The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you like Carter?
Yes 12 52.17%
No 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 05:05 PM   #21
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior
 
Yabuturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
It's in general considered the worst among the three last seasons, yes. Not the worst of the entire series.
They say that but I think most say it because it was the most different, and as we know, very few people can handle any sort of change whatsoever. It was the only time Dimension X was never mentioned, or Shredder and Krang, the art style changed, the new villain came out, Other characters from before like Vernon, Irma and Burne never showed up again or Casey Jones. There were a lot of changes but I didn't mind most of them. I think they were better than the really silly stuff we saw in season 4 and 5.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
mentioned, or Shredder and Krang, the art style changed, the new villain came out, Other characters from before like Vernon, Irma and Burne never showed up again or Casey Jones.
Were any of those characters even mentioned?
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #23
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 426
No they weren't. This takes place two years or so after Turtle Trek. April was a freelance reporter. That one stock reporter from Channel Six did make onscreen and VO appearances in Seasons 9 and 10 however.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
No they weren't. This takes place two years or so after Turtle Trek.
It was was the tenth season that took place two years later, not the ninth. So it's easy to assume assume that took place one year after the eight season.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #25
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 426
I'm not sure I agree. I was looking storywise, not real time. For us, it was a year between seasons; but you never know how much time has passed for the characters.

By the end of the ninth season, the mutations were causing them to turn on each other and it took the full Vortex crystal to demutate them. Taking a year or two to fix that would've been too late. Plus, the Dreggnaught wasn't badly damaged and it was being repaired on Mung's planet.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #26
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
I'm not sure I agree. I was looking storywise, not real time. For us, it was a year between seasons; but you never know how much time has passed for the characters.

By the end of the ninth season, the mutations were causing them to turn on each other and it took the full Vortex crystal to demutate them. Taking a year or two to fix that would've been too late. Plus, the Dreggnaught wasn't badly damaged and it was being repaired on Mung's planet.
Didn't they mention 1994 and 1996 or maybe "two years ago" in the last time travel episode during season 10?
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #27
Wesley
Stone Warrior
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Didn't they mention 1994 and 1996 or maybe "two years ago" in the last time travel episode during season 10?
Landor mentioned that the Turtles from season 8 would meet Carter in 1 year's time in "A Turtle in Time."
__________________
Splinter: "Winning is nothing. Doing your best and acting with honour are the only things that matter." (from Wrath of the Rat King)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Landor mentioned that the Turtles from season 8 would meet Carter in 1 year's time in "A Turtle in Time."
Which is the same time in the series as between the actual years.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,141
Comments after viewing much of season 10 again:

How many times is this boy going to claim, to paraphrase, "Well I'm gonna leave now and go back to college"?

Why did you leave college to begin with? Why isn't this a plan to return next semester? Which...would prob not be happening tomorrow, and even if it was you missed enrollment. He wanted to train with Splinter and yet, what training do we even see happen? And it surely didn't go on for long. Is he just politely trying to end that friendship? lol

Also, does he have no family that will worry and be devastated when he disappeared and ran off to the future? Sure, Carter, you might be able to show up on their doorstep if they're still alive and living in the same place, but after so many years of heartbreak and then confusing them with you having not aged...that's kinda mean.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #30
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior
 
Yabuturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Comments after viewing much of season 10 again:

How many times is this boy going to claim, to paraphrase, "Well I'm gonna leave now and go back to college"?

Why did you leave college to begin with? Why isn't this a plan to return next semester? Which...would prob not be happening tomorrow, and even if it was you missed enrollment. He wanted to train with Splinter and yet, what training do we even see happen? And it surely didn't go on for long. Is he just politely trying to end that friendship? lol

Also, does he have no family that will worry and be devastated when he disappeared and ran off to the future? Sure, Carter, you might be able to show up on their doorstep if they're still alive and living in the same place, but after so many years of heartbreak and then confusing them with you having not aged...that's kinda mean.
He was training, or rather, meditating with Splinter about controlling his mutant form. He was pretty busy with helping the Turtles so he did not have much time for college.

He had family, I'm sure, but Carter didn't say he would live in the future. He just went there so he could get cured. He would probably come back after he was cured. Which would have been nice in the final episode.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #31
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
He was training, or rather, meditating with Splinter about controlling his mutant form. He was pretty busy with helping the Turtles so he did not have much time for college.

He had family, I'm sure, but Carter didn't say he would live in the future. He just went there so he could get cured. He would probably come back after he was cured. Which would have been nice in the final episode.
Or the episode before the final. I like that the final episode was all about the turtles.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,141
It's interesting that when Carter first shows up the Turtles are asking (something to the effect of) "Who is this kid?"

Are they truly just "Teenage" in name only at that point if they're referring to a college student as a kid as if they take him as being younger than themselves?

I do like that the redesign for the last few seasons does make them look a little older.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
It's interesting that when Carter first shows up the Turtles are asking (something to the effect of) "Who is this kid?"

Are they truly just "Teenage" in name only at that point if they're referring to a college student as a kid as if they take him as being younger than themselves?

I do like that the redesign for the last few seasons does make them look a little older.
Carter looks 18 at the very minimum to me.

I do wonder how old the 80s turtles are. Even if they're 15 in the first episode like in other versions (although I think they're more likely around 18 ) then they're in their mid 20s by the end judging by the comments of Shredder, Krang, Landor and Merrick which indicate years passing.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,137
Carter says he's going back to College in an episode, so he's probably around 19-20.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #35
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Carter looks 18 at the very minimum to me.

I do wonder how old the 80s turtles are. Even if they're 15 in the first episode like in other versions (although I think they're more likely around 18 ) then they're in their mid 20s by the end judging by the comments of Shredder, Krang, Landor and Merrick which indicate years passing.
Once Upon a Time Machine is set in 1991, at least.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:34 AM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Once Upon a Time Machine is set in 1991, at least.
Then that means the air dates generally co incide with the timing of the seasons, with the only exceptions being European vacation taking place in 1990 despite airing in 1993 and between seasons 8 and 9 since in the season 10 episodes, Landor and Merrick state that 2 years and 15 days have passed between Turtle Trek and the Unknown Ninja.

Going by this logic and assuming that the turtles are 15 in their first episode (since thats the age in other versions), they would've aged 10 years from their first episode to their last, making them 25 in the final episode.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #37
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,491
At least, he could've been kept without mutation.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #38
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His personality was to be "cool and hip" like Poochy from The Simpsons. "Whenever a show adds a new main character it's to make up for low ratings."

Carter was the "too cool for school" X-men type black College student who rode a motorcycle.
Don't you just love network decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
You know, if he was made today and had the same lackluster reception, you could bet your ass someone on tumblr would blindly say the problem was racism and that Carter was important for "representation".
For once I actually agree with you.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #39
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post

I do wonder how old the 80s turtles are. Even if they're 15 in the first episode like in other versions (although I think they're more likely around 18 ) then they're in their mid 20s by the end judging by the comments of Shredder, Krang, Landor and Merrick which indicate years passing.
There was an episode somewhere where Leo tells the rest to stop clowning around because they were 'acting like a couple of teenagers' and Raph reminds him that they ARE teenagers. Stuff like this always makes me say 'oh... right, they are teenagers' because it really is easy to forget that despite the title of the show. They just.... don't really act it.
__________________
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/ Our blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits our mind. Also a member of the Heroes in a Halfact Podcast series.
our video game review Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameMasters09
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #40
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Then that means the air dates generally co incide with the timing of the seasons, with the only exceptions being European vacation taking place in 1990 despite airing in 1993 and between seasons 8 and 9 since in the season 10 episodes, Landor and Merrick state that 2 years and 15 days have passed between Turtle Trek and the Unknown Ninja.

Going by this logic and assuming that the turtles are 15 in their first episode (since thats the age in other versions), they would've aged 10 years from their first episode to their last, making them 25 in the final episode.

Not all of the seasons took a full "year" though. Season 1 lasted all of 3-4 days, and season 2 started almost immediately after that and was only a few months. 3 and 4 were the longest but were maybe two years at most. So if anything they would likely be around 19-20. Michelangelo had at least one birthday as did Raphael (and Irma), but that is all we really know. The Euro eps were probably only a few weeks at best, as well , since the trip was a sponsored/all expense paid "dream vacation" they won. That trip CERTAINLY wouldn't have lasted an entire YEAR!! (Maybe a month, at most.)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.