The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #1861
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
Good eye, but I'm going to gently suggest that it means nothing, because the promo images for Donatello over a year ago also featured an all-plastic headband:

i would have to agree on this. i mean only time will tell, but IMO these are concept figures which will differ from the final product. and alot has changed on that Donatello since we first saw him
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #1862
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Isn't Mikey supposed to have weapon holsters on his side's? Or were the chucks just hanging from his belt like that?

Also anyone notice the rooftop picture you can see Splinter's hand behind Mikey
Picture????
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #1863
Ginrai
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Isn't Mikey supposed to have weapon holsters on his side's? Or were the chucks just hanging from his belt like that?

Also anyone notice the rooftop picture you can see Splinter's hand behind Mikey

In the original film, Mikey just tucked them under his belt. In the follow up film, he had holster bags tied to his belt.
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:27 PM   #1864
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Picture????
Thats because thats an printed off screen shot of splinter so of course spinter's gonna be there.

For those who has loose torso here's an easy fix...

Quote:
He was pretty loose and slouched quite a bit. I ended up soaking him in boiling water and he popped apart pretty easily. I tried a few things to stiffen the joint but ended up wrapping a rubber o-ring around the shaft of the barbell joint. It provided enough friction to keep Raph from slouching and help him hold poses.

A little more detail on the Raphael torso joint fix: I popped his head off and soaked him belly down for a minute in a pan of boiled water. The torso joint popped apart quite easily. The joint is a simple barbell/socket arrangement. After a couple of failed attempts to tighten things up, I ended up using a large black rubber o-ring that I wrapped around the barbell shaft 3 times. I reheated the socket for snapping the barbell back in by spooning some boiling water into it and waiting about 20 seconds. At that point I dumped the water out and snapped it back together. Raph is now as tight as his turtle brother, Donnie! Los Tortuga Hermanos!

No, the torso just pops straight out of the top of the shell. I boiled the water in an electric kettle and then poured it into a plastic Rubbermaid pan that was large enough to accommodate Raph's carcass. I removed the head prior to this as it helped him fit into the pan and also prevented the fabric mask ends from getting wet. I never actually boil the figure itself. I always have the water removed from the heat source prior to immersion.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #1865
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Isn't Mikey supposed to have weapon holsters on his side's? Or were the chucks just hanging from his belt like that?

Also anyone notice the rooftop picture you can see Splinter's hand behind Mikey
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #1866
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
Thats because thats an printed off screen shot of splinter so of course spinter's gonna be there.

For those who has loose torso here's an easy fix...
Thanks a lot!
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:19 PM   #1867
LeoRaDoMic
Foot Soldier
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I don't get why you think the size of the weapons has something to do with more accessories.
It's a cost issue where the turtles selling at $99 is already an amazing price. Don't expect a trench coat be possible for that price point.
I am guessing that is why there is an accessory pack coming. To fit in some cool stuff along with the trench coat.
The bigger the weapons the higher the costs I believe. I don't understand why Don has an accessory more than Raph (ooze canister) So why can't we get a pizzabox or something with Raph? Off course a trenchcoah is too expensive but a piece of carton is possible in my opinion. Just like the DreamEX Raphael

An accessory pack is coming also?! That's wonderful!
__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #1868
LeoRaDoMic
Foot Soldier
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Picture????
Here you go;

__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #1869
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
The bigger the weapons the higher the costs I believe. I don't understand why Don has an accessory more than Raph (ooze canister) So why can't we get a pizzabox or something with Raph? Off course a trenchcoah is too expensive but a piece of carton is possible in my opinion. Just like the DreamEX Raphael

An accessory pack is coming also?! That's wonderful!
WRONG.. an trench Coat is not too expensive.. NECA did it with both Penguins having cloth coats. and the Second Penguin had an Cloth Coat and Cloth Pants.... It's not that big of a deal if Raph didn't come wth any accessories besides Pizza,extra hands and his sai's thats all he needs.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:00 PM   #1870
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
That's an screen shot of Splinter taken from the movie.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #1871
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,213
Don has an extra accessory because he only comes with one weapon and five hands. Why Leo comes with the canister also I don't know. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyone else see Splinter's hand in this picture too?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1370404-FD0B-407F-9919-35FF2EAABB99_zpsxmghmmod.jpg (19.3 KB, 41 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #1872
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,795
EE still has Leo listed as May delivery. I will be shocked if that actually happens. I'm excepting an email any day now telling me that my preorder is pushed back until June.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #1873
inaheap
Hench Mutant
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I think we have a spot Splinter challenge on our hands
Spoiler:
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #1874
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
Leonardo got pushed to June looks like
http://necaonline.com/2017/02/teenag...gure-leonardo/

Raphael is available on ebay page again
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...item3f7ca405d0

Last edited by go_ninja84; 05-16-2017 at 02:15 PM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #1875
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Leonardo got pushed to June looks like
http://necaonline.com/2017/02/teenag...gure-leonardo/

Raphael is available on ebay page again
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...item3f7ca405d0
Nice. Glad to see a restock on Raph for folks that missed out the first time.

Kind of bummed that Leo has been pushed back to June...But it gives me some breathing room lol.
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #1876
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Iowa
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy Badfeet View Post
Nice. Glad to see a restock on Raph for folks that missed out the first time.

Kind of bummed that Leo has been pushed back to June...But it gives me some breathing room lol.
I asked NECA when in June for thier store of Leo popping up and its very early June so expect him the first week or so from Neca's ebay and amazon.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #1877
LeoRaDoMic
Foot Soldier
 
LeoRaDoMic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 143
Sharp! Really curious if NECA also going to make Splinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I think we have a spot Splinter challenge on our hands
__________________
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #1878
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
I asked NECA when in June for thier store of Leo popping up and its very early June so expect him the first week or so from Neca's ebay and amazon.
Well you got more from them then I did. I sent 3 tweets on twitter asking them and got no reply
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #1879
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,926
Does anyone know when EE will get another Don shipment? Although I can't see why anyone would.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:33 PM   #1880
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Does anyone know when EE will get another Don shipment? Although I can't see why anyone would.
I have more Dons on order. They are indeed coming around Sept
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.