The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #361
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

One of my stores in Chicagoland finally got these, but I must have been a day late, because only Raph/Mikey sets remained (yet 4/5 of each). I grabbed one of each and now the hunt continues. Guy working at the store said the sets "with Shredder" moving faster, yet some collector friends thought it was the Foot packs moving due to army-building. I imagine the hunt will end eventually, but if Coro is reading, and you're by some miracle able to snag Leo and Don, I'd be happy to buy from you. Will keep everybody posted. This is one of those fun/frustrating hunts!

Incidentally, same "Rise" phenomenon seen here too: my closest Walmart got a case each of the battle shells and the villain wave 2 in early December (when I got mine) and only once have I seen even remnants (a lone Raph B-shell at a Target). Hopefully by August we'll see some new stuff!

UPDATE (April 30, 2019, 8PMCDT): Another Target that hadn't had these out this past Saturday now had them, two of each, but no Leo/Shredder sets. So, down to one left to find. Somewhat hopeful now!

Last edited by CrookedNinjaTurtleGang; 05-01-2019 at 08:46 AM.
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:08 AM   #362
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedNinjaTurtleGang View Post
One of my stores in Chicagoland finally got these, but I must have been a day late, because only Raph/Mikey sets remained (yet 4/5 of each). I grabbed one of each and now the hunt continues. Guy working at the store said the sets "with Shredder" moving faster, yet some collector friends thought it was the Foot packs moving due to army-building. I imagine the hunt will end eventually, but if Coro is reading, and you're by some miracle able to snag Leo and Don, I'd be happy to buy from you. Will keep everybody posted. This is one of those fun/frustrating hunts!

Incidentally, same "Rise" phenomenon seen here too: my closest Walmart got a case each of the battle shells and the villain wave 2 in early December (when I got mine) and only once have I seen even remnants (a lone Raph B-shell at a Target). Hopefully by August we'll see some new stuff!

UPDATE (April 30, 2019, 8PMCDT): Another Target that hadn't had these out this past Saturday now had them, two of each, but no Leo/Shredder sets. So, down to one left to find. Somewhat hopeful now!

Just saw this. I have a convention this weekend and if my last 2 remaining sets dont sell I will break a set and sell you a Leo/Shredder. I will also keep an eye out for more.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #363
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Just saw this. I have a convention this weekend and if my last 2 remaining sets dont sell I will break a set and sell you a Leo/Shredder. I will also keep an eye out for more.
Thanks, Chad. That is awesome of you! Thanks for keeping me in mind. At first the notion of that particular set being the one to sell-out fastest didn't add-up as it seemed most of us want one or two sets or that plus some combination of extra foot, but then it dawned on me that, if one walked into the store with less than $100 to blow on these, this would be the set to walk away with! I'll keep up the hunt in the meantime too and will send word here. Thanks again! Ah, St. Louis, so ToyMan show must be in there somewhere for the weekend!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:55 PM   #364
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

Finally found these in Boston, Ma. I am looking for the Shredder/Leonardo set to complete my collection. If anyone is selling these for retail price let me know.

IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:38 AM   #365
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I can POSSIBLY get you one but you will still have to cover shipping.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #366
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Not sure if anyone has shared this yet, but the 2-packs are now available through Zavvi.com here: https://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search...l2:Merchandise
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #367
Otter
Stone Warrior

Finally caved on these and ordered the set from popcultcha.

I like the look of Bebop and Rocksteady, but hope I'm not too tempted by others in the future (that said, Splinter would be a must, and I'm weirdly keen on an April (it'sthe yellow jumpsuit and the curves)).

It would be a shame if toon turtles outnumbered my Mirage and 1990 film collection.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #368
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Does anybody know why NECA doesn't just sell through Target? You know so it would be part of their system. You could check stock online and target could restock when empty. I'm not criticizing. Just wondering.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:12 AM   #369
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I still have not seen these in my local stores
Old 06-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #370
mikey0
Foot Elite

Leonardo and Shredder seem to be the rarest 2-pack set. I wonder when NECA will release a Splinter and April 2-pack. The NECA FW turtles seem outnumbered by the Foot. I’m still surprised that FW Casey Jones and Baxter Stockman were not made before FW Slash.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:25 AM   #371
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I may travel around here in Florida and see if any are available while on vavation
Old 07-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #372
Coro
Mad Scientist

Still have 2 complete sets remaining. Shoot me a message over on my website for the discount code to get setup for a dromer. 260-ish shipped for the full set. Will no longer separate.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #373
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Anyone have any idea when the 2nd wave will be released?
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #374
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Anyone have any idea when the 2nd wave will be released?
September-ish. I expect we'll get confirmation at SDCC in 2 weeks.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #375
Btown
Hench Mutant

I still have yet to see these in my area
Btown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #376
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
September-ish. I expect we'll get confirmation at SDCC in 2 weeks.
Thanks! I'll keep my eyes and ears open.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #377
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
I still have yet to see these in my area
Neither have I. I really want to get them all!!
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:19 AM   #378
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Still have 2 complete sets remaining. Shoot me a message over on my website for the discount code to get setup for a dromer. 260-ish shipped for the full set. Will no longer separate.
If you are planning on carrying the 2nd wave I'd prefer to buy online instead of running 50 minutes to the closest Target to only be disappointed.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:01 AM   #379
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
If you are planning on carrying the 2nd wave I'd prefer to buy online instead of running 50 minutes to the closest Target to only be disappointed.

These are target exclusives so I dont actually get to "carry" them, but I hunt and I have quite a few ppl in the local area that help me. Rest assured I will be grabbing as many BB/RS sets as I can and selling to dromers as close to cost as possible. I want 2 myself, cause I'm stupid like that.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #380
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Count me in as someone who has yet to see the TMNT 2-packs in a local Target store. It truly bums me out because I frequent Target quite a bit, so not seeing them appear on shelves makes me feel pretty defeated. However, I already own all the figures. If I had seen a Shredder/Leo set in person, I would have most likely caved and bought it for the packaging.

If my Target never releases the newer sets NECA has on the way, I will most likely come to you, Coro. Everything that was teased are must-haves for me.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote