The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 AM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Devs Working On New Avengers Game

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tom.../1100-6447287/

Square Enix and Marvel today announced a multi-game partnership, the first part of which is for a new Avengers game from Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics and Deus Ex studio Eidos Montreal.

A trailer for the untitled project can be seen below, featuring narration from a mysterious character. "They say the time of heroes is over," a woman says. "That if you're 'different,' you're dangerous. But I know the truth. The world will always need heroes. We just need to reassemble."

The trailer shows Thor's hammer, Captain America's shield, and Iron Man's hand, though it looks like they all have seen better days. The tagline "reassemble" suggests they have been scattered. They will probably be brought back together to save the planet because they are very good at that.

Square Enix did not share any concrete information about the game, so we don't know the story, what platforms it's coming to, or when it will be released.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Aaannd they're pulling the plug on it.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/marvels...ets-end-dates/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:08 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was about to say that was fast but then I realized the original post was made in 2017.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:32 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I was about to say that was fast but then I realized the original post was made in 2017.
I think that Avengers game had a sordid history to it though.... it was like... languishing just to be released and there was pushback against the awkward costumes and character designs. And then it was buggy and didn't play well. And at some point I was surprised to find out that they had actually released more content for the multi-player and so on.

But this game is a prime example about how a game's single player campaign overwrites multi-player cashgrabs anyday.

The two biggest things facing gaming today:

-can you buy a disc or are you at the whims of the publisher if you download their game
-is the game's campaign just a front for an online multi-player program or is the campaign the game?

In so many ways everyone is just temporarily leasing a game nowadays and relying on patches and downloads. The gaming community should abandon that model so that publishers have to follow the market on it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:00 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

It takes peculiar talent to **** up game based on the BIGGEST IP in the world, sans Star Wars.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote