The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
You do have to purchase the ticket from the store. I was able to do credit card over the phone, and then swing by to pick up my ticket later. But that was Wednesday. They did tell me there were a total of 200 tickets. Hopefully you won't have an issue.

I take what's in my bag unless I get there early enough that new issues are still out. There's no regularity in which day of the week I make it to the comic shop.

I just bought it over the phone via credit card. Btw, its two items for one ticket. Tou could get the free comic book day offer for TMNT signed along wirh whatever else.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 04-29-2017 at 12:50 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #22
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I got the Eastman variant of IDW's TMNT #50 and the free comic book day offer. I got a few pictures that I will post later. I only had time to ask Kevin 2 things of a whole list. First I ask why CKD ask me to for us all, I asked him about the TMNT Universe co-writer contest. He loved the idea and said he would jot it down in his memory and bring it to Bobby at their next meeting(or if he checks this thread). There is also hom forgetting the brief conversation as I was one 201 people going through the lind. I also asked who would he like to team the Turtles with of all of fiction out there ignoring copyright hurdles. He said Superman to fight Jack 'King' Kirby's Darkseid.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 PM   #23
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I stood in line for about 40 minutes. Its better than the just over 4 hours at Heroes Con. I got the previously posted Ninja Turtles#50 Eastman variant and the complementary Eastman variant of the FCBD TMNT: Dimension X autographed. It was really windy and there was a band under a separate tent that was mostly noise to me. It was probably 1,000 people lined up for the free offeri gs along with cosplay characters of Casey Jones, MMPR Red Ranger, Goku, and elementary school aged brothers dressed as The Riddler and The Joker (Ledger version).

I noticed something after I got hime when I saw the receipt,the copy of Batman#204 that I purchased to fill in one of my last holes in Silver/Bronze run. The price tag had $29 on it, but the '9' was almost faded completely and I was charged only $2. I didn't catch it because I paid on credit card and suspect it was a FCBD only employee that rang me up.

I go to that Ultimate Comics usually 3 times a year when I am passing through the area and its great being just off the highway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20170506_152149.jpg (20.8 KB, 18 views)

Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #24
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist

Congrats on being near to completing the Batman run your after. Also on getting the sigs. Sounds like an overall fun/successful trip.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Chrisdude, how was your trip? Do you ever go to Ultimate Comics? I do two to three times a year when passing through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Congrats on being near to completing the Batman run your after. Also on getting the sigs. Sounds like an overall fun/successful trip.
Yeah, I have been building the classic Batman run for years. For the longest time it was Batman#232(1st Ras' al Ghul) through Batman#359 (first Killer Croc/Jason Todd) until I was able to push it back to #199. It was a steal of a deal thanks to an employees ignorance. Another shop I go to Acme Comics in Greensboro has every single comic they have in inventory registered into a computer with the current price so a faded 9 would not have been a factor there. Its about the best deal I ever got by accident.

Yes,it was a good trip. I am amazed at the very long line of people out to get what I consider cheap comics that are easy to forget about. One occasion DC and/or Marvel can kickstart a company-wide event,but this year it was all about Kevin Eastman. I don't know how they snagged him!!!