The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-14-2017, 08:42 PM   #21
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I just find it astounding that since Trump has taken office, the media has had the most bias with him than with anyone else. Look at the sh*t Obama did during his term and nobody ever questioned him on anything. But here's Trump and they want to scrutinize everything he does and everything he says. It's like they have nothing better to do than to obsess over him.
I'm going to wait for people to attack you like the do me for this... but I'm not holding my breath....

And just in case that troll pops up, I voted 3rd party not for Trumpkins.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I just find it astounding that since Trump has taken office, the media has had the most bias with him than with anyone else. Look at the sh*t Obama did during his term and nobody ever questioned him on anything. But here's Trump and they want to scrutinize everything he does and everything he says. It's like they have nothing better to do than to obsess over him.

well if Trump wasn't such an incompetent moron maybe the news would back off. but instead he is the laughing stock of the world

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 09-14-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 AM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
This is astoundingly incorrect.
But a fabulous troll.

I would give it a 9/10.
Well, maybe the cable news did, but most of the other news outlets never said anything bad about Obama and just let him do what he wanted as far as I could tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Fox News tried calling him out a lot and Obama actually criticized them for it while MSNBC and CNN were on his side.
I don't watch those channels, but this definitely doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I'm going to wait for people to attack you like the do me for this... but I'm not holding my breath....

And just in case that troll pops up, I voted 3rd party not for Trumpkins.
Well, they're trying to attack me, but they aren't doing a very good job at it. I don't care though. You know people on here are extremely one-sided in their opinions and if you don't conform to them, they'll just hate you.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #24
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I think that's the closest I've ever seen you come to admitting you were wrong, Larry.

I'm impressed.

It would be interesting to see people of all political flavors take the time to dissect an opinion written on a specific byline. Really dig in with scientific rigour.

I mean I'm as liberal Progressive as they come, but even I will fully admit CNN is to blame for cable news being front and center in the pundit market.

If we're not going to really care about countries outside of the United States, there's only so much news to go around and so CNN had to start padding their 24-hour news cycle.

That led to a lot of other cable news networks doing the same thing but with pundits from other areas of the political Spectrum.

Making matters worse is the fact that websites turn a profit for every click that they get. There are some I just refuse to visit, because I don't want to contribute to their profit margin, but it's really hard to provide peer review and other way.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 09-15-2017 at 08:38 AM.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:05 AM   #25
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Never said I was wrong, but think what you want because you just hear what you want to hear. I just said that maybe cable news criticized him, but I know NBC never did. I watch the Today Show and all I hear is scrutiny about Trump all over that place and probably over all the other big media outlets too. With Obama, I never heard that in his entire term. They worshiped him even though he did wrong.

You can keep trying to attack me, but you won't win. I'm just laughing at your little barbs.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #26
plastroncafe

Reading is fundamental.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Clark Kent and Peter Parker have seriously compromised journalistic credibility. Consider all the stories they've done on their costumed alter-egos. It's a clear conflict of interest. They make their own news and then they make a career covering those same events from a supposedly objective point of view. And Lois Lane has been known to be romantically involved with both Kent and Superman.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Clark Kent and Peter Parker have seriously compromised journalistic credibility. Consider all the stories they've done on their costumed alter-egos. It's a clear conflict of interest. They make their own news and then they make a career covering those same events from a supposedly objective point of view. And Lois Lane has been known to be romantically involved with both Kent and Superman.
Huh.
You're onto something there.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #29
plastroncafe

Okay, in light of these very legit concerns, does this mean the Daily Bugle and Daily Planet aren't credible as a result?

And what of April and Channel 6?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #30
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

"Fish rots from the head down" comes to mind. Accountability on the largest possible scale is important, but so is personal accountability.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #31
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
OH!
You don't know the difference between journalists and pundits.
It all makes sense now!
...And apparently you don't seem to understand the insinuations of a network's bias when a majority of the invited pundits clearly support one side or another, and present a majority of stories (especially if they are conjecture) that support one side or another, while under the guise of pretending to be unbiased.

In addition to selectively editing their news clips to support a predetermined narrative...

...But then again, that would be actually assuming you do keep track of these nuances in news on different networks. ...Which may not be a strength of yours.

Quote:
CNN President Jeffrey Zucker tried to dispel his network's liberal reputation in a Tuesday interview with Variety's Ramin Setoodeh. Zucker underlined that "if everybody is a little upset at the end of the day, we're probably doing our job." Setoodeh spotlighted that "part of that job, per Zucker's mandate, also has been to make CNN feel fair to viewers in red states." He added that "Zucker...tries to keep the coverage impartial. 'I think our air, as opposed to others', is truly fair and balanced,' Zucker says."
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...r-and-balanced
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #32
plastroncafe

Hooray!
More random youtube clips created by folks with no credentials to watch!

Ballsy of you to link to something from the Disintergrator unit though.
I'll give you that much.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I wrote an article on how the term FAKE NEWS evolved over time from the beginning of the presidential race to know, if anyone is interested. Feedback is appreciated.

In other more amusing news, anyone remember the episode of Bart pretending to be a kid that got stuck in a well and it turned out to be FAKE NEWS? Life imitates art, after the earthquake that hit Mexico City one of the television stations created a story about a little girl waiting to be rescued, it even made international news, yesterday (thursday) the channel spent hours reporting on who this little girl was that they were trying to save from the rubble and the hours of trying to get to her, heck when there were moments of silence at the scene, even the reporters in the studio remained silent as if they were there to add to the effect and this story moved the nation. FAKE NEWS. Today the company kept doing damage report after creating this huge story of a little girl that didn't exist. This is only a brief synopsis of what happened but boy oh boy was it one hot mess.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #34
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hooray!
More random youtube clips created by folks with no credentials to watch!

Ballsy of you to link to something from the Disintergrator unit though.
I'll give you that much.
If you believe posting the actual news clips of what CNN presents compared to what other sources and clips documenting the same incident isn't worth investigating (even comparing CNN's own earlier news reports and viewpoints), then by all means, enjoy the one-sided information presented to you by the corporate news media plastroncafe. The mainstream news already has so much credence from the accuracy of the last election...

By your response, it wouldn't be surprising if you weren't aware of a federal judge ruling that a hospital's CEO defamation lawsuit against CNN can move forward:
Quote:
On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans ruled that the case could move forward, even ruling that she found that CNN may have acted with “actual malice” with the report — a standard necessary to prove a defamation claim.

“The Court finds these allegations sufficient to establish that CNN was acting recklessly with regard to the accuracy of its report, i.e., with ‘actual malice,” the order reads. CNN had tried to get the case dismissed.
https://lawnewz.com/uncategorized/ho...lse-reporting/

As for the link to the Disintegrator Unit, I wouldn't say it's ballsy, I would just say it's a possible personality trait of yours here on the forums.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

CNN has officially become... the "Cuckold News Network"?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...n-couples.html
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:26 PM   #36
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
CNN has officially become... the "Cuckold News Network"?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...n-couples.html
Sees the Article is from faux news the biggest Fake News station ever
Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Sees the Article is from faux news the biggest Fake News station ever
It's about the same and as biased as MSNBC these days.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote