The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #21
Shortfuse
Random Punk

The original Ninja (as opposed to Hero) Turtles Michelangelo figure in about 1991 - although Raphael was my favourite - either I just wanted Breakfightin' Raphael and they didn't have any or they didn't have any Raph figures at all - they did have the Storage Shell figures though.

Shortfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:05 AM   #22
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

I bought Michealangelo and a Foot Soldier for my birthday in 89.

The big stand of TMNT toys in the toyshop was such a cool thing, I've never forgotten it.

R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #23
Freeman
Hench Mutant

1989 Christmas at Grandmas'

Wacky Action Rock N' Roll Michaelangelo + Foot Soldier
Turtlecycle

Mikey has always been my favourite. Despite I wanted the original one, I guess that was too hard to find and these two came together on some sort of sale pack.

Not a vehicle collector, but I wanted the Party Vagon too bad and was out of my parents reach, so mum wanted to know wich vehicle would I enjoy 'If Santa could'nt bring the Vagon'. I loved playing with that motorcycle and making Mikey arm spin at extra speed. Still got the figure (displayed, along with the rest of brothers I eventually got when I was a child), but I recon we gave the turtlecycle to the Curch.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #24
wpugh2424
Hench Mutant

1988 soft heads leo and don
Brother got hard head mike and soft head raph
Old 02-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #25
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I love those, always wanted 'em. They're made by a Germany company called Bully.
You can find some on eBay.

Wow, while I was looking for this I remembered their smell, it feels weird, it's like they're right here in my hands, it's so vividly (don't heve them with me at the moment, they're in my parents basement with all my childhood toys, I'll have to go search for them
Old 02-02-2017, 09:44 PM   #26
rinascimento
Thug

1988 soft head leo, still remember that day vividly...
Old 02-02-2017, 11:34 PM   #27
SavageSloth
Thug

The original foot soldier. Was so happy. Thinking of it now makes me wonder why...
SavageSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #28
Shark_Blade
Scarlet Flame

TMNT inflatable punching bag. How stupid yet I loved it.

Sonic Forces - PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbone, PC
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #29
Vundi
Hench Mutant

Michaelangelo on a quick visit to Children's Palace in 1988. Been going ever since. Oddly enough, just today I got my SH Figuarts Michaelangelo figure from BBTS!! Can't wait to get home and crack it open.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #30
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I can't remember which one was my first....

However, I had a Raphael original, a Donatello turtle troll, and and sewer speaking mikey? it had the microphone type shell. I think I got those all at the same time now that I think about it.

Those were the best.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #31
Wretched Reptile
Thug

Original soft head Raph and Shredder, along with the Cheapskate. Man, Raph on that Cheapskate is such a nostalgic thing for me. I wanted him with it so badly on my first TMNT toy buying outing, and all because of the package art. And that Cheapskate kicked the ever-loving crap out of Shredder for days on end lol.

I got Baxter and a Wacky-Action Mouser weeks after that and Shredder made them take on all the abuse then. Appropriate, of course.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #32
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I don't remember, but it was either head droppin' Donnie or Wacky Action Mikey. Mikey's arm broke and I lost Donnie. After that I got Mutatin' Raph and Lifegaurd Leo, and replaced the other two with Super Mike and cartoon Donnie. This rounded up my tmnt "roster" until I was about 11 and got the original 4 turtles to replace them. But those four have a special place in my heart.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #33
Spidergreg
Stone Warrior

I don't know why i have these pics but my first ninja turtle was a soft head Raphael.

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:58 PM   #34
HallamSpaceCadet
Random Punk

My older brother had some before me but I distinctly remember bringing Raphael the Space Cadet home from Beattie's Toys when I was 3 or 4. My Mum thought he was ridiculous. I thought he was awesome!
HallamSpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:45 AM   #35
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
1989 Christmas at Grandmas'

Wacky Action Rock N' Roll Michaelangelo + Foot Soldier
Turtlecycle

Mikey has always been my favourite. Despite I wanted the original one, I guess that was too hard to find and these two came together on some sort of sale pack.

Not a vehicle collector, but I wanted the Party Vagon too bad and was out of my parents reach, so mum wanted to know wich vehicle would I enjoy 'If Santa could'nt bring the Vagon'. I loved playing with that motorcycle and making Mikey arm spin at extra speed. Still got the figure (displayed, along with the rest of brothers I eventually got when I was a child), but I recon we gave the turtlecycle to the Curch.
Was TMNT in Spain already by Christmas 1989? Didn't hit Sweden until August 1990.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

(under reconstruction, will last some time because of computer problems. Hopefully, some will reappear as soon as possible)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #36
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I don't have a good picture in my mind, so I may be wrong, but I think I got Wacky Action Raph and Mike, as well as Usagi and Baxter on the same day.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #37
Splint'r
Foot Soldier

My very first TMNT figure in the 80s, was the original Rocksteady (soft head).
I became soooo obsessed with ninja turtles that I begged and begged for a turtle figure every week. My step dad ended up taking me to two different TRUs and all I could find were some of the secondary characters. NO turtles. I ended up grabbing Rocksteady, because no way would I go home empty handed.

While I was really bummed to not find a turtle, I did fall in love with my Rocksteady figure and would stare at it for days... I was between 9 and 10 years old then. I didn't finally get my first actual turtle figure, until I turned 11. I managed to buy a loose Raphael figure from another kid friend and then later, my mom finally grabbed me the other 3 figures which, by then, were available almost everywhere. The hype was dying down a bit. Only a bit. Unfortunately (and fortunately) by that time, I was already getting out of playing with toys too. So my figures remained mostly on display and thus, I still have every single one of them today in near new looking condition.

Prior to me getting the turtles, I improvised and made myself a set of paper turtles and a shoe box sewer, with only an actual Rocksteady figure to work with. haha

sigh.

http://www.narcomics.com
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #38
SS Kakarot
Stone Warrior

The original Raphael figure. It's the only figure I didn't keep the card from, after that I saved all the cards.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #39
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

The soft head original Donatello was my first TMNT figure. I still remember one evening of my whole family going to Target and my stumbling onto the TMNT toy line for the first time in the toy aisle there and Donatello somehow became the first TMNT I ever got.

I don't know what drew me specifically to him first, but I know within the next few months I would get the entire first wave of TMNT figures and the Party Wagon.

Funny thing is since that time, every time a new TMNT line comes out, I make sure I get Donatello first still...as kind of a nod/tribute to my past I guess.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:41 AM   #40
LilithMV
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I had some of the BULLY figures, but I had these guys. One set at my dad's place and one at my mom's Sadly I don't have any of them anymore

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jScAAO...zTJ/s-l300.jpg
http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/...qJT/s-l225.jpg

Don's bo was removable.
I still have those 3. And it was them that I played with for about a month before I got the actual figures, this back in 1990, or something like that.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote