The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #6901
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Nope. The only thing to do is make note of who voted, how, and when they're up for re-election.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #6902
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Which would be late next year, which frankly is too long to wait. Though, on one hand, it should be long enough for the people who initially agreed on these things to realize they fvcked up...
Old 05-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #6903
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
*Long string of swearing*

So now what??? I don't think any amount of "write and call your representative and sign this petitions!" is going to do sh*t.
Of all the things that need to be focused on that should be bigger priorities, they choose to focus on that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #6904
plastroncafe

Quote:
Which would be late next year, which frankly is too long to wait. Though, on one hand, it should be long enough for the people who initially agreed on these things to realize they fvcked up...
That would be super nice, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Of all the things that need to be focused on that should be bigger priorities, they choose to focus on that.
Quote:
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:24 AM   #6905
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

How about if we just stop talking about politics in this thread for good? I'm sick of hearing about it and there's already a thread about this discussion in the Current Events section.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #6906
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not a gear grinder exactly but a neccessary "evil" to deal with this weekend- declaring war on all bugs in the apartment. Flea season has hit full force and they are eating our kitties alive. Angel especially seems to have them bad and is tearing her neck up scratching. On top of that we have been getting roaches lately from somewhere so now I have to eradicate those too. We never had any problems with them before so I don't know what the deal is but they are getting into the catfood bowl. Not cool.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #6907
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not a gear grinder exactly but a neccessary "evil" to deal with this weekend- declaring war on all bugs in the apartment. Flea season has hit full force and they are eating our kitties alive. Angel especially seems to have them bad and is tearing her neck up scratching. On top of that we have been getting roaches lately from somewhere so now I have to eradicate those too. We never had any problems with them before so I don't know what the deal is but they are getting into the catfood bowl. Not cool.
I can relate. Currently on day three of the slow process to eradicate ants from the kitchen. I think the Queen is dead and the workers still hanging around are newly born. I guess in can take several weeks. Your poor kitties though, sad.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #6908
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Sorry to hear about the kitties. Are there any medicines you can put on them or flea collars that might help?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #6909
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My sympathy. Our cats have dealt with flea issues for a couple years and nothing that was tried seemed to be helping enough. Incredibly frustrating. One in particular kept having periods of being pretty eaten up in places and scratching himself raw/bare.

To think about it now, I think maybe finally this spring it seems to have let up. They're only indoor cats and had never previously had problems with it, but we suspect an increase in mice, which presumably may have brought fleas in, was to blame. Still working on those little buggers and hoping a new trick seen online will work.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #6910
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ours are indoor only kitties but both originally lived outside- Angel literally showed up on our doorstep when she was about five or six months old, and Demona was outdoors when my mom had her before we took her back. I've used the oral flea treatments in the past and they work pretty well but I only have one left ATM. I'm giving it to Angel since she needs it the most. But they are both getting a bath and I have to close off and bomb the bedroom and spray the rest of the apartment down. Gonna go over the kitchen from top to bottom with bug spray and put down some fresh roach baits too. We think they are coming from one of our upstairs neighbors. Ugh...

Old 05-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #6911
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

My dad and I are planning on getting flea traps for our house.

Do a lot of combing, use a thing called Flea Bully especially around the corners of the house. It's also safe to rub on the cat's fur - away from the wounded areas, of course.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #6912
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah we have a flea cpmb and we've used just about every kind of flea treatment or killer out there. The natural ones seem to work the best. And I plan to get more of the pills too- they make the cats' blood actually toxic to the fleas!

Old 05-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #6913
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Good to hear you have a plan, Duckie. Hope it works.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #6914
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Bombing of the bedroom and Angel's treatment went off without much fuss. Still have to bathe them but the kitchen is mostly done. Looks like things are off to a good start! And I will get more pills on Monday, and some itch spray to help with the scratching.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #6915
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Wife just had a baby, I have about 80 hours of sick time...but I can't use it because I'm not the one who just had a c-section. Hooray!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #6916
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Paternity leave really needs to be a common thing. Let dads have a chance to bond with baby and help mom out while she heals... That accumulated leave can't be used is ridiculous.

Grind... customers who don't feel they are obligated to leave once the store is closed.

Look, buddy, I know you may not have understood me when I told you in English that the store is closed... but I'm pretty certain you understand the Spanish version of our closing announcement. It was stated at least a couple times before closing, it shouldn't have to be said again 5 minutes afterward. Guy didn't get the hint until the lights were turned out on him.

I swear, someone who stays past closed and is not already in a line to pay should have to stay and help clean up... (Esp considering they may have torn up things that people who want to go home now have to fix. Again.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-20-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:39 PM   #6917
plastroncafe

What's worse, is that dads who do get paternity leave are often punished for taking it in the first place. And if you decide to be a stay-at-home parent for a few years and you're a dude? It'll take longer for you to rebuild your career when you do decide to go back to work.

We're trying to make it better, guys. But progress is really slow.

In the meantime, congrats on the new kidlet, Jester!
Quote:
Old 05-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #6918
DarkFell
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Grind... customers who don't feel they are obligated to leave once the store is closed.
This reminded me of a similar incident that happened within an art museum that I used to work at, topped off with someone that felt offended enough to complain to my manager ..simply because I told him that the museum was closed for the evening. (I worked as a in-museum guard back then, and we literally had to 'lead' people out of the building.)

Also, congrats Jester.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:03 AM   #6919
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Parental leave in the US is a joke as it is. Mothers are lucky to get at least a month in most businesses. Which is part of why I chose to be a graphic designer, I should be able to have a lot more time to work from home.

And since your wife had a c-section, she'd need your help more than ever.

For me, this pretty much sums up my grind
Old 05-21-2017, 02:09 AM   #6920
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Parental leave in the US is a joke as it is. Mothers are lucky to get at least a month in most businesses. Which is part of why I chose to be a graphic designer, I should be able to have a lot more time to work from home.
Yeah none of the places anybody I know works for have maternity leave that I'm even aware of. I think one place might allow like two weeks which I mean, better than nothing, but...