The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
On here i use the same volume 1-4 etc like rich and other refere to the volums but at home by my self this is how i place the volums.

Mirage volum:1
Mirage volum:2
Mirage volum:3
Image volum:1
That's weird... Mirage Volume 4 literally calls itself "Vol. 4" inside the comics themselves.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #22
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

I've generally used the Mirage Licensing site as the guidelines for this personally.

Volume 1 and 2 are straightforward.

The site lists the Image comics as "Volume 3" (they even include the quotation marks ), so I've always considered those books Volume 3 despite agreeing with Peter that they are not canon. I never got into the Image books and they seemed like too big a departure from volume 2 for me to consider them otherwise.

The site lists Laird's TMNT series from 2001 as Volume 4 and I believe the books also state it, so I'm good with those.

I've never considered the Dreamwave books as a volume because they always struck me more as a tie-in to the 2003 animated series as opposed to a standard comic series. As such, I put them in the same category as any of the Archie, Adventures, or Movie/TV tie-in books in the past. The only difference is the Dreamwave series didn't have any extra words in the title, but in every other way they seem to be a cross-promotional tie-in product.

I still mentally consider IDW TMNT as volume 5, but I almost never refer to it as such. For years, I've always referred to it as "IDW TMNT" and everyone knows what I'm talking about. In that regard, I suppose it really doesn't matter.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #23
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's weird... Mirage Volume 4 literally calls itself "Vol. 4" inside the comics themselves.
True but i think it depends on if you think image is Canon or not.again if you are picky mirage never did relase a volum 3 they just skip it and did go from 2-4.again since Peter did say he did not consider image as Canon its weird he did print volum 4 AS 4 and not 3?because that woued make more sense to print it AS volum 3 since he did not consider image Canon and it was the 3 volum mirage did print.even if you do consider image Canon or not.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #24
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I've generally used the Mirage Licensing site as the guidelines for this personally.

Volume 1 and 2 are straightforward.

The site lists the Image comics as "Volume 3" (they even include the quotation marks ), so I've always considered those books Volume 3 despite agreeing with Peter that they are not canon. I never got into the Image books and they seemed like too big a departure from volume 2 for me to consider them otherwise.

The site lists Laird's TMNT series from 2001 as Volume 4 and I believe the books also state it, so I'm good with those.

I've never considered the Dreamwave books as a volume because they always struck me more as a tie-in to the 2003 animated series as opposed to a standard comic series. As such, I put them in the same category as any of the Archie, Adventures, or Movie/TV tie-in books in the past. The only difference is the Dreamwave series didn't have any extra words in the title, but in every other way they seem to be a cross-promotional tie-in product.

I still mentally consider IDW TMNT as volume 5, but I almost never refer to it as such. For years, I've always referred to it as "IDW TMNT" and everyone knows what I'm talking about. In that regard, I suppose it really doesn't matter.
I just try to make it easy and fore me i make a volume fore diffrent universes/timelines.it does not matter if dreamwave was based on the 2003 show because so was archie and thats why i call it a volum 1 if that make sense.if i was to put archie and dreamwave In the same timeline that woued not make sense fore me and thats why i see them AS a seperate volume.same with mirage and idw it woued not make sense to call idw volume 5 because its not picking up where mirage vol 4 did stop.again wath i think other call a volume is In witch order they did Get relased but then we have to add a lot more than mirage and image and idw.a proper volume order woued be more complicaded with mirage as volume 1.archie AS volume 2.mirage volum 2 AS volum 3.image AS volume 4.dreamwave AS volum 5 mirage volum 4 AS volum 6 idw AS volume 7 and thats only with the Main comic and not specials,movie tie Ins and crossovers that woued make the list more complicaded and longer.
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #25
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I have to go with;

Mirage Vol 1
Mirage Vol 2
Image Vol 3
Mirage Vol 4

Then Dreamworks being its own thing (So TMNT 2003 Vol 1 I guess) and IDW's current run being IDW TMNT Vol 1.

As others have said, Mirage could technically do a Vol 5 if they wanted. I don't believe they ever will but they have the rights to.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:10 AM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

How many issues did the TMNT 2012 comic go on for?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote