The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

For Christmas 2003 or 2004 I got a 2 sets: One with Leonardo, Raphael and Shredder and the other one with Donatello, Michelangelo and a Foot Ninja.

So yeah, all of the 4 turtles plus Shredder and a foot ninja. Not bad, eh?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #42
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I got all four Playmates Turtles for my 9th birthday back in December of 1990. I got a few more of the characters on Christmas Day. (I saw to it that the Turtles watched the presents under our tree.)

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #43
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I have insanely awesome memories of many TMNT toys, but the one that started it all was actually a bad guy!

I remember telling my Dad how I really wanted a Rocksteady figure because I thought he was so goofy and funny in the animated show. A few nights later, my Dad told me to grab something for him out of one of the drawers in the kitchen. My eyes lit up when I pulled open the drawer and there was a brand spankin' new Rocksteady! It's the hard-head version and I believe I received him in 1989, but it could have been '88.

My Dad actually loved the thrill of the hunt in trying to find many of the coveted TMNT characters over time. I would receive turtles as an allowance sometimes, for doing random chores or...just because. One Halloween I received Fugitoid just for giving up some Halloween candy.

However, aside from Rocksteady, another HUGE super memorable thing that I received was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sewer Playset. That thing was my Red Ryder BB Gun in '89. I was a brat and waited until last minute when my Mom took me to see Santa. My testing Santa's authenticity was to ask for this super hot toy that was sold out all over...the sewer playset. I know my Mom's jaw dropped when I asked for this while sitting on the fat man's lap and I obviously feel bad now, but man...I wanted that thing so bad! So last minute, my parents were on the search and found one of the last ones at FAO Schwarz. This thing was seriously like the Turbo Man of the Christmas season of '89...at least in my area it was. When I opened the sewer playset on Christmas morning, I was elated. I played with that playset every day after school, when I wasn't busy hanging out with friends. I friggin' loved that thing and I still have it today.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #44
billbot85
Mad Scientist

I believe the first figures that I got were the four turtles on Easter 1990, followed by getting Splinter, April, Shredder, and Krang (in the bubble walker). I remember taking the figures out of the package with my sister and giving them their weapons/accessories.

I got the Party Wagon and the Leonardo Role Play Gear for my birthday in September of that same year, and also got Bebop and Rocksteady for Christmas (I think I got Casey Jones sometime around this year too...).

Awesome memories.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:51 PM   #45
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Mine was a Leonardo figure, during the 90s, that stored weapons inside the shell.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:02 AM   #46
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant

Some of you may remember, but back in 1990 (when the Hero Turtles first came to the UK) the figures were INCREDIBLY in demand. They were very hard to find!

In the summer of that year, my sister got April, I got Shredder and my brother got Donatello. These were the only figures we could find (otherwise I would have got a Turtle too!)

Christmas 1990, my parents picked me up the remaining 7 from the original series. My dad later said he had so many drives to Tesco, Toys R Us and many other shops hunting them all down... I also got the Turtle blimp that year too
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #47
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg
Decided to dig out my first TMNT figure for some pics.
He's still in pretty decent conditions after all these years.
But he's soo tiny! I used to think he was a bigger sized figure. But I guess small me would have thought that. LOL Either that or I'm just used to large scale figures now, like my new Jungle Hunter who absolutely dwarfs Sewer Surfin' Leo.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote