The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2017, 04:59 PM   #1881
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,210
Yeah HC editions are always my first choice but then I heard all the hoopla surrounding the QC. I think I'll take a chance on them anyway, just to temping to pass on. Unless you just send me yours.

Side note: just started getting into Universe and really enjoyed #5 and #6 a lot.
TurtleWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #1882
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Hi. I am interested in catching up on some back issues and considering the idw main series new hardcover editions. However I've heard some horrible stories, seen videos, and read reviews about the books falling apart. Do you know if in the newer printings the quality issue has been resolved or should I consider the tpb editions to be safe? Thanks.
Hey,

I'm pretty sure the only hardcover book with issues was the first batch of IDW TMNT Ongoing volume 1, which collected the first year or so of the IDW universe. As far as I know, further editions fixed the issues. Order from a site like instocktrades or directly from Amazon and you should be good, because they will have the newer, well built editions in stock.

Hope this helps.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #1883
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hey,

I'm pretty sure the only hardcover book with issues was the first batch of IDW TMNT Ongoing volume 1, which collected the first year or so of the IDW universe. As far as I know, further editions fixed the issues. Order from a site like instocktrades or directly from Amazon and you should be good, because they will have the newer, well built editions in stock.

Hope this helps.
The one with Raph on cover? That's good to know that your hearing the issues are fixed. Wish Amazon listed printing number. I order TMNT/Archie trades from Amazon and received varying printings and condition.
TurtleWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #1884
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
The one with Raph on cover? That's good to know that your hearing the issues are fixed. Wish Amazon listed printing number. I order TMNT/Archie trades from Amazon and received varying printings and condition.
Instocktrades really is great. Check them out. They're reliable.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #1885
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,462
If the $5 price tag for Universe leads to declining sales, will you guys drop the back-up stories so the price goes down to $4? Although I enjoy the back-ups they're not essential, so I'd rather see Universe continue for a long time then end due to it being too pricey.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #1886
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
I don't think there's any evidence to indicate that we'd see a sales spike from lowering price point. (Even though I disagree that the back ups aren't important, I'd personally prefer that it be a $3.99 book-- but that was the argument presented to me and I don't have anything to refute it).
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #1887
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If the $5 price tag for Universe leads to declining sales, will you guys drop the back-up stories so the price goes down to $4? Although I enjoy the back-ups they're not essential, so I'd rather see Universe continue for a long time then end due to it being too pricey.
I got some back issues from a retailer at $1-$2 each. I couldn't pass on that deal. If you are not the have to read as soon as it's released type of person, could just wait for retailer blow outs. The vol 1 TPB is $13.38 right now that's $2.67 an issue.
TurtleWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #1888
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,165
Hey Bobby,

Do you ever poke around the other threads on the forum and feel tempted to contribute, or do you usually stick to this thread only?
If it's the latter, maybe it has something to do with TMNT being a part of your work life or the fact that you already have friends around you to talk tmnt with. Or maybe you just don't have any interest in forum discussions here.

Just curious, thanks.
John
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #1889
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,546
Why was Krang made into an independent character from Shredder?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #1890
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hey Bobby,

Do you ever poke around the other threads on the forum and feel tempted to contribute, or do you usually stick to this thread only?
If it's the latter, maybe it has something to do with TMNT being a part of your work life or the fact that you already have friends around you to talk tmnt with. Or maybe you just don't have any interest in forum discussions here.

Just curious, thanks.
John
Yeah, I do, frequently, especially with IDW stuff. I don't contribute much just because that's just my habit, I rarely think I have something interesting enough that's worth posting. I'm always tempted to write when someone writes something that I know the answer to or might be incorrect, but part of the fun of forums is wondering about stuff coming up, or theories about why things happened and me commenting would kind of put a damper on that I think. So I mostly just respond here when I'm specifically sought out.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #1891
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why was Krang made into an independent character from Shredder?
Partly to recognize the history of the Utroms as independent of the Foot Clan in Mirage, but it also opens up a lot more story potential. Better to have two interesting, independent characters than two sides of the same coin.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #1892
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,462
How much manpower does it take to get out 7 new TMNT comics in one month of August? (The main ongoing, Universe, and 5 issues of Dimension X)

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work and deadlines to meet, especially with a mini releasing 5 issues weekly. Really appreciate the hard work from you guys, all the writers and the artists to make this happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #1893
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Partly to recognize the history of the Utroms as independent of the Foot Clan in Mirage, but it also opens up a lot more story potential. Better to have two interesting, independent characters than two sides of the same coin.
I suspected it was because having multiple factions in place would keep things from getting stale in the long run.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #1894
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How much manpower does it take to get out 7 new TMNT comics in one month of August? (The main ongoing, Universe, and 5 issues of Dimension X)

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work and deadlines to meet, especially with a mini releasing 5 issues weekly. Really appreciate the hard work from you guys, all the writers and the artists to make this happen.
This is hard to quantify. Script and art vary depending on book and the creative involved. These five week events obviously add a good deal more to my plate. In addition to 5 extra books by themselves, it also requires a bit more coordination between the various issues and creators. With Dimension X, I knew we were doing this about a year in advance, so i've been able to parcel out the work over time. Hopefully it will all comes together well! So far, it's shaping up to be really fun.

I appreciate you guys being great fans and taking the time to say stuff like that!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #1895
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,165
Yeah, that was a great thing to mention, Cubed. With the franchise out of Mirage Studio's grip these last few years, it's been a transition for longtime fans.
It's nice to know there a group at IDW passionate about keeping the flame alive in a way that honors the tmnt, despite how much hard work it takes.
With the movie failing at the box office and the Nick show going for a "lighter" tone, IDW feels sort of like "home base" these days. I mean, I guess it basically has for me since the buyout.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #1896
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, that was a great thing to mention, Cubed. With the franchise out of Mirage Studio's grip these last few years, it's been a transition for longtime fans.
It's nice to know there a group at IDW passionate about keeping the flame alive in a way that honors the tmnt, despite how much hard work it takes.
With the movie failing at the box office and the Nick show going for a "lighter" tone, IDW feels sort of like "home base" these days. I mean, I guess it basically has for me since the buyout.
Much appreciated, thank you. It is a lot of work, but it's really fun work, so I can't complain for a second. We're still having as much fun, if not more, as we were five years ago. We had a great great brainstorm yesterday for the post-Trial of Krang story line, good stuff a coming!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #1897
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
Oh, and if anyone has a Ninja Notes letter, I'll take it! Write "letters@idwpublishing.com" or you could put it here, and just label clearly that it's intended for Ninja Notes.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #1898
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Much appreciated, thank you. It is a lot of work, but it's really fun work, so I can't complain for a second. We're still having as much fun, if not more, as we were five years ago. We had a great great brainstorm yesterday for the post-Trial of Krang story line, good stuff a coming!
Oh, to be a mutant Stockman on the wall!

I've said it a billion times and I'll say it again: IDW TMNT is the best comic out there right now, you all are amazing (not only artistically but in terms of fan interaction), so keep up the great work and I'm sure the rest of the ride to #100 will be even wilder than the first half of these epic one hundred issues!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #1899
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,210
Do you know why Robotanimals is offered in Hardcover and Dimension X is getting a Softcover. Or did Amazon make an error in listings? I provided links below for reference. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16840...hRL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/16840...1VL&ref=plSrch

Last edited by TurtleWA; 05-19-2017 at 09:22 PM.
TurtleWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #1900
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,015
It's a new format I think. I've heard we've had some success with a smaller size hardbound GN format for some of our all ages titles. We'll see how it does, and we might collect other all ages TMNT comics that way.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.