The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 29,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wars out there? All American presidents invade sand countries and steal their oil. So don't act like Trump doing that would be any different.
"sand countries"

What? Are we invading Tattooine next? Gotta get that oil from Jabba the Hutt next.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #42
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I would attribute that to the Romans.
greatest as in influence in power? Who nows. Gotta take into account the context of each empire, etc. There have been many of those.

As far as size, I think the English empire was the biggest one ever. In second coming the Mongolian empire perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
"sand countries"

What? Are we invading Tattooine next? Gotta get that oil from Jabba the Hutt next.
That was a tongue-in-cheek manner of me referring to Middle Eastern countries
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #43
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I would attribute that to the Romans.
Some of it, sure, but the fact that there are about two dozen countries on earth that haven't been invaded by the UK at one point or another means they did their job way better.

Curious who'll be playing the fiddle this time.

There are only 22 Countries in the World the British Haven't Invaded.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:47 PM   #44
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 12,379
At one point the sun never stopped shining on the British Empire.

As a friend of mine's grandpa said: "Cause God didn't trust us in the dark."
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #45
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
London and England are like...the same thing.
Such a gentle troll.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:49 PM   #46
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Some of it, sure, but the fact that there are about two dozen countries on earth that haven't been invaded by the UK at one point or another means they did their job way better.

Curious who'll be playing the fiddle this time.

There are only 22 Countries in the World the British Haven't Invaded.
"invaded".

A more credible and longer list would be of countries they have never conquered or annexed.
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #47
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
How did this turn into a Trump discussion?

And I don't see why you Americans are so afraid of the possibility of Trump winning. It's not like he'll become a God Emperor or anything. Opposition and even his advisers and people from his own party will veto his **** and such. Not to mention a lot that he says is mere populism.

Wars out there? All American presidents invade sand countries and steal their oil. So don't act like Trump doing that would be any different.
His Authoritarian bull **** is frightening. He's also the most unqualified person to win a primary in a LONG time.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #48
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,095
I'll always remember Trump for his WWE feud with Vicne McMahon in 2007. The Battle of Billionaires. He did well at playing the "good guy" in that storyline. Which is a testament to how good of a villain Mr. McMahon is. Trump even threw money at the audience!

So if Trump is a good guy in WWE then surely he must be one in real life as well, right? I mean wrestling is not fake now is it?
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
"invaded".

A more credible and longer list would be of countries they have never conquered or annexed.
If you've got one of those, I'd love to see it.

It'll be interesting to see how much in value the Dollar drops after our own election in November.
And by interesting, I mean....I'll be paying off as much of my debt as humanly possible between now and then, just to be safe.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #50
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'll always remember Trump for his WWE feud with Vicne McMahon in 2007. The Battle of Billionaires. He did well at playing the "good guy" in that storyline. Which is a testament to how good of a villain Mr. McMahon is. Trump even threw money at the audience!

So if Trump is a good guy in WWE then surely he must be one in real life as well, right? I mean wrestling is not fake now is it?

There's that, too. I would be so embarrassed to have my country be "lead" by a ****ing reality tv star. The fact that it's even gotten this close is... sad.

Really hoping for him to announce Sarah Palin as his running mate.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #51
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There's that, too. I would be so embarrassed to have my country be "lead" by a ****ing reality tv star. The fact that it's even gotten this close is... sad.

Really hoping for him to announce Sarah Pallin as his running mate.
Don't get me wrong, I would not vote for Trump but I can't deny that he is entertaining. Kinda like people in Europe laughed at Berlusconi's antics.

Pallin was what killed any chance McCain would have of beating Obama in 2008. Then again Obama had a good propaganda machine behind him. I still remember how everyone was on his bandwagon back in the day, buying into his "Change" slogan and the whole "a black man as president of the USA would be so cool!". He was able to sucker in people that easily
__________________
Last.FM | Myanimelist | Letterboxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines
He's black as fu*k. And voiced by Bumper Robinson.

I guess he doesn't qualify as African American to cubed because he doesn't say things like "yessa massa", "sup dawg", "yo", "kill whitey" and "shee-it negro!"
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:07 PM   #52
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 1,932
The UK's exit has put new life in the Texas secession movement. But, there's only about less than 1% of the population in it.

My father made a comment that this would throw a "monkey wrench" into thing, and it's only starting.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #53
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The UK's exit has put new life in the Texas secession movement. But, there's only about less than 1% of the population in it.

My father made a comment that this would throw a "monkey wrench" into thing, and it's only starting.
Now THIS. This is something I will watch with morbid curiosity.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:17 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Now THIS. This is something I will watch with morbid curiosity.
Thanks a lot.

I really hate living in the traveling (okay, stationary) freakshow.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #55
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Thanks a lot.

I really hate living in the traveling (okay, stationary) freakshow.
It's not because I don't love you, or other people in Texas!
It's because I don't think it'll get further than ridiculous posturing, and seeing a bunch of Anti-Government people forced to live off the dole when they're tossed in jail.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #56
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would not vote for Trump but I can't deny that he is entertaining. Kinda like people in Europe laughed at Berlusconi's antics.

Pallin was what killed any chance McCain would have of beating Obama in 2008. Then again Obama had a good propaganda machine behind him. I still remember how everyone was on his bandwagon back in the day, buying into his "Change" slogan and the whole "a black man as president of the USA would be so cool!". He was able to sucker in people that easily
Obama is still my guy, but Trump is a clown that makes me laugh.

I'd like a Trump/Obama or Obama/Trump comedy hour once a week.

I would like that very much.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:28 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 29,688
Trump is basically the closest thing to a real life comic book or cartoon supervillain. All he needs is an army of robots.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:29 PM   #58
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
He is Lex Luthor.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #59
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Who do you think is voting for him?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:43 PM   #60
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968


Just imagine the two of them having a no holds barred debate.
Or maybe we could put them in a room together, where they try and prepare thanksgiving dinner.

I think that's the first episode.

EPIC television. Hilary couldn't even take Bernie, she'll be destroyed by Trump in the upcoming debates.

Obama would destroy him.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.