The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #41
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

It depends

I do this thing where I either don't play much at all or I do 1-3 hours a day until I beat a particular game.

I found a Super Nintendo Jr. at my local retro gaming store and have been blasting my way through Super Metroid over the last week.

In all, I own a SNES (2 of them now), a PS2, a Wii, PS3, three Game Boy Advance systems, and a PS4. I also have a few games on my PC.

Most days, though, I feel compelled to do other things (like reading/art).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #42
kaptainmyke
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Are you trying to get like, cred around here? No one cares.
No I just found it narcissistic that those 2 acted like they were the only ones around here that play video games or know anything about video games. I don't need cred here. It's not a video game forum. Most people don't care about trophies any way. I make up less than 10% of the gaming population statistically.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:09 PM   #43
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Before I had kids I'd say probably 35-40 hours a week. Now....about 1-2 a week.... If I'm lucky. I got my Switch and played through Breath of the Wild and probably won't be able to really pick it up again and binge until Mario. There's just not really anything coming up on XB1 and I finally just got rid of my PS4. Although now I got a major raise at work and don't have to work 5 days a week now and since the kids are in school I might get a lot more time to play and that will be awesome. It's a lifelong hobby for me and I miss it dearly when I don't really get to do it.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #44
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not that much recently. The last two games that I spent a lot of time playing were Zelda - A Link Between Worlds and Sonic Boom - Fire and Ice.
I love A Link Between Worlds. Breath of the Wild just rubbed me wrong with all the weapon durability stuff and things like that and so I actually would say that I had more fun with A Link Between Worlds than I did with Breath of the Wild. I know that's just me but that's just how I feel about it. I also enjoyed Wind Waker and Ocarina more than BOTW as well.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #45
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Does anyone here have stories of games they got into over 10 years ago? I'm talking about games that you still check out even to this day. For me, the only 3 regular video games I play have been out for than a decade and I haven't been interested in maining anything else ever since:

1. Pokemon: I started when I got Pokemon Ruby for the GBA in about 2005. Was instantly hooked to the series then and started playing FireRed, Leafgreen, Sapphire and Emerald as well. Then I got a DS in 2008 which was when I began playing Diamond and Platinum. My DS then one day broke and I didn't play Pokemon for a few more years until I discovered emulators. That got me into the gen 1 and 2 Pokemon games. However, I never got into Black and White and never tried it, instead just quitting the mainstream Pokemon games completely when I discovered Pokemon Showdown which I still play to this day since 2013.

2. Counter-Strike I discovered in 2006 I think when my dad first got the family a desktop PC and I was allowed to buy one game for it. Browsing the flea market of cheap games, I discovered Counter-Strike. It looked interesting so I chose that game (mostly just due to the awesome looking packaging of a SWAT team). When I installed it onto my pc, I was instantly hooked. Ive tried out Counter Strike Source and Global Offensive as well and liked them, but its 1.6/Condition Zero which keeps me coming. Even the Deleted Scenes mode is a guilty pleasure for me and Ive had so many good memories playing Counter-Strike for over 10 years, from inviting friends to play Lan, to having all the different skins, to the experience and feel of the game in general. Still play it occassionaly every week and proud of it.

3. Super Smash Bros: Where do I begin? Well I guess at my cousins house where I saw them with this weird purple toy box with a kiddy gamepad attached to it. Weird as the console was, the game it was playing looked absolutely stunning. Mario and link duelling on Pokemon Stadium, what an awesome concept! I was instantly hooked and it became I sole reason I used to come to visit my cousins so frequently about 10 years ago. Even better, we were neighbours so it was less than a walk in the park. Anyways, I put alot of hours into Smash Bros Melee back then and it became even better when I got a Wii and began playing Brawl. My cousins also showed me their N64 with a working copy of the first smash game so I got the best of all three worlds. I enjoyed all 3 smash games immensely at the time. However, when I moved away from my cousins (overseas), I sort of lost interst over time. That is until last year when I tested Melee on the Dolphin emulator and it worked! I plugged my laptop onto the tv screen and use a Ps3 controller to make melee feel like the good old gamecube again. I've never played Smash 4 for the Wii U and 3DS. I love 64 and brawl alot but Melees my all time no.1 favourite and I still play it to this day. Watching competitive melee videos is also fun and its helped me develop my skill over time.
I've been gaming since 1986 so there are tons of games that I've played through multiple times and games that I always go back to. Speaking in terms of generations I still remember like it was yesterday when Mario 3 came out and I've played that game over and over. Then on Genesis I've played through Sonic 2 over and over and on Super NES Street Fighter 2 was my favorite and that's a game I can always play. Then on PS1 it's definitely Metal Gear. I can't tell you the time I've spent with that game. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan. (more about that in a moment) Then on 64 Ocarina and Mario Party and Smash Bros were games I could never get enough of. Then on PS2 it was Sons of Liberty EASILY. In 2002 I was actually involved in a worldwide speed run tourney through Tips and Tricks Mag and actually had a time that tied for 10th in the world. You just had to beat the game as fast as possible from start to finish and I beat it in 96 minutes. I played it over and over and over to whittle my time down to that and really could have gotten it down more but figured that might be good enough to win it all. Got my name in the mag for it though and that was so cool.

On Gamecube it's Wind Waker and Eternal Darkness and Viewtiful Joe. Obviously I loved Smash Bros and Mario Sunshine as well.

On original XBOX it was Ninja Gaiden. I've been a huge fan since the 80's and man when that game came out I played through it over and over and over. Then I played through the Black version. Then on ps3 I played the Sigma version as well. LOL!

On ps3 my favorite game would be Metal Gear 4 obviously.

On 360 my favorite "exclusive" is Gears of War and specifically part 2. Although my favorite overall is Dark Souls. I love Dark Souls so much that I literally beat it from start to finish as a Level One just to take that challenge. To this day it's one of the funnest times I've ever had with a game. That's a game that I will always never be able to get enough of.

On XB1 it's Dark Souls 3 and on PS4 it's Bloodborne. If you haven't guessed by now I pretty much adore Miyazaki and the whole Souls series. LOL! So that's pretty much my gaming life in a microcosm. Although I didn't even get in to my love for survival horror and Okami and Mark of Kri and Soul Reaver and Vagrant Story and Kingdom Hearts. But I digress. LOL!