The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,539
TMNT minimates its happening!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/in...howtopic=12707

Whooowww
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
*Goes to google to find out what minimates are*

EDIT: So...are these lego knock offs, or...?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
*Goes to google to find out what minimates are*

EDIT: So...are these lego knock offs, or...?
not exactly, there are no brick building system with Minimates, it's just blocky action figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
*Goes to google to find out what minimates are*

EDIT: So...are these lego knock offs, or...?
Minimates are made by Diamond Select Toys, who also make the Marvel Select line. Minimates are over 10 years old. And it's main line is the Marvel line, though it had a brief DC line and LoTR lines, as well as some Knight Rider and Back To The Future stuff. They are excellent little figures and have a lot of detail. My favourite is the Deadpool and Wolverine one in wave 28 (Deadpool has a plethora of weapons, is highly detailed and comes with a second mask, with his actual head underneath, while Wolverine is just the best Wolverine minimate IMO)

AND YES! TMNT MINIMATES
__________________
by Martinf
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,639
DO WANT. (next can we have Star Wars minimates?)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
not exactly, there are no brick building system with Minimates, it's just blocky action figures.
Very addictive blocky action figures that are compatible with LEGO and other blok lines. They've been going since around 2001.

They also have done a lot of stuff with them....

DC Comics (though sadly were halted by DC because they didn't sell well enough)
Marvel Comics and Movies (which has been their longest going line in the Minimates brand)
Lord of the Rings
Thundercats
Back to the Future (even did a few versions of the car)
Ghostbusters (both the movies and even the animated Real Ghostbusters)
The Walking Dead
Star Trek (all of the stuff, but mainly the Original Series)
Knight Rider
The Munsters
Universal Monsters
Tomb Raider
Battlestar Galactica (modern and classic)
Street Fighter
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Rocky
Terminator 2

And aside from the upcoming TMNT, which I'm pumped for, Aliens, Kill Bill, and Pulp Fiction are also getting Minimates.

Here's a website that shows every single figure that's been made to date...

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/default.php

I actually have high expectations for the TMNT Minimates given how if you look at the Marvel Comics ones and how they evolved and became so detailed and awesome. Seriously, I gave up collecting Marvel Legends years ago because the Minimates are so much cooler with all kinds of classic looks for characters with options.

Here's a few really cool ones to show off what I mean....

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figu...?i=1671&n=Hulk
http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figu...458&n=Colossus
http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figu...nvisible+Woman
http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figu...med+Spider-Man
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
looking at the existing Minimates, I don't see any appeal in buying these...but I guess I'll see how the TMNT ones look.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
DO WANT. (next can we have Star Wars minimates?)
I believe that Star Wars are also being made!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
looking at the existing Minimates, I don't see any appeal in buying these...but I guess I'll see how the TMNT ones look.
If you're a huge Disney fan, they also made some great Peter Pan ones.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
If you're a huge Disney fan, they also made some great Peter Pan ones.
I am a huge Disney fan, but Peter Pan just happens to be one of the movies/characters I don't like. If they made a series of classics (Mickey, Donald etc.) or a series of the princesses, than maybe I'd go for them.

As for Minimates in general, I just don't see the appeal of blocky figures.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,099
Yes!

I'm actually very excited about this product!! Thanks for sharing dude. Damn, and it's the original series!! I still gotta see what they look like but in certainly interested. How much do these usually go for?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I am a huge Disney fan, but Peter Pan just happens to be one of the movies/characters I don't like. If they made a series of classics (Mickey, Donald etc.) or a series of the princesses, than maybe I'd go for them.

As for Minimates in general, I just don't see the appeal of blocky figures.
Yeah, the mini mates don't appeal to me either, I think I've only show interest in the Battle Beast mini mates cause they don't have the same blockyness and looks very reminiscent of the original toys.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I'm actually very excited about this product!! Thanks for sharing dude. Damn, and it's the original series!! I still gotta see what they look like but in certainly interested. How much do these usually go for?
I'm pretty sure it's the Nick series, actually...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,817
It would be nice to see more non-playmates Nick turtle figures, since both pop and kidrobot figures seems to just do the Fred Wolf turtles.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the Nick series, actually...
Yes, the Nick TMNT for now, but I'd imagine if they sell well they might go into other TMNT stuff like maybe the original Mirage comics, Fred Wolf cartoon, etc, etc...

I say that simply because in the Marvel line they cover both modern and classic looks of the characters throughout the line along with if they have any live action movies out.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It would be nice to see more non-playmates Nick turtle figures, since both pop and kidrobot figures seems to just do the Fred Wolf turtles.
This. I'm sick of seeing OT turtles being the focus, I don't like the idea that adult fans only like the OT and none of the other incarnations. Sure, that's the most recognizable/relatable to adults, but still.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #16
madyankees
Hench Mutant
 
madyankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 329
If they are going to be only 2 inches tall then I'm sticking with Takara Tomy arts figures.
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #17
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,426
If these are good I'll get them.

Then I'll want more Minimates.

So I'll go online.

And see LOTR ones.

And BTTF ones.

6 months later I have spent $200 on Minimates and have a whole shelf of them.


F**k.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,099
Then you're an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
This. I'm sick of seeing OT turtles being the focus, I don't like the idea that adult fans only like the OT and none of the other incarnations. Sure, that's the most recognizable/relatable to adults, but still.
Boo hoo. Just go to any freaking store and you'll get your fill of your nick series crap. Stop complaining seriously. The original series deserves its due. It put in a lot of the work. And the mold in the pic of the article was a FW turtle so it's understandable. You have an excess of other stuff. Also there's still stuff from 2k3 you can get online and playmates just realized the movie turtles. Seriously you're overplaying it. Just stop kid. It's so annoying hearing you complain about classic figures coming out when all I see in the stores and the new like is nick this and nick that. Seriously no reason to complain. If anything people should be complaining they aren't making enough old stuff!

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 02-18-2014 at 07:21 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
If these are good I'll get them.

Then I'll want more Minimates.

So I'll go online.

And see LOTR ones.

And BTTF ones.

6 months later I have spent $200 on Minimates and have a whole shelf of them.


F**k.
The lotr minimates are a different scale, so maybe that'll lighten the load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Boo hoo. Just go to any freaking store and you'll get your fill of your nick series crap. Stop complaining seriously. The original series deserves its due. It put in a lot of the work. And the mold in the pic of the article was a FW turtle so it's understandable. You have an excess of other stuff. Also there's still stuff from 2k3 you can get online and playmates just realized the movie turtles. Seriously you're overplaying it. Just stop kid. It's so annoying hearing you complain about classic figures coming out when all I see in the stores and the new like is nick this and nick that. Seriously no reason to complain. If anything people should be complaining they aren't making enough old stuff!
People are entitled to their own opinions, so I'd appreciate it if you let him state his. I'm getting a little tired of you harassing other members, and would like it if you stayed a little calmer when confronting people.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #20
tomservo95
Thug
 
tomservo95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 68
Minimates are freakin' cool! I have a big collection of their Ghostbusters lineup as well as The Creature From The Black Lagoon, Marty Mcfly and a Delorean vehicle, and Jay and Silent Bob. I'm so excited to get the TMNT, Pulp Fiction, and Dante and Randal figures they announced this weekend!
__________________
PSN ID tomservo95
tomservo95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.