The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #161
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Something's been bugging me since rewatching Season 4 from the start: Fugitoid mentioned that their space suits came with "alien language translators"

Does that mean that all the while, most of the space aliens weren't conversing with the turtles (and each other, for the matter) in English, but in their respective native language instead? While the language translators were performing two-way conversion for the turtles to seamlessly blend in to all the alien conversations?

And by aliens, I mean all of them including the Triceratons, the Salamandrians, the Utroms, the Aeons, Hiidrala, Lord Dregg, Armaggon, Wyrm, Bellybomb and all the other random aliens they met at Planet Varanon and Zayfod's Cantina. Of those, we know for sure that the Salamandrians also came equip with language translators (as Newtrailizer used it on earth before), the Utrom/Kraang suits have them too, and the Triceraton possibly have them as well (which explains Zog's ability to converse on earth). If you recall, the Triceratons' native alien language sounds like "whoop... whoop" as heard in their spaceship pilot communications, so they can't possibly converse with the turtles without a translator BEFORE the turtles met Fugitoid at the end of Annihilation Earth! Well... unless they learned English beforehand, like Kraang Prime/Sub-prime did

So, throughout the entire space arc, the turtles' language translators were in action which allowed the turtles (and us!) to hear all the dialogs in English, but they were really alien language in actual situation? What happens when multiple alien races converse at the same time? This is pretty mind-blowing if you truly think of it
Old 04-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #162
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

[QUOTE=evan2000;1679459]So, throughout the entire space arc, the turtles' language translators were in action which allowed the turtles (and us!) to hear all the dialogs in English, but they were really alien language in actual situation?QUOTE]

Yes. Just like in Doctor Who
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #163
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Here's my question, I haven't been able to watch any of the final season tales of Tmnt. Has there been any news of the first volume DVD release?
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #164
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSHADOW__210 View Post
Here's my question, I haven't been able to watch any of the final season tales of Tmnt. Has there been any news of the first volume DVD release?
First 4 episodes are on this one:

Fred Wolf 3 part crossover and Lone Rat and Cubs will be on this one out September 12:

Every episode that's aired is available digitally. Amazon/iTunes, etc.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #165
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Thanks ! The first 4 episodes being on the last volume is what confused me .
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 AM   #166
neatoman
Emperor

Any news about when the Mad Max arc is going to air, be released digitally or get a DVD? If we know that then we know when the show is effectively over.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:49 AM   #167
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Any news about when the Mad Max arc is going to air, be released digitally or get a DVD? If we know that then we know when the show is effectively over.
Nope, no news about that. However, Im guessing that since we're getting both the Crossover and the Monster Arcs this September on DVD, then it wont be long before the finale also comes out on DVD, I presume a month later, right before October finishes.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-18-2017 at 05:00 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #168
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm very confused right now with the order of season 5. If the show is over, why are there 7 more episodes scheduled to air? Why air the finale (Mutant Apocalypse) ahead of them? I haven't seen any of the other 7 and have no interest in buying DVDs for just a few episodes.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 09-28-2017 at 09:10 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #169
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I'm very confused right now with the order of season 5. If the show is over, why are there 7 more episodes scheduled to air? Why air the finale (Mutant Apocalypse) ahead of them? I haven't seen any of them and have no interest in buying DVDs for just a few episodes.
I can answer this one. Nick has aired season 5 mostly out of order except for the first arc. Here is the production order of how the episodes should've been aired:

I'll go in arcs rather than episodes unless you need the names of individual episodes.

1. Kavaxas arc - 4 episodes
2. "Lone Rat and Cubs" - 1 episode
3. Monster arc - 4 episodes
4. "When Worlds Collide" - 2 episodes
5. BnR crossover arc - 3 episodes
6. Usagi arc - 3 episodes
7. Future arc - 3 episodes

There is a slight carryover with continuity between the Usagi arc and the future arc that tells me the Usagi arc happened right before the future arc.

This is how they have been airing:

1. Kavaxas arc
2. "When Worlds Collide"
3. Usagi arc
4. "Lone Rat and Cubs"
5. Future arc
6. Monster arc
7. BnR crossover arc.

So, yeah. They have only aired one "Tale" in the correct order all season. 😕
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #170
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
I can answer this one. Nick has aired season 5 mostly out of order except for the first arc. Here is the production order of how the episodes should've been aired:

I'll go in arcs rather than episodes unless you need the names of individual episodes.

1. Kavaxas arc - 4 episodes
2. "Lone Rat and Cubs" - 1 episode
3. Monster arc - 4 episodes
4. "When Worlds Collide" - 2 episodes
5. BnR crossover arc - 3 episodes
6. Usagi arc - 3 episodes
7. Future arc - 3 episodes

There is a slight carryover with continuity between the Usagi arc and the future arc that tells me the Usagi arc happened right before the future arc.

This is how they have been airing:

1. Kavaxas arc
2. "When Worlds Collide"
3. Usagi arc
4. "Lone Rat and Cubs"
5. Future arc
6. Monster arc
7. BnR crossover arc.

So, yeah. They have only aired one "Tale" in the correct order all season. ��
Thanks a lot.

Any particular reason why Nick has done this? The only sense I can make out of this is that Nick wants to air the Monster arc around Halloween?

At least the 2 remaining arcs are going to be aired in order, according to the episode list on Wikipedia at least.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 09-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #171
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

Any particular reason why Nick has done this? The only sense I can make out of this is that Nick wants to air the Monster arc around Halloween?

At least the 2 remaining arcs are going to be aired in order, according to the episode list on Wikipedia at least.
Yeah, they wanted to air the monster arc around Halloween, but they have even gone back on that slightly with airing the first two episodes last night instead of waiting until actual October. Another episode airs next Wednesday then the final one isn't until early November. Then they're airing the BnR crossover as Nick's intended finale. I'm guessing they wanted the show to end on a lighter arc because the actual series finale is really dark.

Mind you, the rest of the series is airing on Nicktoons and not Nickelodeon. It's all very confusing because things keep changing. I absolutely HATE the way Nick has been treating this final season.

Last edited by Kit31; 09-28-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #172
THGhost
Puppet Master

Hmmm, Wikipedia says the last of the Monster arc airs on October 11th, not early November. The B&R "finale" is also apparently airing all at once on November 12th. This could all easily change though. I'll keep my eyes peeled around those dates.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #173
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Hmmm, Wikipedia says the last of the Monster arc airs on October 11th, not early November. The B&R "finale" is also apparently airing all at once on November 12th. This could all easily change though. I'll keep my eyes peeled around those dates.
No the 4th episode of the Monster Arc airs on November 5th but don't no if it's Nickelodeon or Nicktoons

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...rShow&desc=off

The Crossover Arc airs on November 12th on Nickelodeon.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #174
THGhost
Puppet Master

Thanks, Vicky. I had a feeling Wikipedia couldn't be trusted.

If this season was one big storyline I'd be kinda annoyed that I've seen the finale already, but since it isn't, I don't really mind.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:47 AM   #175
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:

If this season was one big storyline I'd be kinda annoyed that I've seen the finale already, but since it isn't, I don't really mind.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust Wikipedia. Especially with updated information. Zap2It is a much more reliable source. I have used it since this series began. They have been really accurate for the most part, but even they have had to edit their schedule within the last couple weeks because Nick kept changing its mind on the airing order. 🙄
Old 09-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #176
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

I'm glad that the Mutant Apocalypse isn't airing as the final, it was alright but it had some issues, so it didn't feel like a final to me.

It's good that the crossover arc is the final now because a lot of characters are in it and the ICK song is at the end.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #177
THGhost
Puppet Master

I agree, Vicky. A lot of characters were missing with little to no explanation as to what happened to them. Reminds me of Logan actually, all the X-Men were dead with basically zero explanation.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #178
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
I agree, Vicky. A lot of characters were missing with little to no explanation as to what happened to them. Reminds me of Logan actually, all the X-Men were dead with basically zero explanation.
It wasn't just that. All 4 turtles should of been in it from start to finish, I also didn't like they were separated for years and years. There should have been more explanation of the Mutagen Bomb and I wasn't keen on old age Mikey.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #179
THGhost
Puppet Master

I wasn't keen on old age Mikey either, he'd lost that certain charm that Mikey has always had.

So the Mutagen bomb isn't explained in any of the other episodes? It just comes out of nowhere? That's a shame.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #180
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I wasn't keen on old age Mikey either, he'd lost that certain charm that Mikey has always had.

So the Mutagen bomb isn't explained in any of the other episodes? It just comes out of nowhere? That's a shame.
Well, even though I'd criticise the logic behind this mutagen bomb, it's not like concept came out of nowhere, remember mid-season 3?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote