The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #241
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
You know, The only thing I'm taking away from this thread is that why are we looking at this show in retrospect when we have a FULL SEASON left?
Because it's the last season. Not one of many.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #242
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Because it's the last season. Not one of many.
Coola, it's time this thread ended and be locked. There's no purpose to it now and we both know this good and well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #243
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just don't click on it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #244
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Another thing I took away from this series is that its really inconsistent on the topic of revenge.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:14 PM   #245
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Another thing I took away from this series is that its really inconsistent on the topic of revenge.
I don’t think it was ambiguous. Think about it. Splinter never sought out Shredder because he strongly believed that revenge was pointless. Splinter seemed to give him an ample amount of chances to drop the unnecessary one-sided feud between them. If Splinter wanted to, he could’ve taken him out, but instead, he chose to incapacitate him by hitting all of his pressure points. He weakened him, and even then, it was in self-defense as he was about to stab him.

The case with the turtles finally taking out Shredder struck me as being a last resort since they were obviously planning on demutating him. It also felt like a last resort since, at this point, he was much too dangerous in his current form since he had a serious vendetta. It’s like their hands were forced and tied. Splinter came to Leonardo and let him know that Shredder was still alive. It’s like Mikey said, he could go after April’s father or Casey’s family (found it weird this was mentioned…foreshadowing maybe?), not to mention her, who was still in the hospital and wouldn’t have a chance of defending herself. Revenge was definitely more than likely sprinkled in there, but it still felt more like the Turtles were doing this to protect not only themselves, but those around them and those associated with them. It wasn’t for revenge alone…so yeah, this is why I didn’t feel that this message was ambiguous. Also, if it was solely for revenge, I don’t think they would’ve had Leo trying to get through to him regarding fate and stuff.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #246
CyberCubed
Overlord

I trust Ciro will wrap up nearly all the major plotlines of the show by the end of Season 5.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #247
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Coola, it's time this thread ended and be locked. There's no purpose to it now and we both know this good and well.
We still have a season to go that might open up new and interesting story ideas that might be worth repeating and updating for future incarnations.

Stop with the 'this thread must be locked' nonsense. Based on that logic all threads here should be locked after a few weeks except for possibly the introduction thread. But you might want that one locked too.

Back on topic- the reintroduction to a human Shredder that was still bad ass and very dangerous. For some reason many fans (or at least on this forum) thought that you just couldn't have a human Shredder without him being the goofball from the old series, that he couldn't pose a real threat, or that he had to be something other than human to keep that Mirage inspired decapitation scene because they would never do that with a human Shredder.

Well... now we got to see a bad ass and dangerous Shredder that is still human, without the need of making him a robot suit or a demon or whatever, and they even kept the decapitation scene. Hopefully later series will keep him as a human.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 02-28-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #248
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I don’t think it was ambiguous. Think about it. Splinter never sought out Shredder because he strongly believed that revenge was pointless. Splinter seemed to give him an ample amount of chances to drop the unnecessary one-sided feud between them. If Splinter wanted to, he could’ve taken him out, but instead, he chose to incapacitate him by hitting all of his pressure points. He weakened him, and even then, it was in self-defense as he was about to stab him.

You know I never really understood why Splinter thought leaving Shredder with his empire and resources alone was a good idea, by the time season 3 hit Splinter knew Shredder allied with the Krang(and helped turned New York into a quarantine zone), tried to create a mutant army, and turned his 16 year old daughter into a tykebomb. I really don't see how Splinter would have thought Saki would turnover a new leaf and stop his vendetta.

Quote:
The case with the turtles finally taking out Shredder struck me as being a last resort since they were obviously planning on demutating him. It also felt like a last resort since, at this point, he was much too dangerous in his current form since he had a serious vendetta. It’s like their hands were forced and tied. Splinter came to Leonardo and let him know that Shredder was still alive. It’s like Mikey said, he could go after April’s father or Casey’s family (found it weird this was mentioned…foreshadowing maybe?), not to mention her, who was still in the hospital and wouldn’t have a chance of defending herself. Revenge was definitely more than likely sprinkled in there, but it still felt more like the Turtles were doing this to protect not only themselves, but those around them and those associated with them. It wasn’t for revenge alone…so yeah, this is why I didn’t feel that this message was ambiguous. Also, if it was solely for revenge, I don’t think they would’ve had Leo trying to get through to him regarding fate and stuff.
If he was too dangerous in his current form then why didn't they at least try to find his hideout or steal some antimutagen weapons from the mob. Also again I have to point to the time when New York was quarantined where hundreds of people were probably either hurt or killed(a situation where Shredder was at least partly responsible). It all feels sort of last minute where they waited until the Shredder personally hurt them in a way they can't recover to actually do something, they(including Splinter) had numerous of chances to stop Shredder before he did something irredeemable but they waited until Splinter's death to actually do something.

Quote:
Revenge was definitely more than likely sprinkled in there, but it still felt more like the Turtles were doing this to protect not only themselves, but those around them and those associated with them. It wasn’t for revenge alone…so yeah, this is why I didn’t feel that this message was ambiguous. Also, if it was solely for revenge, I don’t think they would’ve had Leo trying to get through to him regarding fate and stuff.
Then again Leo did try to connect him when he was about to die so it comes off as a Leo not wanting to be killed by Shredder than giving Shredder another chance hell Leo even tries to kill Shredder when Shredder took what Leo had to say about him turning into a demon and actually thinking about it for a second.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:17 AM   #249
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It seems the gang is always content to just relax until whenever the Shredder does something instead of seeking him out to end it. The 80s cartoon did this a lot when they could have just gone to the technodrome one day and damage it for good. This show also has splinter train the turtles to be ready for next time, instead of making some kind of plan to take him down before there even is a next time.

But then again, most cartoons do that. Even though they know full well where the technodrome, snake mountain or the Legion of Doom is, the good guys never straight up go there and take the bad guys down once and for all. They'd rather just relax and wait until the bad guy strikes first with their evil plot of the week.

The IDW comics are the only ones I seen so far where they were making plans to stop shredder (and krang) once and for all, instead of sitting around waiting for the bad guys to do something first.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #250
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Karma is a huge concept in some Asian philosophy. So even though Shredder has no redeemable qualities the Turtles don't kill Shredder because they want him to be able to die with some honor as a warrior. Such as in the first mirage comic, the turtles defeat the Shredder to die with some honor by comitting seppuku. Shredder however chooses death without honor by pulling out a grenade.

If you actually look up Japanese Buddhist views of the afterlife it is like Dantes Inferno on steroids. And depending on the evil one has done the worst off they are.

For example in shows like dragon ball z and yu yu hakusho, where the dead character meets King Enma. King Enma is the 5th judge of the underworld.

The journey through the underworld is a less then pleasant one and it lasts for seven days. And following that journey you are judged and tried by several gods and demons before you are deamed worthy of entering heaven or sentanced to jigoku

Last edited by victory_angel; 03-01-2017 at 09:04 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #251
AquaParade
Banned

This show has been a great rendition of TMNT.

That being said, who better to hand the reigns to but to Genndy Tartakovsky?
Yes, the man behind Samurai Jack. He is returning to that show for one last season, but I really think Nickelodeon should reach out to him.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #252
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:

But then again, most cartoons do that. Even though they know full well where the technodrome, snake mountain or the Legion of Doom is, the good guys never straight up go there and take the bad guys down once and for all. They'd rather just relax and wait until the bad guy strikes first with their evil plot of the week.

The IDW comics are the only ones I seen so far where they were making plans to stop shredder (and krang) once and for all, instead of sitting around waiting for the bad guys to do something first.
I don't know even the 2k3 turtles were more proactive against Shredder(hell they even tried to attack his headquarters in the 1 season) also am I the only one who sort of finds it ironic that the more honor bound turtles were more proactive against Shredder meanwhile the pragmatic 2k12 turtles sort of took their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Yes, the man behind Samurai Jack. He is returning to that show for one last season, but I really think Nickelodeon should reach out to him.
I would kill for Genndy taking charge in adapting a new TMNT cartoon
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 AM   #253
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

Yeah, he's done some of my favorite animation of all time. I'll keep wishing.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #254
CyberCubed
Overlord

In a way it was kind of refreshing to have a series with tons of mutants, since both 2k3 and Mirage before this in the early 2000's barely had any mutants, and we got to see a lot of the old Fred Wolf and Playmates mutants reimagined.

Contrary to popular belief, prior to IDW and Nick, only the Archie series had tons of mutants constantly introduced. The original cartoon was very picky when they introduced new mutants, it was only once in a blue moon and then they rarely appeared.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:56 PM   #255
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

It's been a while since anything's been posted, but now that season 5's almost halfway done, I figured now would be a good time to revive this.

There's one thing I personally do not want to return as a takeaway: the romance, at least poorly written romance.

I have no problem with Casey and April, but most of the other relationships are just irritating. The only Turtle relationship I liked was Karai and Leo due to their banter and subtle hinting (until Broken Foot, that is). All the others leave a lot to be desired personally.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #256
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I have no problem with Casey and April, but most of the other relationships are just irritating. The only Turtle relationship I liked was Karai and Leo due to their banter and subtle hinting (until Broken Foot, that is). All the others leave a lot to be desired personally.
Out of curiosity what made you tolerated Casey and April's romance.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:13 PM   #257
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's always kinda tough to do romance right in a show that is mostly action oriented and mostly aimed at kids. Plus the show doesn't have enough female characters to go around, and whenever a new one is introduced they're always used a love interest. I don't think the series has a regular girl without one of the turtles swooning over them, with the exception of Irma, if that counts considering what she turns out to be. April, Karai, Renet, Mona Lisa, Shinigami, all either love interests of the turtles (Mikey) swoon over them. Did anyone oogle over Ninjara or was she finally the exception to the rule?

Old 07-01-2017, 01:15 AM   #258
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's always kinda tough to do romance right in a show that is mostly action oriented and mostly aimed at kids. Plus the show doesn't have enough female characters to go around, and whenever a new one is introduced they're always used a love interest. I don't think the series has a regular girl without one of the turtles swooning over them, with the exception of Irma, if that counts considering what she turns out to be. April, Karai, Renet, Mona Lisa, Shinigami, all either love interests of the turtles (Mikey) swoon over them. Did anyone oogle over Ninjara or was she finally the exception to the rule?
Not that I recall. To be honest, I never thought much of her being paired up with Raph. Same with Mona Lisa in this series. I find the characters cool because of their fighting skills and stuff. Who actually cares if one of the other characters find something attractive about said character?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:10 AM   #259
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

After so many years i killed Splinter! That the most important thing for this series. Now i will be killing him again and again on all the future series!! MUHAHAHHAHAHAAH
Old 07-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #260
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Out of curiosity what made you tolerated Casey and April's romance.
I'm not speaking of this series. I mean when it comes to romance, that's the only relationship I'm often okay with.

If poorly written, however, I do not enjoy it. In this series, they had some moments (Power Inside Her is the best example with Casey's facial reactions), but otherwise, nothing here. Same goes with the other relationships; they may be fine on paper, but not in execution.