The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I hate to be "that guy" but it's spelled Maligna.

As for the bounty hunter, it's been confirmed to be an original character so it's not likely a take on Antrax. Hakk-R could totally be one of Maligna's offspring, though. My guess is that Maligna, the return of the Neutrinos and Stump Asteroid (and the Triceratons?) will all feature in the Dimension X mini.
I was asking how to spell it because I haven't seen in written ages so its fine.

I like how the 50s car with flying ability that the Neutrinos had were converted into starships. Its what I love about IDW. Its takes the old and and adapts. Like a few of us I was expecting Antrax as he is a bounty hunter for Dimension X and if Maligna is involved being a bug from Dimension X it fit perfectly. I was thinking Hakk-R(Hacker as in hacks with an ax) might be a reworked Antrax.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #42
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I was asking how to spell it because I haven't seen in written ages so its fine.

I like how the 50s car with flying ability that the Neutrinos had were converted into starships. Its what I love about IDW. Its takes the old and and adapts. Like a few of us I was expecting Antrax as he is a bounty hunter for Dimension X and if Maligna is involved being a bug from Dimension X it fit perfectly. I was thinking Hakk-R(Hacker as in hacks with an ax) might be a reworked Antrax.
He also could have absolutely nothing to do with Maligna, but the fact that she's likely in Dimension X (the mini, not the place... well, the place too) and was an associate of Krang's back in Archie does make one wonder. I've been wondering if we might see Scul and Bean at some point as well!

IDW keep topping themselves. At this rate none of us will make it to #100 in 2019, we'll all die of hype-induced heart attacks from whatever they're cooking up for summer 2018...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #43
ProphetofGanja
Mad Scientist
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
So updated information from IDW Fall catalogue reveals assassin's name, and it looks like completely new character -Hakk-R.
Hmm. I'm betting the assassin is either a computer-hacking whiz or he has a big sword/axe/blade with which he hacks people up. Or both!
__________________
"Wait... what?"
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #44
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
He also could have absolutely nothing to do with Maligna, but the fact that she's likely in Dimension X (the mini, not the place... well, the place too) and was an associate of Krang's back in Archie does make one wonder. I've been wondering if we might see Scul and Bean at some point as well!

IDW keep topping themselves. At this rate none of us will make it to #100 in 2019, we'll all die of hype-induced heart attacks from whatever they're cooking up for summer 2018...
Its hard to think Maligna and Krang are not connected especially if its running alongside Trial of Krang even if they were linked in Archie. Its the timing of it making it seem a given. I could be wrong,but it makes a lot of sense and IDW likes to interconnect things.

Summer of 2018 hype? Do you know something I don't? Pantheon's game of chess gets into full swing?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,805
For the record, Null and Malinga worked together in their Archie appearances. In fact Null's final appearance in Archie is him flying off Malinga's ship before her and her bug offspring crash into the sun and die.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #46
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Its hard to think Maligna and Krang are not connected especially if its running alongside Trial of Krang even if they were linked in Archie. Its the timing of it making it seem a given. I could be wrong,but it makes a lot of sense and IDW likes to interconnect things.

Summer of 2018 hype? Do you know something I don't? Pantheon's game of chess gets into full swing?
And then watch as Maligna's dealings bridge Krang and Null... Yikes! /speculation

No, not at all. I wish! What I meant was, we keep getting increasingly more spoiled year after year. Look at 2017 compared to 2016, when we thought Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything was hot stuff, yet it pales in comparison to this year's upcoming material. If IDW keeps this up, 2018 should be even more spectacular, after all these things are supposed to ramp up, not down... Though, admittedly, 2017 will be a very tough act to follow.

The only thing I can think of that might overshadow it next year is if we get a full on Hob/Null/Bishop war with plenty of interconnected material between the main ongoing and Universe, plus another "summer event" like B&R and Dimension X, or things finally kicking into gear with the Pantheon like you mentioned. Who knows. The wait is the worst part!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The only thing I can think of that might overshadow it next year is if we get a full on Hob/Null/Bishop war with plenty of interconnected material between the main ongoing and Universe, plus another "summer event" like B&R and Dimension X, or things finally kicking into gear with the Pantheon like you mentioned. Who knows. The wait is the worst part!
Yep, the only thing missing for me is some kind of Triceraton arc, as they've been oddly very underused in the IDW-verse so far. Aside from their lack of appearances, they've using all the other pivotal TMNT characters to their full potential.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #48
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep, the only thing missing for me is some kind of Triceraton arc, as they've been oddly very underused in the IDW-verse so far. Aside from their lack of appearances, they've using all the other pivotal TMNT characters to their full potential.
We might see a confrontation or skirmish with the Triceratons before #100, something that breaks ground for future storylines, but if I had to guess, the plate will be too full before the 100's for any real invasion/war arc as is the norm with them. Plus, if the comic keeps going that long, we'll need new big bads, amirite? Not to mention, I feel a Triceraton invasion would work a lot better if and when Bishop eventually sees the folly of his actions and actually enlists the Turtles' help.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #49
AlZarkovski
Hench Mutant
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 469
Interview with Waltz & Eastman. Few spoiler details.
__________________
Sorry for my bad English
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #50
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,799
Eastman mentioned hevwill appear at Ultimate Comics in orth Carolina. Does anyone know which one of the three locations?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #51
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Interview with Waltz & Eastman. Few spoiler details.
Interesting little interview. So I guess Hakk-R is coming after Fugitoid and the Turtles get involved.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #52
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Interesting little interview. So I guess Hakk-R is coming after Fugitoid and the Turtles get involved.
Makes sense. Fugitoid is a much bigger witness than a few Earthling mutants.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,805
Given we know Malinga is coming, maybe this Hakk-R character is one of her underlings?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #54
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,020
It'd be interesting (to say the least) if Stockman were pegged as a witness/target as well, given his role in the construction of the Technodrome.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It'd be interesting (to say the least) if Stockman were pegged as a witness/target as well, given his role in the construction of the Technodrome.
THAT would be awesome. But I don't think the Neutrinos have jurisdiction to bring in someone from Earth to testify... it'd be a little tricky.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #56
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 2,524
Quote:
In reality, the Turtles are, for the most part, bystanders to the circumstances surrounding his nefarious mission -- but they don't stay out of it for long as the intended victim is one of their very close friends and most important allies.
Well, of COURSE it would be the Fugitioid.

But boy, I'm just imagining him celebrating being rebuilt and then the assassin just...bursts in and tries to take him out again. Then Ch'rell catches on to what's going on and tries to "deal" with Fugitiod himself, against his sister's protests, with the turtles finally in the mix of it.

Of course, when I think of someone named with a variation of "Hacker", I immediately think of
__________________

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-04-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:13 AM   #57
spookycookies
Hench Mutant
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
It'd be interesting (to say the least) if Stockman were pegged as a witness/target as well, given his role in the construction of the Technodrome.
Yeah barring any surprises we probably won't have seen Stockman in like a year once Dimension X starts so it would be about time to have him poke his head out of the lab.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #58
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Hmm. I'm betting the assassin is either a computer-hacking whiz or he has a big sword/axe/blade with which he hacks people up. Or both!
Either way, he's pretty cool. That is all.
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #59
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 6,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulAllor View Post
Either way, he's pretty cool. That is all.
When would we likely se a character design sheet of Hakk-r? I admit I was expecting Antrax so I am wondering if he is an analog.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #60
PaulAllor
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
When would we likely se a character design sheet of Hakk-r? I admit I was expecting Antrax so I am wondering if he is an analog.
Boy howdy, am I the wrong person to ask!
PaulAllor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.