Cuomo? Yes, Baxter Stockman is arrogant, egotistical and out for himself and a villain above all, but legally he is the mayor of Mutant Town which is in New York City,not whoever wins this 'election'. The media should have been covering the helicopter crash yet conveniently were snooping around in the roid rage Madame Null caused in a random mutant citizen which would not have created the same high level of attention to the outside area that the helicopter crash did.

The second question I keep shouting is, why are they not tooling night and day working on a cure with Donatello leading the effort? The plots suffer when agenda come first! Not just that, but would the government not have taken samples of the Mutagen bomb to analyze and try to reverse engineer? We cannot eradicate the Coronavirus, but look at how fast we have made multiple vaccines to combat it? In the world of fiction why can they not find an outright reverse engineer for a made up condition as in the mutation?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 02-14-2021 at 05:38 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:52 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm amused by the idea of Sally Pride becoming the Mayor of Mutant Town. a mutant who is literally a Lion. a species often known to be the king of the jungle ruling over a land. So I'm all for it.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

In-story, realistically, a Mutant Town Mayor will accomplish however much (or little) the plot needs to accomplish. If it were IRL? Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
We cannot eradicate the Coronavirus, but look at how fast we have made multiple vaccines to combat it? In the world of fiction why can they not find an outright reverse engineer for a made up condition as in the mutation?
You're fooling yourself if you think we came up with these many vaccines for the China virus out of the goodness of our hearts. Deep down, it's because this virus could come for us or our closest loved ones at any moment if we don't take precautions to combat it. Now compare and contrast that to an affliction that is not only not contagious but also localized to a couple of blocks in a single city in a single country and affects only a few thousand people at best... Yeah, no one in the world at large's gonna give a flying f*ck about it. Not when there's no chance of it knocking on their door. Humans are selfish beasts.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

The second question I keep shouting is, why are they not tooling night and day working on a cure with Donatello leading the effort? The plots suffer when agenda come first! Not just that, but would the government not have taken samples of the Mutagen bomb to analyze and try to reverse engineer? We cannot eradicate the Coronavirus, but look at how fast we have made multiple vaccines to combat it? In the world of fiction why can they not find an outright reverse engineer for a made up condition as in the mutation?
Coronavirus affects the entire planet, maybe one city block got affected by Hob's mutagen bomb.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:15 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
In-story, realistically, a Mutant Town Mayor will accomplish however much (or little) the plot needs to accomplish. If it were IRL? Eh.

You're fooling yourself if you think we came up with these many vaccines for the China virus out of the goodness of our hearts. Deep down, it's because this virus could come for us or our closest loved ones at any moment if we don't take precautions to combat it. Now compare and contrast that to an affliction that is not only not contagious but also localized to a couple of blocks in a single city in a single country and affects only a few thousand people at best... Yeah, no one in the world at large's gonna give a flying f*ck about it. Not when there's no chance of it knocking on their door. Humans are selfish beasts.
My point here is to point out that a collective group can come up with a solution to reverse the effects. I don't understand why it's not the dominant plotline. These people need to be cured not have protest and hold elections.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #9
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
My point here is to point out that a collective group can come up with a solution to reverse the effects. I don't understand why it's not the dominant plotline. These people need to be cured not have protest and hold elections.
Yes, you do. Asked the question and provided the answer. We're stuck with this progressive crap, sadly, instead of storylines normal people would enjoy.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:06 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Reminder that Sally's last name is "pride."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Reminder that Sally's last name is "pride."
Yep. She will start a pride to help run Mutant Town. Because that's what Lions do.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

Sure. A plotline based on a goddamn play on words is better than a plotline where characters actually behave logically and events play out in a realistic fashion where everyone isn't a complete f*cking idiot. Right.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote