The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did the FW cartoon have good comedy
Yes 31 79.49%
No 8 20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #21
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,587
Yeah, it did have some good moments that made me laugh and I still do laugh at it when I watch it. Some jokes were corny, but others were pretty good and the banter between Shredder and Krang was the best.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #22
Antrax
Hench Mutant
 
Antrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, it did have some good moments that made me laugh and I still do laugh at it when I watch it. Some jokes were corny, but others were pretty good and the banter between Shredder and Krang was the best.
Completely agree.
I just watched a couple of random episodes and I only laughed once in each, but most of the humorous bits were enjoyable, even the corny ones.
__________________
B/S/T List
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
I don't really laugh as in the, "tremendous amount of laughter" aspect like you would in a movie theater, but I do crack a smile and chuckle at some of the funnier or more amusing moments.

I loved the scene in the Mutagen Man episode where he changes into Vernon, and then the real Vernon walks right up to him and sees himself and says, "What a handsome fellow" and just continues walking right by like he's not shocked to see a duplicate of himself walking around.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #24
Wesley
Stone Warrior
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't really laugh as in the, "tremendous amount of laughter" aspect like you would in a movie theater, but I do crack a smile and chuckle at some of the funnier or more amusing moments.

I loved the scene in the Mutagen Man episode where he changes into Vernon, and then the real Vernon walks right up to him and sees himself and says, "What a handsome fellow" and just continues walking right by like he's not shocked to see a duplicate of himself walking around.
Agreed. One of my favourite dialogue is between Shredder and Vernon in Attack of the Neutrinos when Veron says he doesn't know anything and Shredder replies "That's never stopped you from talking before." The cartoon had some great one-liners.
__________________
Splinter: "Winning is nothing. Doing your best and acting with honour are the only things that matter." (from Wrath of the Rat King)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Mad Scientist
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,367
My favourite funny moment is when Casey Jones gets hired in Corporate Raiders for Dimension X.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #26
Wesley
Stone Warrior
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
My favourite funny moment is when Casey Jones gets hired in Corporate Raiders for Dimension X.
That was hilarious alright. Reminds me of another funny episode (Plan Six from Outer Space) when Rocksteady and Bebop were working for Channel Six.
__________________
Splinter: "Winning is nothing. Doing your best and acting with honour are the only things that matter." (from Wrath of the Rat King)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Mad Scientist
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,367
Someone enlighten me, I remember a funny moment from Shredder but can't remember the episode. He says:

"Id give you a hand, or better yet, a finger!"
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,371
Mm... Good Humor.

I think the funniest part about the old show was usually the premise of the plots themselves and the way the various characters played off each other. So big credit to the voice acting cast, because the show would have never worked with static delivery or actors who didn't truly understand their characters.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #29
Wesley
Stone Warrior
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Someone enlighten me, I remember a funny moment from Shredder but can't remember the episode. He says:

"Id give you a hand, or better yet, a finger!"
He said that in Shreeka's Revenge, one of my favourite eps. Loved the banter between Shreeka and Bebop/Rocksteady in that ep.
__________________
Splinter: "Winning is nothing. Doing your best and acting with honour are the only things that matter." (from Wrath of the Rat King)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #30
DestronMirage22
Mad Scientist
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 1,378
There should've been an option on the poll for sort of or sometimes.

The humor can be childish at times or dated.
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Texas, US
Posts: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Someone enlighten me, I remember a funny moment from Shredder but can't remember the episode. He says:

"Id give you a hand, or better yet, a finger!"
Honestly, going by the audio alone, it becomes a question of which finger is in question
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
and Shredder replies "That's never stopped you from talking before."
My current re-watch is up to that point, literally just watched that one last night. Did give me a chuckle. The show does have some good snarky humor at times.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #33
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,778
I don't remember many of them being all that good, but a few definitely made me chuckle. Especially the Shredder and Krang stuff.
__________________

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:03 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
Honestly some of the stupidest scenes in the OT could be funny. Like the scene where Bebop was dressed up as an old woman carrying chocolate chip cookies and she hits Rocksteady over the head with his pocketbook saying, "You nasty brute."

For all intents and purposes this scene should be dumb as hell, but for some reason it amuses me watching it. Even the dumbest scenes in the show could have amusement value.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:34 AM   #35
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,411
Ah yes. The idiotic disguises they used for "The Gang's All Here". One of my fave episodes. I found the scene in season one where they come across all of Shredder's "Ninja" businesses while heading to the security company with April pretty funny. "Ninja Dentist"?! Ouch, indeed!!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #36
FredWolfLeonardo
Mad Scientist
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Ah yes. The idiotic disguises they used for "The Gang's All Here". One of my fave episodes. I found the scene in season one where they come across all of Shredder's "Ninja" businesses while heading to the security company with April pretty funny. "Ninja Dentist"?! Ouch, indeed!!
I found it so bizzare how the turtles didnt recognize bebop and rocksteady through those disguises. Either disguises in the FW show look much more convincing within the show than to us the audience or the turtles were just messing around with those two on purpose.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I found it so bizzare how the turtles didnt recognize bebop and rocksteady through those disguises. Either disguises in the FW show look much more convincing within the show than to us the audience or the turtles were just messing around with those two on purpose.
It's just cartoon logic. It's the same reason Team Rocket's disguises in pokemon always fool Ash and his friends, even though they're barely disguised. This all dates back to Looney Tunes stuff or Clark Kent wearing glasses and nobody can tell he's Superman.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #38
FredWolfLeonardo
Mad Scientist
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's just cartoon logic. It's the same reason Team Rocket's disguises in pokemon always fool Ash and his friends, even though they're barely disguised. This all dates back to Looney Tunes stuff or Clark Kent wearing glasses and nobody can tell he's Superman.
Or sonics disguises in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Who could forget those
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,826
Well it's the same for the Turtles, when they walked outside in their trenchcoats or other human clothing, they still had green faces, hands and feet.

Only exception is when they wore those bald head masks they had in a few episodes. But they still didn't wear shoes and nobody noticed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #40
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,672
I also wish the poll had a sometimes/sort of option because jokes were hit or miss for me even as a kid. But my first exposure to TMNT was the 1990 film and it was way funnier so I guess I kinda had higher standards, whoops.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.