The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #61
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I still feel that girls should be taught that you shouldn't have to take nude photos of yourself for a guy to like you. I feel this is a big problem too.
While we're doing that, can we also teach guys to take rejection with some grace? Because the whole concept of revenge porn is hearing an answer you don't like and retaliating.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #62
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,655
Not entirely. You'd be surprised at how many nudes get passed around "just because" or to cause drama.
snake is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #63
ToTheNines
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
While we're doing that, can we also teach guys to take rejection with some grace? Because the whole concept of revenge porn is hearing an answer you don't like and retaliating.
That seems weird to me top. I've never had a relationship end after the first breakup. Everyone likes the on again/off again game. Why burn the bridge when you can leave the door open for some make up sex?
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #64
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That seems weird to me top. I've never had a relationship end after the first breakup. Everyone likes the on again/off again game. Why burn the bridge when you can leave the door open for some make up sex?
Because kids have no sense of The Long Game.
I mean, one of the basic rules of dating is to know how your new partner treats their Exs.
You can tell a lot about someone by how many of their Exs they still keep in contact with.

If they're ALL terrible people, by your partner's estimation?
Run. Don't walk. RUN.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #65
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I still feel that girls should be taught that you shouldn't have to take nude photos of yourself for a guy to like you. I feel this is a big problem too.
I am sure that their parents do teach them things like that. The issue is that this all falls apart when they are surrounded by peers and seeking acceptance. The issue is that parents of boys don't teach them not to be s**ts.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 11:06 AM   #66
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I agree and that they should be taught common sense when it comes to these things. But at the same time, I definitely feel where they're coming from as they usually mean it to be a private thing and not something that will get shared around. Then they have this breach of trust from the person who gets wronged for some reason so the wronged person goes and shares it and the other person's life is ruined. That can be damaging and that's why there needs to be more education about this thing.

But going back to Nines' example, let's say you let someone borrow your gun and he uses it to kill people. Then your gun is part of the murder investigation and you are considered a suspect in that murder because your gun was used in said murder even though you didn't fire it. How would that make you feel, mrmaczaps? Not very good, right? Yet you entrusted this person to take care of your gun and felt he would use it properly but he didn't. Now, you're screwed because that guy violated your trust.

That's sort of the point of this whole thing. Yes, people shouldn't take nude pictures or be so trusting, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't sympathize with what this costs people and should spread awareness about it and educate people just like we do on gun safety.

Does that make sense to you?
The hypothetical of me loaning my gun is flawed as i"'m smart enough to NOT loan it because of exactly that possibility has run through my mind.

I do understand that it's bad that this happens. But be smart and make better choices NOT to send nudes to start with and it becomes a Non-Issue.

Please feel free to swing wildly and keep missing.

I also don't let my friends drive my car because I've seen how they drive theirs.
I don't loan out my comics because some of my friends read theirs while taking a crap.
I am responsible for me and whats mine.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 AM   #67
ToTheNines
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Parents should just teach their kids to not be horny. That'd solve this whole mess.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-26-2017 at 12:35 PM.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #68
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,932
They wouldn't know how. That's why they are stuck with kids to begin with.
Rooish is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #69
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
The hypothetical of me loaning my gun is flawed as i"'m smart enough to NOT loan it because of exactly that possibility has run through my mind.

I do understand that it's bad that this happens. But be smart and make better choices NOT to send nudes to start with and it becomes a Non-Issue.

Please feel free to swing wildly and keep missing.

I also don't let my friends drive my car because I've seen how they drive theirs.
I don't loan out my comics because some of my friends read theirs while taking a crap.
I am responsible for me and whats mine.
You're only protected so long as you maintain the ability to consent, and are able to enforce the boundaries of that consent.

This is not always the case.

People who take pictures and send them to a partner are consenting for their partner to see them, not for their partner to be a assclown and send them to others.

You say you don't consent to allowing people to touch your firearms, or your comics or your car, but...you may find yourself in a position to have that boundary revoked without warning, and by your logic it'd be your fault for having those things in the first place.

Say you get into a fenderbender tomorrow. Someone hits you, and now you've suffered an injury.

Well, if you weren't in the car you wouldn't have had that injury.
Oh sure, the guy who hit you is at fault, but really....if you wanted to protect yourself you wouldn't drive.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #70
DisKosh
Foot Soldier
 
DisKosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 244
It is frustrating because I'm in a long distance relationship and I'd love to send my boyfriend nudes. I trust him 100% but if his phone gets nicked or something, they could get out.

It's also the societal stigma of being a victim of having your images distributed. You're seen as a slut by others even if you're legally classed as innocent, it's not how you'll be seen by future employers. People will be less likely to take you seriously.

I think this is somewhat like being an unmarried mother in the early 20th century, not illegal but people would look upon you with mistrust and you're seen as a 'whore' for just doing what pretty much everyone does.

I don't know if this will achieve anything but it's worth a try so I support them.
DisKosh is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #71
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
I think this is somewhat like being an unmarried mother in the early 20th century, not illegal but people would look upon you with mistrust and you're seen as a 'whore' for just doing what pretty much everyone does.
Sigh. Sometimes I feel like the specifics change but the society never does.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #72
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Your grandparents? Aren't they from the early 1900's?

