The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 AM   #41
Leofan26
Stone Warrior
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 968
UGH, flipping scary what's going on right now. Call me a snow flake fine whatever I'd rather no Wars and deaths and more freedom to move around thanks. I see a Trump supporter on here and that's fine, please respect my opinion as I would yours, I feel like we are going backwards in life instead of moving forward, I am freaking out over the possibilities of a World War 3, why? I thought Trump wanted to keep out of that stuff and keep America first? What happened to that? I'm also confused why a lot of Trump supporters are so for all these flip flops he's doing on his promises
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 AM   #42
snake
Neutral Milk Hotel
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
UGH, flipping scary what's going on right now. Call me a snow flake fine whatever I'd rather no Wars and deaths and more freedom to move around thanks. I see a Trump supporter on here and that's fine, please respect my opinion as I would yours, I feel like we are going backwards in life instead of moving forward, I am freaking out over the possibilities of a World War 3, why? I thought Trump wanted to keep out of that stuff and keep America first? What happened to that? I'm also confused why a lot of Trump supporters are so for all these flip flops he's doing on his promises
It's literally been the opposite. I saw a sh*tload of people jump ship online and a couple IRL.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
If you have to explain why a joke isn't funny to you, then your ass is salty.

It's not out where you are? Too bad, no one cares about you.
snake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #43
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Basically, it's like this. There's all different styles of right wingers and left wingers, but even still, they pretty much all bow to the Party nominee no matter how retarded they are.

Trump (who's really more of moderate Democrat/Rockefeller Republican) spent the whole campaign beating the nationalist drum. Really, most registered Republicans are Neoconservatives, so the fact that Trump has gone full Neocon before his first 100 is up has them all hard as oak.

So a lot of this current wave of nationalism was just in opposition of everything Obama was doing, rather than a legitimate ideology. So the real nationalists have jumped ship, and the fake one's are still on his dick, because "i hate democrats".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #44
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 5,731
Missiles launched at Syria.
MOAB dropped on Afghanistan.
China and Korea basically daring the administration to start something.

Interesting times.

Stay safe out there, folks.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
plastroncafe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #45
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
I've been scared sh*tless the past couple weeks. Been avoiding the news and trying to catch up on my reading list.

I'll be too old to get drafted in about 2 weeks, but they can always change the rules.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #46
Leofan26
Stone Warrior
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I've been scared sh*tless the past couple weeks. Been avoiding the news and trying to catch up on my reading list.

I'll be too old to get drafted in about 2 weeks, but they can always change the rules.
I feel your pain, I've been trying to avoid news too and just stick to Anime or keeping myself busy.

See, me living in California and watching or hearing what's unraveling with North Korea keeps giving me heart attacks about what's going on. Every time I see a white flash or some thing I think this is it and jump out of fear and it turns out to be some thing else
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #47
Leofan26
Stone Warrior
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Missiles launched at Syria.
MOAB dropped on Afghanistan.
China and Korea basically daring the administration to start something.

Interesting times.

Stay safe out there, folks.
I heard rumors China and Trump were on good terms though
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 29,688
North Korea's regime really needed to be taken out years ago, but of course nobody wants to send millions to their deaths which is why we avoided confrontation with them all these years. But with Trump in command and him already threatening North Korea on his twitter and his statements, it's probably only a matter of time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #49
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I feel your pain, I've been trying to avoid news too and just stick to Anime or keeping myself busy.

See, me living in California and watching or hearing what's unraveling with North Korea keeps giving me heart attacks about what's going on. Every time I see a white flash or some thing I think this is it and jump out of fear and it turns out to be some thing else
We have missile defense systems all over the world, I don't see a nuke getting anywhere near the continental US. Still scary. And I feel horrible for every one in South Korea, Japan, etc. And most of all, the innocent civilians in North Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
North Korea's regime really needed to be taken out years ago, but of course nobody wants to send millions to their deaths which is why we avoided confrontation with them all these years. But with Trump in command and him already threatening North Korea on his twitter and his statements, it's probably only a matter of time.
So you finally admit to being a Trump supporter...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #50
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,736
You dont have to be a Trump supporter to know that North Korea needed to be dealt with in some fashion before they actually were able to send a missle over to this side of the world...and I guarantee the ones bashing Trump for firing the first shot would be clamoring for some sort of a response.

Also lol @ people believing the Syrian president saying it was a fabrication when it's not the first time he's been accused of attacking his own people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar...ged_war_crimes
__________________

Last Movie Watched: TMNT (2007).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #51
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
You dont have to be a Trump supporter to know that North Korea needed to be dealt with in some fashion before they actually were able to send a missle over to this side of the world...and I guarantee the ones bashing Trump for firing the first shot would be clamoring for some sort of a response.
North Korea is not America's fault. Nor are they solely our problem.

Quote:

Also lol @ people believing the Syrian president saying it was a fabrication when it's not the first time he's been accused of attacking his own people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar...ged_war_crimes
He's definitely a piece of crap, but there are no good guys/bad guys in Syria. Just warring factions and innocents caught in the crossfire. The fact that their government is allied with Russia and Iran makes it a bad idea to fire ass loads of missiles at them, especially if our only reason was because Donald saw dead children on Fox and Friends.

This **** is not a competent leader:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #52
Leofan26
Stone Warrior
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
North Korea's regime really needed to be taken out years ago, but of course nobody wants to send millions to their deaths which is why we avoided confrontation with them all these years. But with Trump in command and him already threatening North Korea on his twitter and his statements, it's probably only a matter of time.
Tell me Cybercubed, are you going to join the army than since we seem to be heading in that direction? Since you feel so strongly about this. It's all talk till you experience it yourself. More soldiers being sent to graves and yes more innocent people getting caught in the blast. I'm not saying what happened in Syria was good, no it was horrible but what we are doing is no better for those people who live there or for people who live here. Worse, Trump banned people who want to get out of that situation, so it's like make up your mind? Are you for helping them or saving America itself? You can't have your cake and eat too.

Funny thing, Trump was against sending in troops to fight the situation before.

Course that's my opinion on this. I mean, like you said this has been going on for years.

FYI, Makes me wonder what would happen if Twitter wasn't around now.

I hope it doesn't TotheNines, I hope it doesn't. I know I shouldn't take comments online seriously but...That's why I've been trying to avoid news videos such though.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #53
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,410
"Trump LIED to his supporters"

Gee, if only there were some way to see this coming. Like the entire, well-documented history of Donald Trump as a person and "businessman". Something like that.

He's always been a conman. All he does is lie. That's his only real talent, and he's great at it -- he lies, he cons people, he cashes in and then leaves them in the dirt. Except now he's doing it to your entire country.

Everyone was warned ahead of time. Trump supporters chose to get conned anyway. No sympathy for any of 'em.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,044
It's a great thing to be too old to draft.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #55
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
It's a great thing to be too old to draft.
They can always change that. They were taking dudes well into their 40's back in WWII. Maybe I'll just claim "bone spurs" like our pussy ass president.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #56
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They can always change that. They were taking dudes well into their 40's back in WWII. Maybe I'll just claim "bone spurs" like our pussy ass president.
Yeah, but by the time they're changing the draft, we're probably at the point where we actually NEED to join up regardless...
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #57
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
Maybe they'll put all of us TMNT nerds in the same unit.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Maybe they'll put all of us TMNT nerds in the same unit.
I wouldn't trust half of these people to even know how to put on their helmet, much less hold a rifle.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #59
ToTheNines
BradFullersmiddlefinger
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Torchy's
Posts: 14,371
There's no way we'd be combat lol.

Saw this in the IDW solicits, but didn't wanna get political in the TMNT sections:



Quote:
Some people are saying, I don’t know, you tell me, but a lot of people are saying this is the greatest book of the year. This guy, Shannon Wheeler, he draws these cartoons for the New Yorker, MAD, the Onion — he’s very, very, good, okay? Now he’s illustrated the most incredible tweets. Wow! You won’t believe what he does with these tweets. I mean, these tweets changed the world, folks. It’s true! It’s very true. EVERYONE is going to want this book — even the haters and losers (Sad!).
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There's no way we'd be combat lol.

Saw this in the IDW solicits, but didn't wanna get political in the TMNT sections:

http://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ss...e13dc43cf6.jpg
I want that. I WANT THAT NOW.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.