The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 01:15 AM   #21
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that this series is getting more and more bland.

I ... don't think I can enjoy it anymore.

I'm having more fun reading Jujutsu Kaisen.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #22
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
... Aaaannnddd, this show has now been cancelled ( ,at least for me ).

Disgusting. To think that I once respected this series - ugh!
I'm sure in the MHA universe, there are people who exploit their quirks to commit acts like this.

Was this played for laughs? If so, I can see there being a problem.

But the summary provided on the page seems to imply it was taken seriously, and Izuku saves them before anything happened.

The lone comment on the article sums things up for me:

Quote:
So it's ok for a villain to disintegrate people because he thinks life is a video game, or poison them with a nerve agent and shoot them, but a more realistic threat like a creep preying on minors is insane to comprehend for generation snowflake. Grow the f*** up. These kinds of things happen all the time. Especially in the catholic church. All that aside, the heroes were able to defeat the villain and save the day. What's your problem people? Isn't this how you'd want a story like this to end?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #23
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wish Studio BONES would just halt the production of the My Hero Academia films.

I know it's mainly for monetary reasons, but still. It's starting to hamper the anime production.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 12-02-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't watch this series, but doesn't it have a creepy pervert character like Master Roshi from Dragonball Z who gropes all the female characters breasts or something?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #25
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Unfortunately, yes.

Why did the author feel the need to add that?
Old 08-13-2021, 12:30 PM   #26
Allio
Foot Elite

Gotta have a punching bag.
Old 08-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

The reason I ask is this anime seems popular with zoomers on twitter, and in today's "politically correct" society, I'm surprised today's generation would put up with female characters being gropes for comedy or treated like sex objects.

It isn't 1985 anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:24 PM   #28
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The reason I ask is this anime seems popular with zoomers on twitter, and in today's "politically correct" society, I'm surprised today's generation would put up with female characters being gropes for comedy or treated like sex objects.

It isn't 1985 anymore.
Gladly, Japan mostly doesn't give a single **** about Western SJW / Puritans.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:30 PM   #29
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
I wish Studio BONES would just halt the production of the My Hero Academia films.

I know it's mainly for monetary reasons, but still. It's starting to affect the anime production.

In related news, Shinsuke Sato will direct the live-action My Hero Academia movie.

At least it won't hamper the anime production.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:38 PM   #30
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I am getting more and more frustrated with the way MHA treats its female characters/heroines.

They are either sidelined, injured, or killed. Frankly, it's disheartening.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:54 PM   #31
Allio
Foot Elite

Hate to tell you this, every character has been sidelined for the Deku/AFO fight.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:19 PM   #32
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I know. It's inevitable.

It's just that, on top of them being groped/sexualized/objectified, the female characters don't even get a chance to shine.

It's saddening. The women/girls of MHA are being neglected.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #33
Allio
Foot Elite

You keep using Sexualized and objectified in MHA, but the worst that’s happened to was MT. Lady and that was intentionally in character.

Heck the only time the franchise has “objectified” anyone was the boys in an audio drama.

You can make an argument for POP from Vigilante, but I don’t expect you to have read that.

My Hero Academia is Vanilla as all hell. As horny as he is I bet even Cyber agrees.
Old 11-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #34
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
You keep using Sexualized and objectified in MHA, but the worst that’s happened to was MT. Lady and that was intentionally in character.

Virtually every female character is sexualized/objectified, whether on screen/page or in passing.

Quote:
Heck the only time the franchise has “objectified” anyone was the boys in an audio drama.

They weren't objectified; they were sexually assaulted.

Quote:
You can make an argument for POP from Vigilante, but I don’t expect you to have read that.

I have read through Vigilantes.

It's even worse than the main manga.

Quote:
My Hero Academia is Vanilla as all hell. As horny as he is I bet even Cyber agrees.

I don't really care that it's "vanilla", as that doesn't justify/excuse its treatment of women/girls.

It's horrible.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:15 AM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

OMG.... just grow up. Maybe anime/manga just isn't for you? Stick to the American stuff that censors and tip-toes around such thing then.

People complain about gate-keeping but it's there for a reason. To keep the damn normies out that just 'don't get it' or can't handle it.

I'm not saying sexualizing the female characters is right or wrong, I'm just saying, it's Japan, and unlike most of the crazy SJW weirdos out there, no, us American fans have absolutely NO say and NO right to tell Japan how to make their shows.

These shows are made for a Japanese audience first and foremost, the fact they can also be popular in America and other countries is a happy (and very lucrative) side effect, but the main audience is always gonna be Japan and they love their lewd humor and stuff. If you can't deal, choose another hobby. Maybe Star Wars is more your deal.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:38 AM   #36
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Virtually every female character is sexualized/objectified, whether on screen/page or in passing.
Just watch Western stuff, if you can't stomach sexy things.

Also, imagine, writers don't care about your opinion, because, they are aiming at different, much saner audience.

On that note, I am starting to thing that gatekeeping is actually a good thing, since at every instance, when "gates were breached" the franchise in question turned into pile of **** or close getting to it.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:40 AM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exactly. It's basically

Show is good but niche or underground
Stupid Normies discover it and they love it
It becomes super popular and mainstream
Despite the fact normies first liked it 'as is', they still wish to change it to suit their stupid needs
Mainstream changes it and ****s it up, ironically try to gatekeep the original fans out of it despite it being their show to begin with
Show is now shadow of its former self, either no one likes it anymore or the fans wished it was like before, normies bash the fans and calls them losers, nerds, incels, etc
Normies move on to next underground hit

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #38
Sumac
Banned

It is not that bad when it comes to relatively mainstream stuff, like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, but when it comes to niche stuff, like boardgames, anime or video games, those "gatebreakers" are like locusts - they come in, **** all over the place, kick out people who make those things popular in the first place and then move on onto the next thing.

Twice as funny that those shitpies, cover the fact that they turn franchise into crap, by saying that they "made it more accessible" and "more modern"...yeah, sure, except original version was already pretty accessible to everyone who wanted to get in. Key word: "wanted".

There is a reason why those works where niche - not, because, there were bunch of evil "white males" keeping everyone out, but, because, very few people wanted to access them in the first place. So, those "gatebreakers" create problem that doesn't exist and bring ruin to the stuff at the same time.

Ironic that SJW trash constantly cries, that: "we are here not to take away your games", except Western media tells a different thing: what with Ghostbastards 2016, Feminist's Angels, Terminator: Dark Flop and some video games.

Its like mandatory quotas in companies to add more "diversity" - they don't work, because, those who really wanted to get in the companies already got there by receiving good education or having connections with right people.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I feel the problem with most normies is they feel that weird need to fit in and hop on whatever is popular as if their life depends on it. That's why you have all these shows like Game of Thrones and whatever else, I think now the current flavor is Squid Game where its like 'omg you just have to watch it, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEVER WATCHED SQUID GAME???' and all that nonsense.

The problem is, sometimes the thing in question is still niche, despite it being mainstream, so these people can't get into the show but since they insist they HAVE to like it cause it's mainstream (what do you mean you never seen My Hero Academia???? PLUS ULTRA AMIRITE???) they now want to dumb it down, woke it up, **** it up to fit their current SJW narrative of the day and other crap.

The irony is first they complain when the actual fans want to gatekeep, then they take over the series and want to gatekeep their woke version while at the same time telling the fans that made it big enough so it would become mainstream in the first place that the series is 'not for you'.

**** that nonsense. Here's hoping anime never gets woke unless it's a parody to make fun of the woke normie idiots.

Old 11-22-2021, 01:22 PM   #40
Sumac
Banned

I am fairly sure that Japan-only shows won't get woke, partially, because, of Japanese culture, partially, because, of their national pride. Not so sure about shows that would be made with international audience in mind, but its telling that a lot of creators in Japan itself are pushing against SJW crap.

So, if anything SJW would be able to massacre dubs, but that's why subs exist.

Tags
papenbrook triggered