Hell my grandparents were born in 1927-1930, so that means they largely grew up in the late 40's and 50's. They didn't have technology back then.
They did, ran across a 1920's nude pic of my great grandmother a few years back when she herself was in her 20's. Was not sure what to do with it? My great grandmother died in the early 1980's, so its has history. I was like 2 or 3 when she pass. Didn't want to destroy the thing or trash it.
I made up my mind to keep it. It just goes to show yes they did have technology than, it may not be cellphones sending pics, but they had the ability to take pics.
turtle1237 is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #73
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Currently in Tokyo, Japan)
Posts: 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
While we're doing that, can we also teach guys to take rejection with some grace? Because the whole concept of revenge porn is hearing an answer you don't like and retaliating.
Absolutely! That definitely needs to be taught as well.
ssjup81 is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #74
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
They did, ran across a 1920's nude pic of my great grandmother a few years back when she herself was in her 20's. Was not sure what to do with it? My great grandmother died in the early 1980's, so its has history. I was like 2 or 3 when she pass. Didn't want to destroy the thing or trash it.
I made up my mind to keep it. It just goes to show yes they did have technology than, it may not be cellphones sending pics, but they had the ability to take pics.
Oh you totally made the right call on that one.
That's an awesome find.

It's human nature. Whenever we find a new technology our second or third thoughts...and maybe sometimes our first, are: how can I use this to make porn?

Some of the earliest human art are nudes.
Paleolithic Venus comes to mind.
And current thinking there is that those figures were carved by women looking down at their own bodies. Hence the disproportions and lack of head.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?

Last edited by plastroncafe; 03-26-2017 at 05:44 PM.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #75
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,645
So true! I thought of bringing up some of the classical Greek or Renaissance masters' nudes but it seemed so obvious. I mean they had women posing for those pieces after all! I wonder how Botticelli's model felt about everyone seeing her naked in a painting?
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #76
ToTheNines
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's human nature. Whenever we find a new technology our second or third thoughts...and maybe sometimes our first, are: how can I use this to make porn?
There was a Brazzers scene last year that featured both preformers on hover boards.
ToTheNines is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #77
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Oh you totally made the right call on that one.
That's an awesome find.

It's human nature. Whenever we find a new technology our second or third thoughts...and maybe sometimes our first, are: how can I use this to make porn?

Some of the earliest human art are nudes.
Paleolithic Venus comes to mind.
And current thinking there is that those figures were carved by women looking down at their own bodies. Hence the disproportions and lack of head.
Your right we are sexual creatures, and its rewriting history saying our great grandparents never took nude pics of themselves. Once the camera was invented, guess what? You can see nude ladies from the 1800's. Now I not saying to spread pics of your girl friends to get back for breaking up or something. That's wrong. And not right. But at the same time, once we had the camera, Man started to take pics of less dress ladies lol.
turtle1237 is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #78
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
So true! I thought of bringing up some of the classical Greek or Renaissance masters' nudes but it seemed so obvious. I mean they had women posing for those pieces after all! I wonder how Botticelli's model felt about everyone seeing her naked in a painting?
I am strange, I loved Greek art. male and female, if its Greek, I want it.
Statues, I got nude Zeus, nude Venus, fully dress Athena, nude Hercules(My first and favorite of my Greek statues) nude dying Achilles, nude disc thower,

Herc in the nude doing the thrown down on some poor soul in a wrestling match(He is crushing him with the bear hug)

I am not gay, loved the ladies and all. But I also loved Greek art, and I collect a lot of the statues.
turtle1237 is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #79
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
You're only protected so long as you maintain the ability to consent, and are able to enforce the boundaries of that consent.

This is not always the case.

People who take pictures and send them to a partner are consenting for their partner to see them, not for their partner to be a assclown and send them to others.

You say you don't consent to allowing people to touch your firearms, or your comics or your car, but...you may find yourself in a position to have that boundary revoked without warning, and by your logic it'd be your fault for having those things in the first place.

Say you get into a fenderbender tomorrow. Someone hits you, and now you've suffered an injury.

Well, if you weren't in the car you wouldn't have had that injury.
Oh sure, the guy who hit you is at fault, but really....if you wanted to protect yourself you wouldn't drive.
Live defensively. I may not be able to avoid being in a car accident but I CAN avoid sending nudes thus preventing my s/o from sharing them on purpose or accidentaly.

Best just not to take and send nudes. Besides, all the internet providers have the potential to be able to see them, plus how many servers and other machines do they go through... your isp can see your browser history... the federal government likely has a nice stash of amature porn... really. Lol
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline  
Old 03-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #80
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Live defensively. I may not be able to avoid being in a car accident but I CAN avoid sending nudes thus preventing my s/o from sharing them on purpose or accidentaly.

Best just not to take and send nudes. Besides, all the internet providers have the potential to be able to see them, plus how many servers and other machines do they go through... your isp can see your browser history... the federal government likely has a nice stash of amature porn... really. Lol
By all means, feel free to leave as little to chance as possible.
Don't leave yourself open to more liability than you feel you can shoulder.

But, don't think that because you don't choose to send nudes, that they might not be out there anyway.

Playboy model Dani Mathers pleads not guilty in body-shaming photo case

Trial begins in case of Rutgers student who filmed gay roommate

But don't worry, should someone take a pic of you without your consent, and post it....also without your consent, there'll be more than a helpful amount of people with your logic saying it was your fault for allowing it to happen in the first place.

Even if you didn't.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.