The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #41
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Yea, I can talk to girls... not for very long though.... For some reason I appeal to a younger crowd (ages 1-13) And get along with older people (anyone older then 20) I don't mean to offend anyone but most people my age are jerks.
One of my friends was kind of like that when she was younger, and she was also homeschooled.

I'm not surprised people your age are jerks either. No offense to you though, since I felt the same way when I was a teenager too.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #42
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I wouldn't say there's a particular question I hate/dislike, it all depends on the intention behind the questioning.

...And that makes a world of difference on whether it's worth responding to, because it immediately tells me if the questioner is going to be genuinely receptive and/or respectful of what I'm saying.
gobo likes this.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #43
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Of course. I've been asked by quite a lot of people about whether or not I was a virgin, so frequency of it made it sound as though these people were trying to tell me something.
I was asked that a lot too in high school and junior high (middle school), and then I finally got to a point where I responded, "Would it make a difference if I was or not?" It was because I was a notable goody-two-shoes and awkwardly, I became very popular just for that. But whatever....LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You could be right. I wasn't homeschooled, but I just wish I could have been one of those people who went about high school (and even junior high) not really caring so much about just how much I might appeal to the opposite sex. If I want to ask girls out, or even just socialize with girls, it should be because I want to, and not because I feel an obligation to, just because they're there.

That being said, I might bring up how I was asked why I didn't talk to girls, when there were a couple of other guys in the school who never really went out of their way to talk to girls and nobody seemed to wonder about them. I, on the other hand, did talk to girls, even if I wasn't trying to get into their pants or anything.
I understand that notion. I know my fellow male peers would make the most crass, lockerroom talk and it was so repulsive. And then when they would question me about why I wasn't "hooking up" with the girls, I would just say, "If you had a daughter, would you want a guy with your personality, to hook up with her?" Immediate silence and that was the end of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Yea, I can talk to girls... not for very long though.... For some reason I appeal to a younger crowd (ages 1-13) And get along with older people (anyone older then 20) I don't mean to offend anyone but most people my age are jerks.
I can empathize with that too, with the experiences in my life that forced me to grow up fast. When I was a teenager, I had small cousins who were kids and I had more fun with them because they appreciated the simple things in life (making pastries, crafts, simple childlike games, etc.). The more hardship you experience, the more a person seems to gravitate and appreciate the simple joys of life.
On the other end of the age spectrum, I felt that I could only get along with adults over the age of 40 when I was a teenager since I had experienced a lot when I was younger.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I was asked that a lot too in high school and junior high (middle school), and then I finally got to a point where I responded, "Would it make a difference if I was or not?" It was because I was a notable goody-two-shoes and awkwardly, I became very popular just for that. But whatever....LOL.

I understand that notion. I know my fellow male peers would make the most crass, locker room talk and it was so repulsive. And then when they would question me about why I wasn't "hooking up" with the girls, I would just say, "If you had a daughter, would you want a guy with your personality, to hook up with her?" Immediate silence and that was the end of that.
I was somewhat of a goody-goody in school too, so that's probably why I'd get asked that so much. One girl actually told me that I don't seem like someone who'd have a girlfriend since she claimed I was so quiet. I don't think I was THAT quiet though. I remember one guy in my grade who also didn't say much, but he was practically a mime compared to me.

I've also been around guys who carry on disturbing conversations about girls. Sometimes it actually made me ashamed to be a guy. I also had this thought as to why they shouldn't make a big deal if they don't see me talking to girls much. After all, it could mean more for them.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #45
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

are you a boy...

are you bulimic, your sooooo skiny!

ever consider getting breast inplants.

why do you wear glasses when you can wear contacts?

Why are you Christian?

this one was a hoot, it didn't piss me off so much as it made go WTF? This one person leaned in close to me and looked me in the eye for several seconds then asked me:

How come your eyes are blue but they look asian?

(um, because I'm mixed )
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
You can't be serious. You are always going on about how you're going to disown members of your family because they're making decisions you don't agree with. You are all up in their business.

Hypocrite.
No, not all members of my family. Just my sister because she's a two-faced b*tch. And I'm not all up in her business. I don't invade her privacy and tell her what to do with her life. I was just upset that she had a wedding behind our backs and blatantly lied and said she was getting married this year when she got married in Nov. of last year. And, yeah, I didn't agree with the fact that she was living with somebody she hadn't known for even a year and quit her job because he told her to. She's the hypocrite because she acts like we can't know what she's doing, but she wants to know what we're doing and tries to tell us what to do with our lives, yet we can't give her advice about her own life and let her know that there are some things we don't approve of.

You can call me a hypocrite all you want. I really don't care anymore. I hate my sister and want nothing to do with her.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
somebody she hadn't known for even a year and quit her job because he told her to.
The guy sounds like a real manipulator. Maybe your sister needs help?

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #48
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
How come your eyes are blue but they look asian?

(um, because I'm mixed )
I really, really want to see a picture of you.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #49
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^
I imagined the creepy Mikey head on your sig saying that. With that large creepy smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post

You can call me a hypocrite all you want. I really don't care anymore. I hate my sister and want nothing to do with her.
Damn that just straight up sucks.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #50
KROW
Rideo omnibus vobis.

A localized question: "How much is this?" when you're in the dollar store.

KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #51
Raven
follower of Jesus

That irks me every time.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #52
snake
Noided

" Can I have a piece of your gum?" ( then they take half the pack)
Fake shock gum comes in handy in these situations
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #53
dudeabides
Foot Soldier

Don't like shaving and always have to hear 'when are you going to shave again?' I just give a different answer everytime to keep it halfway interesting.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #54
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200

"Hallo, how are you doing?" - and there's no hint of true interest ...
Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #55
Icebot
Foot Elite

Here's one I really really hate:

Are you going to have enough time to finish your work before the end of the day? I never know how to answer it.

Nintendo Network ID: Icebot
Code: 0147-2964-4509
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

You still live there?
Yes damnit.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:50 AM   #57
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

NeCRoooPOOOST
So why did guys break up you were so cute together.
You're still in college.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:54 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably, "Why do you still play videogames and watch cartoons at your age?"

Yeah, go **** yourself.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 AM   #59
Leo656
The Franchise

All. For some reason I have very little patience for answering questions. I have no idea why, since I clearly have no problem explaining myself or whatever.

I think it's that it seems as if people ask me questions only when I'm wrapped up in something else and don't really have time for them.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #60
Prowler
Foot Elite

"Why don't you have a girlfriend? Are you gay?"

And no, I'm not in high school. So it's even sadder when someone asks me that. Fortunately it's not very often.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote