The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,560
Video Game Hackers and Trolls

I am often annoyed by game hackers. I primarily play mk7 so that is my only reference point for encountering them. But I remember the first time I noticed one. It was before the race even started the track was getting bombarded with bombs and lightning strikes. At first I was like what the heck is happening but quickly caught on.

My initial strategy was to just continue the race and stay away, but that proved useless. Now if I encounter a hacker I just reset and return to the home screen before the game begins or if it's to late and the race starts I put it in reverse and force a communication error that exits me from the game.

I consider the trolls to be the racers that don't want to win. They just want to create havoc. They get red shells or stars and just cause mischief. They usually get last in every race. It's becoming very easy to spot and avoid them though.

So trolls I can deal with but hackers I don't have patience for. Seems like mk7 is super filled with hackers now a days and almost impossible to avoid at certain times.

Have you ever come across hackers or trolls in games you play?

Last edited by TurtleWA; 03-31-2017 at 10:51 AM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,013
Havent encountered trolls or hackers but I have come across tryhards, especially in Mario Kart 8. My favorite kind of gamer is the one who complains that people are being d*cks in games but then have the same edge themselves.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Alien 3 (1992).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E46).
Last Video Game Played: Dirt 4 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Havent encountered trolls or hackers but I have come across tryhards, especially in Mario Kart 8. My favorite kind of gamer is the one who complains that people are being d*cks in games but then have the same edge themselves.
Not sure what a tryhard is? Sounds like your fav type of gamer is a hypocrite.

Being a troll or hacking seems like it would get boring very fast. I mean what's the point, really.

I'm not complaining as much as I am trying to see if it happens alot in other games and what the driving force might be behind it.

So is mk8 fun to play, never played it?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,013
A tryhard is someone whos super competitive in gaming...lol

Also Mario Kart 8 is pretty fun.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Alien 3 (1992).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E46).
Last Video Game Played: Dirt 4 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,611
When I used to play Call of Duty 4 on the ps3, about 1 in 5 games used to be hacked which was annoying. I didn't mind the zombie mod servers so much but the servers with people on infinite health and killing all enemies with one shot were frustrating. The problem was even worse in world at war, with half of all games being hacked.

Don't play those much games anymore though, these days I only occassionaly pop in Counter Strike 1.6 online and I've not encountered a single server with hackers/cheaters since unlike call of duty, counter strike does have anti cheat measures and if those fail, hackers can be banned from the game by the admin.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
A tryhard is someone whos super competitive in gaming...lol

Also Mario Kart 8 is pretty fun.
Oh okay. Good to know a new phrase. Lol. So at first glance I might think hackers are tryhards but from their patterns it doesn't seem to be about winning to them. They could just rip around, do their laps quickly, and win. But they stick with the pack, blow people up, cause major devastation, and then finally win. It's like they aren't happy unless causing major carnage on the way to victory. Actually pseudo-victory.

So I might get a Switch this holiday season to play some MK on. That's probably pretty fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
When I used to play Call of Duty 4 on the ps3, about 1 in 5 games used to be hacked which was annoying. I didn't mind the zombie mod servers so much but the servers with people on infinite health and killing all enemies with one shot were frustrating. The problem was even worse in world at war, with half of all games being hacked.

Don't play those much games anymore though, these days I only occassionaly pop in Counter Strike 1.6 online and I've not encountered a single server with hackers/cheaters since unlike call of duty, counter strike does have anti cheat measures and if those fail, hackers can be banned from the game by the admin.

Half of all games being hacked really sounds horrible. Seems about the same as mk7, a 50/50 chance I can jump into a group of honest racers.

It's very difficult to get out of the groups sometimes also. I can shutdown and everything but get lumped in with the same group consistently. I don't know what's up with that. I do like the preview mode while waiting to race it shows current race in progress and I can see if it looks legit or head back to my home screen right away and not waste to much time.

MK7 has no anti cheat measures or admins.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #7
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 625
Big Pokémon player, and its at it worse. Hack Pokémon all over GTS and Wonder trade. Why I was able to get 2 shiny 6iv Pokémon in 3 days on Wonder trade, and one of them is the legendary dog Raikou, shiny 6iv and supposedly from HGSS. Now with plenty of resets in HGSS you can get a shiny legend like Mewtwo or Raikou. 1 in 40000 or so. BUT to get it 6iv and right nature is even lower. I say the ODDS of it being hack is like 100 percent.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
Wildcat
Mad Scientist
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,828
Sounds like you need...the Sword of a Thousand Truths


Hurry, before anyone else dies...in Mario Kart.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:38 AM   #9
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,099
lame

They suck. Ruin call of duty for me
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Big Pokémon player, and its at it worse. Hack Pokémon all over GTS and Wonder trade. Why I was able to get 2 shiny 6iv Pokémon in 3 days on Wonder trade, and one of them is the legendary dog Raikou, shiny 6iv and supposedly from HGSS. Now with plenty of resets in HGSS you can get a shiny legend like Mewtwo or Raikou. 1 in 40000 or so. BUT to get it 6iv and right nature is even lower. I say the ODDS of it being hack is like 100 percent.
I'm sorry to say I know very little about Pokémon. But it sounds like you are figuring out ways to still whoop ace and be successful even with the hackers. Hooray to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Sounds like you need...the Sword of a Thousand Truths
https://s18.postimg.org/qo5bws3c9/IMG_0507.jpg

Hurry, before anyone else dies...in Mario Kart.
I don't think I am the chosen one, am not worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
They suck. Ruin call of duty for me
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #11
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I'm sorry to say I know very little about Pokémon. But it sounds like you are figuring out ways to still whoop ace and be successful even with the hackers. Hooray to that!



I don't think I am the chosen one, am not worthy.


You don't need hack mons to win, unless its something odd like a mon with the wrong ability(which has happen to me, ran into a fire Rotom with storm drain(Which pretty much makes water moves useless, and powers up the attack of the pokemon with Storm drain, and by the way Rotom does not get storm drain.)

Caught me off guard, lost and was pretty upset over that lost.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.