Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #61
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Looks like people are really into purple
Old 02-28-2018, 07:35 PM   #62
funatic
Mad Scientist

Lol yeah Donatello's suddenly extra popular when it comes to representing the hair of a middle-aged man.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #63
funatic
Mad Scientist

Whelp the kickstarter for Drawing Blood 2 has been up for a week now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ng-blood-vol-2

Which reminds me, did anyone here receive a TMNT mystery box from the first kickstarter?... WHAT WAS IN IT???
Old 08-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #64
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Haven't read any of this series, but I love Jim Lawson's style on it:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0oM6ivhSVC/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #65
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Looks like people are really into purple
Probably because of Bebop
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #66
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Whelp the kickstarter for Drawing Blood 2 has been up for a week now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ng-blood-vol-2

Which reminds me, did anyone here receive a TMNT mystery box from the first kickstarter?... WHAT WAS IN IT???
Yeah it had a really good start but has slowed way down. It’s over halfway there but $75k is a lot of $. It would be nice if it at least makes it to the first stretch goal though.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #67
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Yeah it had a really good start but has slowed way down. It’s over halfway there but $75k is a lot of $. It would be nice if it at least makes it to the first stretch goal though.
Yeah Kickstarters tend to start and finish strong with a lull in between. 125k is still a stretch though but I really hope we make it to that Eastman sketchbook.

Drawing Blood itself really grew on me with each issue, I especially loved the convention scene where Bookman is denouncing that the RRRR will be aliens in the new Morgan Harbor (brilliant parody of Michael Bay) movie!

If you want a romanticized retelling of the origin and fame explosion of the TMNT, with killer art to boot, pledge to this Kickstarter! You can even get the first volume as part of this campaign if you missed it the first time.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #68
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Here's what I got in mine:

-Two small inserts advertising IDW TMNT and Bishop's Aggregate. (Similar to what a comic shop would put in the bag with every purchase)

-Small green plastic ninja turtle figure (signed)

-Neca Leonardo with Swords (signed)

-Usagi figure that spins about 180 degrees at the waist (signed)

-A small vinyl mystery box/grab bag style figure (Leonardo)

-The somewhat recently released vinyl record of the 1990 movie soundtrack (signed, orange records).

-Drawing Blood TPB (Eastman cover)

-2 different covers for RRRR

-1 TMNT Fan Club Variant

-Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 (signed)

I'd say it was fun, but overall not worth the price. I wouldn't say I was disappointed because I know the risks inherent in Mystery Boxes, but I wouldn't buy another on the strength of this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mystery Box.jpg (101.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #69
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

Okay, if you scroll down to the Mateus Santauluco section, you'll see a print by him of the IDW turtles in "year one", all in red masks, with Hob in the background... Is that included with a kickstarter package for Drawing Blood? How would that work?

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. I'm in love with that print and need to get it!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #70
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Here's what I got in mine:

Spoiler:
-Two small inserts advertising IDW TMNT and Bishop's Aggregate. (Similar to what a comic shop would put in the bag with every purchase)

-Small green plastic ninja turtle figure (signed)

-Neca Leonardo with Swords (signed)

-Usagi figure that spins about 180 degrees at the waist (signed)

-A small vinyl mystery box/grab bag style figure (Leonardo)

-The somewhat recently released vinyl record of the 1990 movie soundtrack (signed, orange records).

-Drawing Blood TPB (Eastman cover)

-2 different covers for RRRR

-1 TMNT Fan Club Variant

-Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #1 (signed)

I'd say it was fun, but overall not worth the price. I wouldn't say I was disappointed because I know the risks inherent in Mystery Boxes, but I wouldn't buy another on the strength of this one.
That's a real nice hall, but yeah I bought almost all of it individually as it came out so glad I didn't risk it. That Fan Club Variant is a beaut tho, isn't that the Eastman/Laird colab from a few years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Okay, if you scroll down to the Mateus Santauluco section, you'll see a print by him of the IDW turtles in "year one", all in red masks, with Hob in the background... Is that included with a kickstarter package for Drawing Blood? How would that work?

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. I'm in love with that print and need to get it!
I think those are just samples of his work, unrelated to the kickstarter. I believe that image was used for a cover to a French omnibus of IDW comics, not sure if he ever made prints but maybe try contacting Santauluco directly? I vaguely remember one of the TMNT facebook groups doing a bulk order of the french book too, so maybe someone has an extra to sell? Can't remember which group though, sorry!
Old 08-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #71
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post

I missed out on the original art for that print by about 45 minutes. So close! Still stings a bit.

I think it was used as a cover for a French TPB.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #72
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
That's a real nice hall, but yeah I bought almost all of it individually as it came out so glad I didn't risk it. That Fan Club Variant is a beaut tho, isn't that the Eastman/Laird colab from a few years ago?
It sure is. The first time I saw it was a colored version that was made into a print and sold at one of the Shellback signings a few years ago. Then I saw the B&W one repurposed when Kevin started up his fan club.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #73
funatic
Mad Scientist

There's a "sketch-battle" between Ben Bishop and Troy Little streamed live on the Drawing Blood facebook page tonight from 7-9pm EST. There'll be auctions going for the RRRR art they sketch up.

EDIT: the bids are currently over $4,000 each for their sketch covers and still climbin til 9:30! This should be a nice boost to the kickstarter (assuming these bidders are legit).

Last edited by funatic; 08-09-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #74
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
There's a "sketch-battle" between Ben Bishop and Troy Little streamed live on the Drawing Blood facebook page tonight from 7-9pm EST. There'll be auctions going for the RRRR art they sketch up.

EDIT: the bids are currently over $4,000 each for their sketch covers and still climbin til 9:30! This should be a nice boost to the kickstarter (assuming these bidders are legit).
Yeah the bidding got crazy. I’m pretty sure it was one guy that won both covers and he’s already paid. He belongs to the Ben Bishop fan club and is always dropping heavy bids like that. I know the sketch covers they used were only limited to 100 but I didn’t expect them to get that high. He paid about $10,000 total.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:21 AM   #75
funatic
Mad Scientist

Yeah that was nut$. I'm glad he was legit and already paid, nice bump for the kickstarter!