The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Tokka vs The World
Awww Raph loves Chompy so much. 18 42.86%
Poor Mikey, Raph does not like the 2014 movie. 14 33.33%
Donnie: Eenie meenie miney mo, catch a Tiger Claw by the toe. 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #41
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Must suck hating on someone that did an identical scene better with more emphasis on the Turtles' comraderie and identity rather than a quick throwaway jab that makes their incarnation's Turtles look like d!cks.
Looks like someone can't take a joke. Lighten up.

Good episode overall.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am confused. Did it air or not? I didn't see it pop up on my DVR. Its set to record any new episodes of TMNT 2012. I am at church when new episodes air so I wouldn't know.
Yes, it aired. TMNT > Church anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

한국말 할 줄 아니?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #44
THGhost
Puppet Master

It's good to have this show back at last to finish the season off through February. Lookin' forward to watching it.

Why did this episode and the next one air in December in South Korea? That's nuts.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:23 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because Nick held these episodes back for 2 months for some reason. All of Season 4 should have ended by late December.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #46
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I enjoyed the episode quit a bit until the ending.
It just seems odd to me that Tokka wouldn't just take the baby and leave regardless of seeing how much Raph loves her baby.
I mean of course them doing this is going to add another level to Raphs character.
But it almost makes Tokkas trip to Earth seem a bit pointless.
I think my favorite thing about the episode was seeing Bishop back and all of the Kraang Technology being used by the government.
Regardless I'm very happy that the show is back.
I can't wait for the next episode, should be a great one!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #47
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

I will just catch it on the internet tomorrow since it wasn't advertised and didn't
tape. We already now how it all ends anyway.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #48
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
You heathen!!! May the powers of Christ compel you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
http://facepalm.motifake.com/image/d...1259858393.jpg

I will just catch it on the internet tomorrow since it wasn't advertised and didn't
tape. We already now how it all ends anyway.
*still waiting*
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #49
TMNTInsighter
Banned

While this is definitely a contender for best episode of the season alongside "Darkest Plight" and "Cosmic Ocean", I found myself not caring that it aired. This whole hiatus mess; Nines, Vicky, etc. acting like a bunch of babies about us talking about the international airing; Jester going full blown tyrant over the whole thing like it wasn't much ado about zero; etc. etc. absolutely ruined it. That being said...

"Tokka vs the World" is surprisingly a wonderful character episode from all players involved: Raphael, Chompy, Casey, Bishop, even Tokka. In lesser hands, they would have followed the route many of us anticipated by including Slash and having him react to Raph's new pet and how he feels about him in accordance to the situation. Instead, they justified Raphael not only becoming Chompy's new guardian but Raph's care and attitude towards pets and those he cares for in general. The episode practically becomes a story of redemption for Raphael after what transpired in "Slash and Destroy." Gavin did a good job in "Slash and Destroy" as portraying Raphael as the (unintentional) villain of that piece, filling Slash's head with enough vitriol against his family, so that after Raph and his creation came to blows, it was time for Slash to leave and find his own way. This time, Gavin portrays Raph's more positive qualities--while also keeping mutagen at bay this time, including Raph being willing to give Chompy back to whom he belongs. While Bishop (who is always a joy to see) and the EPF play second fiddle in the story's long haul, they provide enough material to make this episode become reminiscent of the military vs aliens movies including "Independence Day" and "Godzilla" while also providing quite a few opportunities for the character of our protagonists to shine through such as Bishop turning on the EPF. That Tokka would be unwilling to take Chompy away from Raph against its baby's will or remove Raph as an obstacle from Chompy's affections towards her, also speaks very highly of her character. It gives Raphael's right to keep Chompy a lot of credibility. If only the Godzilla movies had this much character behind them. Overall Rating: B+ (4.5/5 stars)

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 02-05-2017 at 11:32 PM.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:28 AM   #50
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
This whole hiatus mess; Nines, Vicky, etc. acting like a bunch of babies about us talking about the international airing; Jester going full blown tyrant over the whole thing like it wasn't much ado about zero; etc. etc. absolutely ruined it. That being said...
Well, it was only fair so that those who didn't want to be spoiled to be able to frequent the season 4 thread without worrying over it. We had a thread for spoiler discussion which, imo, was a fair compromise since we didn't have any "official episode" threads to discuss them.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:31 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Well, it was only fair so that those who didn't want to be spoiled to be able to frequent the season 4 thread without worrying over it. We had a thread for spoiler discussion which, imo, was a fair compromise since we didn't have any "official episode" threads to discuss them.
Agreed. I literally don't understand what their issue is. Some of us wait for episodes to air properly.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:53 AM   #52
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"Someone get Bishop some hard liquor": The Episode.

Spoiler:
I'm kind of disappointed that the agreement between the Utroms and Earth Military went up in smoke within a single episode, though. But that's the way things go in this episode. The utilization of the Kraang ships and weaponry was great, and even the change from purple to blue was a pretty good touch. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I loved the amount of maturity Raphael showed, though. Practically an overflowing well of maturity. In earlier seasons, I think he would have stubbornly refused to give Chompy up, but the moment he saw Tokka was coming he basically said "Well, what must be done, be done, even though it makes me a little sad". And even in getting to keep him, he was still pretty graceful.

This is pretty much the kind of episode I like seeing in this iteration, and stands out among a lot of the lesser stories that drag it down.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #53
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
...Some of us wait for episodes to air properly.
Some of you are fools then. Had to be said.
Plus, you need to be more careful about what you say in this politically correct day and age. A Korean or some civil rights minded person would accuse you of referring to only the English language episode as 'proper.'
I mean, this is not an issue! Who cares if it's Korean, Spanish, English, or silent? It aired, we had access to it on the internet, we're viewers and consumers who were also being cheated by this stupid company, it's our right to talk about it! Some of us aren't going to wait up on you because you wouldn't take advantage of Korea and those who uploaded those episodes. Your issue is much ado about nothing and I, as a viewer and consumer, will continue to exercise my right of talking about this series and the TMNT however I please.

P.S. Utrommaniac, you didn't have to use spoiler tags (this time).
Old 02-06-2017, 01:16 AM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
Some of you are fools then. Had to be said.
Dude, what on earth is your problem? Because we didn't want to watch the eps in Korean we're "fools?" The hell? Didn't you get banned a few weeks ago for making arrogant posts like this?

I'm not going to watch a show in a foreign language. I had no problem waiting till now for the eps.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 AM   #55
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Jester, the head moderator here, is a disgrace! He goes after the wrong people, he caved when guys like you and Nines were acting like a bunch of foolish babies throwing temper tantrums over nothing, and he's a tyrant who makes the last three presidents (Bush, Obama, and Trump) seem fair in comparison. That's why I was on vacation the last couple of weeks and your recent posts show why you shouldn't be talking to Koreans, non-English speakers, or someone with civil rights on their minds.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:42 AM   #56
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

And with that, you just unlocked one of the secret final bosses.

Spoiler, it's me.

Looking through your post history you clearly have no interest in actual discussion of the series and you're acting beyond childish by attacking members and moderators alike. I'm leaving your final fate up to Jester who frequents here a lot more than I am able to these days, but for now you're banned.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:11 AM   #57
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm confused, since when was I acting like a baby, I watched the
Korean episodes

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:24 AM   #58
ToTheNines
[sic]

Edit: thanks GK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I'm confused, since when was I acting like a baby, I watched the
Korean episodes
He lost his **** when you politely asked everyone to be considerate of those of us that were holding out.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-06-2017 at 03:32 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:59 AM   #59
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Edit: thanks GK.

He lost his **** when you politely asked everyone to be considerate of those of us that were holding out.
This confused me too. Vicky was very polite. Cubed was slightly overbearing. ^^
Old 02-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #60
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Looks like someone can't take a joke. Lighten up.
I mean...I took this show pretty well for 2 seasons

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote